Related:
Create New Tag
LookAtTheBacon LookAtTheBacon
10/22/2013 7:33 PM

So I live in a suburban neighborhood so quite a bit of cars come by so that would be my only problem but the tricks I want to learn require to turn the bars hardline, tailwind, etc. I also would not like a gyro so please don't suggest that. Make it simple.
BREAKS or BRAKELESS

Javier Frazier Javier Frazier
10/25/2013 5:05 PM

I've ridden brake less for about a year or two now and have had no problem without them. If your a street rider than personally I don't think breaks are necessary, but if you ride park or dirt jumps than probably you might want them but you would be fine going breakless. It's all personal preference.

Motivation.

Colley Bailey Colley Bailey
10/26/2013 3:04 AM

Try it both ways and see what you like best. I usually don't put brakes on unless I'm going to ride some big dirt jumps or downhill stuff.

PerfectSum PerfectSum
10/28/2013 1:24 PM

get gyros. perfect mix of both

i ride for fun

GTRPLR1995 GTRPLR1995
10/29/2013 10:00 AM

I run brakeless and it's fine. I do street and park mostly and I've had no issues.

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

sketchytravis sketchytravis
10/29/2013 1:46 PM

whelp, from the sounds of it you don't want brakes at all, and I don't know why youre asking because you already said you wont do gyro, which is your other option...you already gave the stereotypical "I need to turn my bars" thing

idk id keep em, but since you don't want a gyro for whatever reason, see if you can find a nokon cable

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

zachkrejmas zachkrejmas
11/15/2013 9:53 AM

Take em off! Your bike will feel so much more solid and simple, and in turn, the absence of brakes will force you to have a bit more "bike-control".

TheSalTocco TheSalTocco
12/18/2013 4:26 PM

I took my brakes off a while ago and I really like it. Its a free feeling and it kinda helps if you have a problem with just sending it. And you go faster at the park.

streetBMX streetBMX
1/3/2014 8:25 PM

I was scared as hell to take my brakes off, I decided to take them off it was fun for the first 1 or 2 weeks. It gives a free feeling to your bike and once the brakes are off you start riding faster and stoping less. Just take em off you will feel like you have more control of your bike in like a week.

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

Jesus11237 Jesus11237
1/12/2014 7:33 AM

I live in they York city, you can just imagine how many cars on on the street and how dangerous it is, and I ride brakeless, so if you don't live in New York or in Cali THAT THM OFF!! It would fell much better and it will improve you reaction time

4 peg rida Kill the scoot

T-rider T-rider
1/15/2014 4:54 AM

You should first ride with brakes, but without using them, just in case you have to stop. Then, once you feel confortable wothout brakes takes them out.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

Zhuxiong Zhuxiong
1/15/2014 4:41 PM

Here's how i looked at it:

I want the maneuverability to be able to practice bars and tails easily. My brakes are pretty poo anyway. If i've got no brakes, i can't pussy out of going for something that i've already start riding towards unless i bail out. Plus, you'll be forced to be in more control of yourself and the bike, and you'll learn what speeds to go at.

kilo23 kilo23
2/10/2014 9:06 PM

What do you do when you need to stop fast?

"This really is the last bike part I need honey, I promise this time"
Gavin 916-671-0799
Always looking for people/places to ride around Sacramento.

T-rider T-rider
2/12/2014 7:08 AM

You can do several things:
- Put your foot beetwen you seat and the wheel and push, like trying to stop the tire. If you want to add sopping power to that try to put the bike in 70 degrees or so.
- Push your bakc wheel righ if you are right foot forward, left if you are left foot forward.

The first one works better.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

WuTrailClan WuTrailClan
2/12/2014 8:05 PM

My friend took his breaks off and got hit by a truck, the day he took them off.

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

eskimojay eskimojay
2/14/2014 4:59 PM

If you need to ask this question you should not take off your brakes .....your going to get hit by a car

BMXSkater BMXSkater
2/16/2014 4:32 PM
WuTrailClan wrote:

My friend took his breaks ...more

Haha, sorry but man that was funny

Shortdude Shortdude
2/21/2014 3:23 PM

I had absolutely no problem taking my brakes off.

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

kokyandrei kokyandrei
2/23/2014 2:10 AM

I taked mine because I painted my rim, and the brake was ripping it off
also the bike was more lighter..

Myke428 Myke428
3/18/2014 6:28 PM
T-rider wrote:

You can do several things: ...more

Option one is only a good idea if you don't mind going through a pair of shoes every few months

RxKing RxKing
3/18/2014 9:00 PM
T-rider wrote:

You can do several things: ...more

Myke428 wrote:

Option one is only a good ...more

YES THIS IS TRUE^^^^^^^more like every few weeks or days!!! i live the sf bay area and ride brakeless....for now

HEAVY bikes METAL music

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP