Related:
Create New Tag
Dannykobra Dannykobra
11/13/2010 2:49 PM

Hey guys, having a problem getting my gyro working here and i cant seem to find this post anywhere through the search.

my break cable is to loose and i cant get it to be the right tightness no matter how much i fool around with the dialing. I dont think the gyro is installed wrong as i have installed one on my other bike and it workers perfect but for some reason on this bike the issue is with the cable length.

I am new to this so before i do something stupid i was hoping other people could guide me in the right direction. The result i am ending up with is there is so much slack in the cable that the tabs are not able to even lock into the gyro , if i pull the breaks all the way, the tabs are still about 1/4" away from the gyro and wont grab.

On my other bike everything worked right out of the package and i didn't have to do anything to the cables etc... but this bike is a totally different story.

Is it ok to cut the cables? if i do cut them how do i get the tabs back on the cable so it can hold? or am i doing something totally wrong here and the gyro should not be doing this at all? I can post pics later tonight if no one is understanding what im saying.

Any help is appreciated, ,

Thanks

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

bmx_is_rad bmx_is_rad
11/13/2010 10:55 PM

Hey man,
I had a similar problem a while back.
I'd take it to your lbs and they'll sort it out for you usually free of charge.

Dannykobra Dannykobra
12/18/2010 7:34 AM

issue has been resolved in linked post

Thanks guys

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/HowTo,25/Gyro-cable-issues-PLEASE-HELP,1187542

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP