Related:
Create New Tag
iismatthew iismatthew
9/29/2009 5:55 PM

Seems most company are putting out a 24" park/street style frame they seem pretty awesome. but are the 24" rims getting any better with stiffness? seems like they would flex and bend a lot. wouldn't mind having a 24" my self just cause it'd e fun on trails and street.

Twisted654 Twisted654
9/29/2009 8:06 PM

I think they are just making cruisers. I think they see a market with stuff like fixies or people that need something to commute on but also want to be able to have the feel of their bmx bike.

GorillaTactics GorillaTactics
9/29/2009 9:11 PM

plus bigger wheels are just fun sometimes. they go a lot faster and the bike feels a bit different. i have a 26" dirt jump mtb that I ride on trails a fair bit, even some street when I feel like it. I find it way harder to manual w/ huge wheels though, haha.

iismatthew iismatthew
9/30/2009 12:52 AM
GorillaTactics wrote:

plus bigger wheels are ...more

Yea man I really want to get a dj mtb.

kylea1 kylea1
9/30/2009 6:58 AM

yeah considering that mountain bikes with 26 inch rims can drop off of 30 ft drops no problem id say that 24 inch rims with never be sturdy

9/30/2009 7:51 AM
kylea1 wrote:

yeah considering that ...more

well, the mtb's doing 30 foot drops usually have around 8 inches of suspension front and rear to cushion the landing for both the rider and the bike.

smaller wheels are definitely stronger, it's just a matter of physics. however, rims are still strong enough these days to not taco if you want to ride hard on a bigger rim on a bike with no suspension (as long as you ride relatively smooth).

9/30/2009 7:53 AM
GorillaTactics wrote:

plus bigger wheels are ...more

iismatthew wrote:

Yea man I really want to ...more

check out the Atomlab Trailking or Black Market MOB. They both have shorter rear ends and feel more BMX-y than a lot of 26" DJ frames out there.

ben c ben c
9/30/2009 8:02 AM

odyssey make some 24" hazard lites

im sure there strong

ridebmxnc ridebmxnc
9/30/2009 8:12 AM

I wish I could have one of each bike sad

I just love two wheels!!

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

-eagle- -eagle-
9/30/2009 8:37 AM

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP