Related:
Create New Tag
jrobez jrobez
1/29/2015 6:09 AM

i haven't gotten into lacing it yet at all but my main concern is will this work. I have never laced a wheel but I been fixing bmx bikes for 10 years and have a pretty good concept of how to lace but I can't find nothing if spoke length matters here when it comes to lacing these two things together.. Can anyone explain what spoke length has to do with here? I got a King Kong laced to a revenge ohm double wall but want to replace the hub with the primo remix. Can I just "switch" the two hubs or does spoke length matter?

jrobez jrobez
1/29/2015 6:18 AM

I guess I'm asking besides how to lace, am I going to run into any problems if I just take my old spokes and lace them up to the primo remix.

Velo/Raptor Velo/Raptor
2/3/2015 2:05 PM

most bmx bikes use either 184mm or 186mm spokes, though there are some exceptions. my buddy laced a Cult Match into a revenge rim and its a similar hub to the remix i think. i know they have something to do with eachother but i forget the details. anyways, he just used his old 186mm DT Swiss spokes and it was perfect. just get a vernier caliper and measure the distance between two spoke holes across the hub flange and the width between the two flanges of both hubs. if they're fairly similar, it should be no problem

Velo/Raptor Velo/Raptor
2/3/2015 2:06 PM

http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html and use this guys method for lacing. just ignore any boring shit about old school road bikes.

jrobez jrobez
2/5/2015 7:35 AM

thanks man

joltman900 joltman900
5/24/2015 6:31 PM

Take to a bike shop they can help with anything

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP