Related:
Create New Tag
blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
5/15/2013 2:15 PM

So i got the ezra opus rear wheel in October. I've been riding small stuff,but i did notice the rim was wobbling yesterday. I tried to true it my self but i ended up messing it up and was lucky to get back to being ride able. Today i did one g-turn and my rim was bent really bad like it would rub on the left side of the frame then the right. I took it to the shop and they said i was riding too hard and needed better wheels. They trued it but it's still a little wobbly. What should i do? The rim is double wall ans made of high grade alloy. I've had single walls that have held up better.

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

king_swag king_swag
5/15/2013 2:32 PM

uhhh..new wheel?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
5/15/2013 2:43 PM
king_swag wrote:

uhhh..new wheel?

Not really an option. And am i wrong in believing that my rim is high quality?

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

TheBrandonFranke TheBrandonFranke
5/15/2013 2:50 PM
king_swag wrote:

uhhh..new wheel?

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Not really an option. And ...more

One of the best on the market. The ezra & eastern diode are the only fusion welded seams on the market which creates a stronger weld. Also, it is 7075 (t-6?) Which is one of the best rim materials. That shop is clueless. If it was wobbling it was probably out of true & needed trued.

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

EddiMundo EddiMundo
5/15/2013 3:09 PM

you might of loosened the spokes up by accident and hit hard on it, resulting in alot more rim damage than usual....

....might just need truing though

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

Topsey Topsey
5/15/2013 3:18 PM

I don't know what thebrandonfrank is on about lol. The Vein collective. Are putting out cheap affordable parts. I have seen NUMEROUS people talking online about how they've fucked up nearly every part they've bought. Fusion Welded is just a smartly worded name, it doesn't make a slight bit of difference. As for 7075 alloy being some of the best materials for rims, well not really. It makes it lighter & as far as im concerned a super light rim is just asking for it. Alot of companies have started steering clear of basic 7 Series alloy for rims. OR they are using a different "Secret" blend like Odyssey with the 7KA rim. Do yourself a favor & get yourself a new rim, if not a new wheel. Odyssey are doing A+ wheels now which are obviously not as cheap as the Ezra wheels but you get an Aerospace Rim & Antigram Hub BOTH of which are a shit ton better than ANY Ezra product & will last you until you decide you want to change!

G-LandRider G-LandRider
5/15/2013 3:25 PM
TheBrandonFranke wrote:

One of the best on the ...more

when you try messing with a wheel without knowing what your doing you're gonna have a bad time. the diode rim is good but i would go for a 7ka or a ribcage both are solid rims

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

5/15/2013 3:28 PM
Topsey wrote:

I don't know what ...more

Eh... My ezra seat & stem had small issues but both got warrantied no questions asked. But the eastern diode i have been told was amazing by several people so i assumed the ezra having the same specs would be the same. I bent a set of 6061-t6 rims withing the months i had them but my 7075 rim is still going straight as ever. Not saying your wrong just saying not all 7075 rims are light.

Instagram

Soulrebelrastaman Soulrebelrastaman
5/15/2013 3:29 PM

All new wheels will need truing and spoke tension adjustments once or twice so the spokes can bed into the hub, sound like you've been riding with loose spokes like said above and have damaged the rim, in future expect these adjustments to be made also you should have waited a while before doing any real trix before the spokes have bed in and just rode around for a few sessions then made the nessersayry adjustments and repete ect till the spokes stop coming loose.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/15/2013 3:34 PM
Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

All new wheels will need ...more

Usaully wheels take about a month for the spokes to become like finger tight so i usaully take it easy first month then true it then ride until they come loose & repeat truing.
Actually, i retension the spokes after the first month (loosen then retighten all of them) to remove some hop that all my wheels seem to have.

Instagram

5/15/2013 3:35 PM
Topsey wrote:

I don't know what ...more

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Eh... My ezra seat & ...more

I worded that wrong but hopefully you can make sense of it.

Instagram

Chuck8273 Chuck8273
5/15/2013 4:36 PM
EddiMundo wrote:

you might of loosened the ...more

Pretty sure this is what happened. I would guess the local is telling you what they did because they would like you to order some wheels from them. Auto mechanics do the same crap, tell you something is jacked just to make the sale. Pics would help though.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/15/2013 5:36 PM
EddiMundo wrote:

you might of loosened the ...more

Chuck8273 wrote:

Pretty sure this is what ...more

Repair shops sometimes fuck other things up when theyre doing one thing so then youll be back to get that fixed

Instagram

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
5/15/2013 7:30 PM

The shop trued it but it's still not perfect. Should i just ride it and see what happens?

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

tomdon tomdon
5/15/2013 7:40 PM
blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The shop trued it but it's ...more

Find your local wheel builder. Every area has someone who is a master of lacing and truing. It's me in my area. Go 20 miles east and its my friend tony. Your area expert will sort you out and get you good in no time. But a small kick to the side won't hurt anything

I'm on the vital legit list!

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
5/15/2013 7:43 PM

I have that wheel and go hard as f*** on it and no problems really so far. i have had it for about 6-8 months. You have to true it like any other wheel. it takes some learning, but it is very necessary for most wheel builds. i have trued and tightened it maybe 3 times.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
5/15/2013 7:49 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

I have that wheel and go ...more

That's good to know. I get the idea of how to true a wheel, but whenever i try it usually doesn't work at all.

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

tomdon tomdon
5/15/2013 8:01 PM

Tape a spoke to your forks / frame for an eye guide and true one side at a time. Trust me it works great

I'm on the vital legit list!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP