Related:
Create New Tag
Big_ol_schlong Big_ol_schlong
2/26/2013 3:42 PM

Any fellow guitarists out there? IF so, what setup do run/ what do you play/ what's your collection?
My guitars - a Jackson, a Fender, and an Epi.
My pedals - a Crybaby classic wah, a Washburn soloist distortion, a Boss Heavy Metal HT-6, a DOD death metal distortion, and of course foot switches for the amps.
My bass - Peavey
My amps - Fender Frontman 212r 100w, and a Line6 15w spyder III (for the effects really, it destroys all guitar tone)
I usually play some Pink floyd, but my range is from doo-wop to Raining Blood to Gorillaz to Steve Vai haha, I just play what's fun.

2/26/2013 3:44 PM

Oh, and I'm an advanced level player, I can get extremely technical in my playing like sweep picking, really fast licks, crazy bends and taps, and all sorts of weird things almost like Vai or Satriani but I can do the smoothest David Gilmour style solos too, it's really weird haha

joeben joeben
2/26/2013 4:11 PM

I play but i had to sell my guitar to pay court fines sad i used to have just a standard Dean Razorback DB, some 15w crate amp, the same boss heavy metal pedal you have and a grunge pedal. i am nowhere near as good as you but i try. you have any vids?

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
Bitches love my tricycle

sbc785 sbc785
2/26/2013 4:14 PM

I played guitar for years, I used to collect them too once i got my '87 Hamer Specialized Steve Stevens personal guitar that i ended up selling to Jack Frost (played with Seven Witches and was Savatage's touring guitar player....you're all too young to know any of them). Jack Frost gave me like $4300 for the guitar and i turned around and bought a Jackson Flying V, BC Rich Warlock (Platinum) and a Marshall stack. I've had multiple vintage Fenders, a few Ibanez 7-strings, other random guitars that my dad and i traded back and forth to each other.

I sold all my guitars when I moved from Colorado, I'll end up buying more eventually.

here's Jack Frost's wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Frost_%28musician%29

2/26/2013 4:40 PM
sbc785 wrote:

I played guitar for years, ...more

My old guitar teacher when I first started seriously playing played with guys like Frost, Allman brothers, and so many more. His name's austin pettit, you may have heard of him. He had a 60's Gibby LP white with gold trim and parts, and he sold it for $300 in the 70's. He regrets it so much

joeben joeben
2/26/2013 4:59 PM

If you know anything about ESP guitars you'd definatly appreciate this guitar
http://wichita.craigslist.org/msg/3643616569.html

Bitches love my tricycle

sbc785 sbc785
2/26/2013 5:04 PM

i love the neck thru bodies, just not a fan of the color.

I was up at Ft. Riley for a few months in 2010 when i stayed with my buddy in Junction City/Manhattan to train for motocross....i hated it, although Wichita was pretty legit.

joeben joeben
2/26/2013 5:10 PM
sbc785 wrote:

i love the neck thru ...more

Well the reason i appreciate that ESP is that its an original and not the ESP LTD,its good condition and its somewhat rare, i have seen others but none for sale. i would seriously sell my left testicle for this and an orange box fullstack.

Bitches love my tricycle

Calafia Calafia
2/26/2013 5:37 PM

68 sg standard,98 sg-x
Line 6 tone port 2 hooked up to my laptop to my tv's sound system or
vox lil night train with a vox tonelab e x.
50 wt marshall head and a 4x12 that are nothing but decoration now that I live in a condo.
Mostly psychobilly,blues,old school honkey tonk,and still cranking out the OS ac/dc.

eskimojay eskimojay
2/26/2013 5:38 PM

guitars-washburn hb35 hollowbody, mexican telecaster, home made strat, epiphone acoustic and another acoustic, ibanez iceman bass guitar
amps- crate blue voodoo 125 watt all tube 4x12 half stack, crate blackheart 1 watt tube practice amp, peavy 1 12 bass amp
pedals- crybaby wah, mxr carbon copy delay, t rex rotavibe i think its called, bunch of danelectro distortions and overdrives, boss turbo distortion, boss mega distortion

i really dont play a whole bunch anymore

2/26/2013 6:26 PM
eskimojay wrote:

guitars-washburn hb35 ...more

I was sooooooo close to buying an 80's iceman but it needed new strings (not a problem but still), the pickups were pretty rusty, needed rewiring/resoldering, and the neck was a tad warped. It was so beautiful though...

elliotlikesbikes elliotlikesbikes
2/26/2013 7:37 PM

50s dafyn blue strat and a digitech multi efect pedle with a peavy 150w amp

double murder suicide

BreakThruAlec BreakThruAlec
2/26/2013 9:15 PM

Been playing 5 years.
Guitars- Hofner Violin Electric (looks like Pal McCartney's bass), Epiphone acoustic, then 2 Squire Strats
Amps- Crate 15w practice and a Yamaha 100w
Pedals- Boss Distortion

I've been playing mostly acoustic lately.

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

SickDude SickDude
2/26/2013 9:19 PM

I quit in 5th grade cuz i was gettibg wrist arthritus from it haha

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

BENNY_SF BENNY_SF
2/26/2013 9:25 PM

1976 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson Les Paul Goth, '92 Jackson Rhodes RR1 pro japanese import, PRS Santana SE, Ibanez AX something or another, Takamine acoustic, lucero nylon string. a big box full of effects pedals that I've collected over the years(28 last time I counted). Marshall JMP-1 preamp - DBX compressor - T.C. Electronic G-major - Peavey Classic 120 power amp - Orange 4x12.

Ride, Burrito, Beer, Repeat.

andyferly andyferly
2/27/2013 5:56 AM

Not really playing as much because of time.
But I have an old ass 400watt Marshall amp a Pro co Rat pedal and, a Fender Strato from 93' and a Framus Strato Deluxe from '63 these are german guitars and my dad bought it for 30 bucks of the old Italian currency and now it's worth like a grand.
It had an amazing crunchy sound when using the distortion pedal but a really clean and deep sound without.
I also have some random 50watt amp I keep in my room and a multi sound pedal board.
I was mostly into metal but my dream is getting a Jackson RR1, juts feel like I'm not gonna have enough time to play it so it's gonna be wasted money.
Planning on buying my father a Gibson LP, he wanted one since he was a kid and never did because of my same reason, mother fucking time.

Oh and most equipment belongs to my father, we share it though because he got into classic guitar now.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

andyferly andyferly
2/27/2013 5:59 AM
Here's the Framus from '63 mine is still in good conditions, my dad got every bronze/golden part chromed and changed the knobs back in 77'

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/27/2013 6:12 PM
BENNY_SF wrote:

1976 Gibson Les Paul ...more

MY GOD. Amazing setup, mega props man.

BENNY_SF BENNY_SF
2/27/2013 7:06 PM
BENNY_SF wrote:

1976 Gibson Les Paul ...more

Big_ol_schlong wrote:

MY GOD. Amazing setup, ...more

Thank you! I've been collecting shit since I was 13, touring, working at guitar center, etc. The 1976 was a hand me down from dad. I never sell guitars, still have my first one. Whoever dies with the most wins!

Ride, Burrito, Beer, Repeat.

one try kid one try kid
2/27/2013 7:25 PM

I had an Ibanez sa120ex and a cheap ass amp.
a Zoom 707 and boss DS-1 distortion.

My coach was a very good friend of mine, every time we had a teaching session we always got sum rum to drink.
I learned a bit of basics, I wasn't very good. Maybe because we end up getting drunk all the time. lol

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP