Related:
Create New Tag
cleanbmx cleanbmx
3/3/2011 9:51 AM

I have been looking to buy a camera for some BMX photography. But the sad thing is I know pretty much nothing about cameras, I know I need a DSLR but as to what make and model I have no idea what to look for. Can anyone suggest a good digital camera for high speed shots that is user friendly and hopefully good in low light? Thanks.

brianoob brianoob
3/3/2011 9:42 PM

price range?

Easternbiker93 Easternbiker93
3/4/2011 4:24 AM

D3100. I'm a Nikon guy. The D3100 is one of this years new Nikon DSLRs. It has a higher Megapixel count and higher HD Video Quality. 3 Frames per second. If you have a little more cash get the D7000. That's the other new model for this year, shoots HD video with 6 frames per second.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25472/D3100.html
http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25468/D7000.html

Both great.

Check out Canons as well.

Do you know anything about DSLRs and settings and stuff?

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

cleanbmx cleanbmx
3/4/2011 4:36 AM

Ooops, sorry, I am looking to spend up to $600 on one. Cheap would be nice but seeing how selling used gear is difficult I want something nice I won't outgrow anytime soon. I sadly know nothing about cameras outside of pointing and clicking and hoping for the best! Hahaha! But seriously I don't really know anything about cameras but hey you have to learn somehow right? I live in Vermont and right now the BMX scene has no representation at all here. I would like to change this. When I was younger there was a crew of guys I rode with but everyone grew out of it or moved on. When I ride, it's just me. But there are riders in Vermont, but they are few and far between. I want to get a scene going here and organize some contests and rail jams and flat jams and film and photograph it and post it online. I just think it sucks that there's no communication here at all. I think I'm the only guy from Vermont on Vital actually......

brianoob brianoob
3/4/2011 1:16 PM
Canon EOS Rebel T3 - $599 RRP
Canon EOS Rebel T1i - $749.99 RRP
Canon EOS Rebel T2i - $899.99 RRP

Here are my recommendations if you want a Canon. the first two: T3 and T1i are pretty basic, beginner cameras with decent quality of shots and video. T3 has a Features Guide which gives you brief explanations of the controls and stuff so that might be a good idea since you don't know anything about settings. The T2i has a lot better video. It records with the same quality as the 7D which was used to film Mutiny Bikes - One Spring Day.

The camera I have is a hand-me-down Canon EOS Rebel XTI which is an outdated camera from 2006. It has 10.1 Megapixels and maximum ISO of 1600. All of those cameras i listed have higher megapixel count and higher maximum ISO which is obviously better. I'm kinda a beginner as well, I just google the settings and stuff and experiment with them so theres no need for lessons and all that kinda stuff. Here are my bike check photos where i used the XTI to take them. These are pretty good quality and all of those cameras I listed have better specs than the camera i used.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
cleanbmx cleanbmx
3/4/2011 7:53 PM

Wow, those pics are really crisp! What kind of bike is that? Love the Vans sticker, I have the same one on my helmet. Thanks for the recommendations, I think I shall pick out a new camera this weekend.

i_ridekink i_ridekink
3/5/2011 11:16 AM

canon t3

sittin on the porch with a fresh pair a shoes~!

refs: hunthobb2

Easternbiker93 Easternbiker93
3/5/2011 9:57 PM
cleanbmx wrote:

Wow, those pics are really ...more

Would you like to see some sample D3100 pictures? I can post a bunch of mine if you'd like.

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

cleanbmx cleanbmx
3/9/2011 1:57 PM
Easternbiker93 wrote:

Would you like to see some ...more

Sure Easternbiker, I'd love to see some of your pics!

Well gentlemen, after long hours of deliberation I have settled on an Olympus PEN camera. I bought it at a local camera store which I am very thankful for because the gentlemen at Staples knew nothing at all about cameras. I think I made a wise choice camera wise, it has all the features of a Nikon D3000 but for $50 less and is less than half the size. This thing is tiny, but seems to take a nice pic. I'm firing up the battery right now, and my new bike shall be delivered soon, I think I feel a bike check coming on!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP