Related:
Create New Tag
Isaac_schorah_ Isaac_schorah_
5/10/2013 1:47 PM

okay so recently my united forks have bent and had to go back to some old mongoose one i found in my fiends shed.

black = united silver = mongoose

as you can see they both have that ring on the bottom but only on the united forks does the head set fit snug.
when i put the forks back on my frame no matter how tight i put them they still have wobble
both top and bottom headset thing are the same so it didn't matter which on went on the bottom or top on the united forks.

just need some advice on what to do
Photo

Photo

Topsey Topsey
5/10/2013 3:02 PM

Looks like you have the correct headset pieces on your forks the only thing i can think of is the steerer tube is slightly longer & you dont have enough spacers under your stem. Throw another spacer underneath tighten it up the compression bolt & see what happens!

funfrontbrake funfrontbrake
5/10/2013 4:30 PM

it look like your united forks dont have the bearing race at the bottom.... new forks now have it integrated

funfrontbrake funfrontbrake
5/10/2013 4:31 PM

I had the same problems with my og fit blade. Can you take it off the mongoose?

5/11/2013 3:09 AM
funfrontbrake wrote:

I had the same problems ...more

nope

5/11/2013 3:09 AM
Topsey wrote:

Looks like you have the ...more

i have a good cm between the top of my forks to the stem

5/11/2013 3:11 AM
funfrontbrake wrote:

it look like your united ...more

it is of a 2013 bike and the headset fits tight on the bottom with no movement but on the mongoose it wobbles and seems the headset is to small for the race

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP