Related:
Create New Tag
oahz24 oahz24
3/9/2015 9:58 PM

What tricks could you guys do before you could even drive. I'm asking because I see these Instagram clips of middle schoolers doing barspins and 3's and it makes me sad and jealous and wondering if I should keep riding.

aussiebmxer aussiebmxer
3/10/2015 12:42 AM

i cant drive yet but i can 360, bar, tail tap, abubaca, no foot can, hop 360, 180 fakie, whiplash, down whiplash, hop to manual, full cab and a few more but cant think of them and nearly tailwhip

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

OneGuyIlluminatiEye OneGuyIlluminatiEye
3/10/2015 1:10 AM

lol ive never had my Ls

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

EddiMundo EddiMundo
3/10/2015 2:51 AM

If seeing someone better than you makes you doubt whether you should keep up riding is retarded and you should just give up already.

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

dave lawrence dave lawrence
3/10/2015 7:02 AM

I was cranking out trucks in highschool and close to whips. That was 11-12 years ago. I had done a handful of straight throw double bars, no footed barspins, the rare 540, and a lot of other stuff I don't do anymore.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Basement Cat Basement Cat
3/10/2015 11:49 AM

There's always going to be someone better than you at bmx so give up on comparing yourself to others. Just ride for yourself.

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
3/10/2015 12:06 PM

Well EVERYONE progresses differently.

I learned 360s within the first three months of actually riding and got them clean that fall i believe. I progressed pretty quickly looking back, basically because i got a little competitive trying to beat my friend LJ in BIKE. We would play, he'd do a few things i couldn't do, next week we would go again and i'd have learned that trick, and eventually, i started learning tricks he couldn't do, like barspins and stuff.

I feed off the people i ride with like a sponge. I'm willing to say that if i rode with Garrett Reynolds, i'd have a better step toward doing tailwhips, that trick is one of those things i can't figure out just yet, but i'm closer everytime i ride, so it may be summer when i finally land them.

Another thing is what people ride. Sadly, i ride mostly street, which blows, but it always helps because i'm really good at muscling out tricks and doing technical things and grinding, but my bowl skills aren't what i wish they were. Skateparks are my favorite places to go, because all my tricks that i do regularly are dialed, so playing BIKE is fun when people ride really different from me.

Another thing for most is the WEATHER. Since probably November i have had to take it easy because it starts to hurt when you ride in the cold, so i can't do barspins and things like that really at all. But the other day when i was riding, all it took was a nice hop to do a barspin and i was back on it. The cold makes me way worse at riding. If someone lives where it is always warm or near a park they can always ride, they have a little bit better circumstances to progress.

Overall, it's all about what you TRY. You'd be surprised how good you'll get just by trying shit. I watch a lot of How to's too and freaking STUDY other rider's videos. I figure out how they position themselves and what they do to make me ride well. Creativity all starts somewhere, no such thing as a "new" idea is what some people say. I don't like to think like that though, but i get really good ideas watching certain riders.

Keep trying, RIDE everyday too. It will always help. Even if it's just cruising down the street with friends or solo sessioning a grind ledge. Try to ride something. Even a shitty 25X35 square foot area that's nothing but bumpy and hard to ride is good. You can learn anywhere, that's why BMX is great. In that shitty small area you can learn more than a skater, scooterer, anyone really.

Good luck! Stay positive.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

oahz24 oahz24
3/10/2015 5:43 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

Well EVERYONE progresses ...more

do you think going to the skatepark more would help? because i've only been there once in over a year.

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
3/10/2015 6:51 PM
oahz24 wrote:

do you think going to the ...more

When i go to parks i constantly ride and try new things until I'm completely beat to shit and cant ride anymore haha. I learn more at a skatepark than most do in a week of street. Just because there are better situations to learn things safely there. Like flyouts and hips and nice ledges. Plus the more you ride with others, the better! I see people do shit at skateparks and all it really takes is me to clear my head and try it to start doing it. Depending on the tricks.

Backflips are a no for me. Plus i don't have much interest in doing that.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
3/10/2015 8:43 PM

I can't drive...

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

dave lawrence dave lawrence
3/12/2015 2:37 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

When i go to parks i ...more

I've done flips into foam, and they are weird, and super fun.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP