Related:
Create New Tag
noahholm15 noahholm15
2/2/2015 5:15 AM

The question says it all. I traded a guy wheels and he spray painted his rim and the paint is already chipping off... And it seems like there is not brake power at all.

Velo/Raptor Velo/Raptor
2/3/2015 2:10 PM

cover it in redbull, the sugar will make it sticky and grip better!

lol tbh if he didnt do a good spray job and you dont have clear pads, i'd sand the paint off the braking surfaces with a very fine sand paper. or you could get a can of paint stripper and raw it, but thats a lot of work.

concreat rider concreat rider
2/11/2015 5:56 PM

buy a new rim and new brake pads and treat both of them with extreme cleanliness

dkTechEthan dkTechEthan
2/17/2015 7:56 AM

you just dont. spray paint kills every ounce of braking power you have... when the pads hit the rim, it skims off microscopic dust particals of the paint, which coat the brake pad, and just slide on the rim...

your going to have to remove the rim, and sand the paint off of it. once you do that- good brake pads will be enough
you can also take it down to a raw finish and then sand it with various grits until its polished. and use clear pads, then you'll be golden. once done, before reinstalling your tire and tube, use simple green degreaser to clean it fully, and make sure you dry it completely...

now depending on the brake pads, odyssey 4xslim? and Salmon color cool stops work the best from what i've heard. I like the ghost pads myself but if your really short on cash, you could try and save the pads, wipe them down, and then take some clean sand paper to them, and rough them up and let them dry, it might take some time before your pads start to really catch again but you should notice a big difference.

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

joltman900 joltman900
5/24/2015 6:37 PM

I say just buy a new rim

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP