Related:
Create New Tag
kurtkuhbein kurtkuhbein
7/11/2012 6:23 AM

I want to buy a MacBook Pro, but I'm not sure if i should get the 2,5 or the 2,9 version. At the moment im using a PC, for office things, video editing, photo editing, games (older ones), internet, ... At the moment i have some problems with editing Full HD videos with my PC, because it's not the fastest one anymore.
What would you recommend? Buying the faster one with bigger ram and HDD or would the "slower" one be enough. By the way: How is iCut, does it make sense for normal people to buy Final Cut Pro X?

Thanks,
Julian

pain is temporary... ...losing is forever!

Trev Trev
7/11/2012 6:29 AM

I suggest you buy a high end laptop instead, the only thing your paying for on a mac is the "Apple" logo, for the price you pay on a mac, you could buy a high end gaming laptop instead, and if you like the mac operating system, you could easily just download it and install it on the pc.

Trev Trev
7/11/2012 6:32 AM

Example, people are selling core 2 duo Mac's for $500-$600 second-hand and for that price you could purchase a brand new core i5. And for a Mac with a core i5 it cost around $1000-$1400 second-hand. Its pretty much equivalent to buying a Toyota with a Mercedes badge or buying the actual Mercedes itself for the same price.

kurtkuhbein kurtkuhbein
7/11/2012 6:36 AM

I knew somebody would post this haha I definitly want a mac, and I know im paying a lot for the apple. I just wanted to know if i should invest a bit more for the 2,9GHz or not.

kurtkuhbein kurtkuhbein
7/11/2012 6:37 AM

Thanks tough wink

Bmxican406 Bmxican406
7/11/2012 6:47 AM
Trev wrote:

Example, people are ...more

Wait so macs hold their value over your 600 to 800 dollar pc that sells for 200 in a year or 2? hmmmm

If your one to be serious about editing id look into the 2.9. I just have a 2.24 mac from a couple years back and i never had any issues editing hd videos. If youve got the money and can invest id say go for it. If not then im sure that 2.5 will be more than enough.

Trev Trev
7/11/2012 6:58 AM
Trev wrote:

Example, people are ...more

Bmxican406 wrote:

Wait so macs hold their ...more

yes it does, but it gets outdated quickly and most people would probably not want to buy one as they all go for the "newer technology" lol

kurtkuhbein kurtkuhbein
7/11/2012 6:59 AM

Okay thanks!

Trev Trev
7/11/2012 6:59 AM
kurtkuhbein wrote:

I knew somebody would post ...more

If you have the money and can afford it then go for it.

kurtkuhbein kurtkuhbein
7/11/2012 7:00 AM
Trev wrote:

yes it does, but it gets ...more

But if you want to go for the newest technology always, you have to be a billionair or you just never buy any technological thing. It cant get old then :D

Trev Trev
7/11/2012 7:04 AM
Bmxican406 wrote:

Wait so macs hold their ...more

Trev wrote:

yes it does, but it gets ...more

kurtkuhbein wrote:

But if you want to go for ...more

Yes for a rich person it doesn't matter what so ever, but I believe for an average person it is expensive just for a logo but these days people would prefer aesthetics over performance i suppose.

LorenzoGallegos LorenzoGallegos
7/11/2012 11:31 PM

I've been using my 13" Macbook Pro for about 2 years now and I'm a computer science major so I use it for A LOT of software development and whatnot, and it has never failed me.

I have done 99% of my school projects on it, and I'm on this thing all the time and it's still going strong.
Mine is a 2.53 GHz and it's fine for me! I would say just go with that one to save some money.

kurtkuhbein kurtkuhbein
7/12/2012 7:46 AM

i would pay 1450 euros for the stronger one, and i think im going for it, because upgrading a notebook is not really possible i think. its not only because of the cpu, i have two times more ram too then and a bigger hdd so. thanks for all your recommendations!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP