Related:
Create New Tag
Thursday7 Thursday7
5/28/2011 10:26 AM

Hi, I'm working on my friend's mongoose (yeah, not great but it's something) and I just put new parts on, but I'm trying to run an odyssey straight cable, but his bike used to have a gyro. There is no place to put a barrel adjuster, so what do I have to do to run a straight cable? Thanks.

I love watching pom

Thursday7 Thursday7
5/28/2011 1:34 PM

raaaa I need an answer before it gets dark here -_-

I love watching pom

brianoob brianoob
5/28/2011 5:17 PM

what do you mean no place to put a barrel adjuster?

if it can run a gyro it should be able to run straight cable

Thursday7 Thursday7
5/28/2011 7:34 PM

Okay, let me simplify. It used to have a gyro, how do I turn it into a straight cable? there's no place for the cable housing to be held in place.
Here's the setup, tell me what to do (I have a cable hangar, it's just not in the picture.)
[LINK TO IMAGE]

I love watching pom

Thursday7 Thursday7
5/29/2011 11:08 AM
Photo

I love watching pom

Thursday7 Thursday7
5/29/2011 8:43 PM

sorry for the tripple post, but there must me like 5 people on this forum, cause all other forums I use get good responses within like 10 minutes.

I love watching pom

Ben_Holland Ben_Holland
11/30/2011 1:47 PM

what i would do is kind of what total bmx are doing with there brakes and drilling holes in the seat tube and you could drill it so you could put a barrel adjuster in it and it should work but i dunno or do the right thing and run brakeless until you get a new frame

sketchytravis sketchytravis
11/30/2011 11:27 PM

use twist ties really tight maybe

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

vanny vanny
12/1/2011 7:25 AM

just zip tie it to your frame and use the barrel adjuster on the leaver

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

josh barons josh barons
12/1/2011 8:42 PM

dont use breaks? but then again if he rides a mongoose hes probably not going to have much bike control...

if you hurt yourself your not trying hard enough
Big Mac Attack http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/Big-Mac-Attack,1274022

Ben_Holland Ben_Holland
12/2/2011 1:18 PM
josh barons wrote:

dont use breaks? but then ...more

haha this ^

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP