Related:
Create New Tag
James_Letten17 James_Letten17
6/9/2014 4:47 PM

So my stock dk stem was pinched as far as it can go because I guess it just got over stressed after having it for about a year. Got it in summer of 2013 on a complete bike around june, maybe between the 20th and 30th and it is June 9th now. Anyway. I did a mod which I could imagine is decently common. Look below

Photo

The side with less material is where I cut. The bolts cross each other (bolt head on one side, bolt head on the other) I know that you are supposed to evenly tighten the bolts. And I did the cut to obviously relieve the stretching. Allowing optimum performance when tightening and I noticed the stem slides over my forks easier too.

I noticed that some of the threading had stripped in a few holes. Not all the way through, at the start of the few holes. So I guess I will just flood the bolt areas with grease.

The bars I am ordering by today or tomorrow are the Verde Regent Bars in 9.25" Rise. I would like to say this... I DOUBT I will mess these bars up. The fiction troop bars I had lasted me 8 months till the knurling was becoming unusable. Verde makes decent quality parts so I am sure they will last just as long if not longer. I am getting 9.25" rise because when I measured my current bar height with the spacers and stem rise. It was right over 9.75 or so. This means I will be able to just drop my stem a bit. And maybe throw a small spacer on the top and call it good.

Also I was thinking about this. Since I tend to ride more "value" type parts that cost less than others. I thought I would do a youtube channel with part reviews on the "value" type parts on the market. I feel like this could appeal to riders without a decent flow of money or who would not tend to really have a large budget. Any thoughts on that. This might be able to appeal to starting riders who dont really want to drop too much cash on certain parts. Again. Any thoughts?

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

sketchytravis sketchytravis
6/9/2014 9:18 PM

I never really trust myself with modding thing lol

I mean lil things I might ghetto rig, but that's about it

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
6/9/2014 9:28 PM

Yeah.. There's really no way to get out of pinched stems. Occasionally after a long period of riding, the stem will somewhat "stretch"/break in more (especially first time being pinched), and then it should be better. For pinched stems, I find loosening the bolts both evenly to the point where they start feeling firm helps open the stem more. If all fails, the quarter method should then take place.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

tomdon tomdon
6/9/2014 10:18 PM

Verde regents? I mangled a set of those the first week i had them. Very poor quality if you ask me. But you get what you pay for

I'm on the vital legit list!

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
6/9/2014 10:51 PM

Wouldn't really feel great riding those bars but if they're full chromo go for it. I mean my Guerra Toro bars are 30$ and they are sick as fuck so who knows.

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Trev Trev
6/10/2014 5:35 AM

Had this problem which led to the stem not being able to fit on new forks, all i did was put a chisel in the middle to stretch it and it slid on perfect.

(That's if you're talking about this problem)

Photo

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
6/10/2014 11:51 AM

^ Yeah, that's what pinched means. It's basically from over-tightening. But hey, sometimes it can't be escaped cause the clamping sucks ass or the bolts are the wrong size or whatever causing improper clamping.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP