Related:
Create New Tag
FITBMX77 FITBMX77
7/26/2013 3:16 PM

i just got done installing a bunch of new parts on my bike. I put the chain on and tightened it, i took the bike for a test ride and it felt like there was to much tension. My brother said its not suppose to be that tight but every video i watch has it just like that

Dream - Trans red BTM 8============================================>

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
7/26/2013 3:23 PM

depends most people have their chain tight as fuck but I think that wears out the driver a lot faster so I usually set my chain to where you can still wobble it a little o me it feels better like that.

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

Fad3r Fad3r
7/26/2013 3:46 PM

I hate running a super tight chain, everything feels smoother to me when it has a little bit of slack. I have it just tight enough to not slap my chain stay.

chad88 chad88
7/26/2013 4:14 PM

i like just a little under tight as fuck , if it has really strong tension grease the chain

FITBMX77 FITBMX77
7/26/2013 4:14 PM

Ya im gonna losen it when i get home

Dream - Trans red BTM 8============================================>

Jèff_Béckförd Jèff_Béckförd
7/26/2013 10:31 PM

it should have like around a quarter inch of free movement up and down.. helps to keep it from crushing the hub and minimizes chain stretching.

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
7/26/2013 10:43 PM
Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

it should have like around ...more

This is the exact thing i was gonna say haha. Just right. Im a pro at tightening chains at this point. haha I ran a 510HX as tight as i could once and it was okay. I dont like it to be like that. I am VERY anal about my ride haha. I have to have it just right all the time. And it really is getting there. and once i get my rear wheel all built up, i will have it perfect. Except for the front wheel, i will get a new one to match that too. haha I literally have a perfectly dialed ride because i always keep everything the proper tension and just fix it if any noises i dont like are happening haha

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
7/26/2013 10:55 PM

I love running a tightass chain as long as I don't feel like it's putting too much stress on the bearings, even though it is still tight as hell. Sometimes, I won't tighten my chain for as long as half a year at max and my wheel will have moved the slightest bit from riding obviously and loosen the chain just a bit. Or it stretched. Now I'm mad. .___.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
7/26/2013 10:59 PM

loose but not enough to hit the cs.

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

SickDude SickDude
7/26/2013 11:01 PM
isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I love running a tightass ...more

Same. It should be tighter than a butthole

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
7/26/2013 11:02 PM
feeble_to_face wrote:

loose but not enough to ...more

This, but sometimes, it will still hit somehow so that's why I just run mine super tight as long as it doesn't have this crushed bearing feel sometimes.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy OneEyeIlluminatiGuy
7/27/2013 1:55 PM
Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

it should have like around ...more

This

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

-Havok- -Havok-
7/27/2013 8:46 PM

You're gonna crush your driver bearings by running it that tight. Trust me. Lol. Not to mention causing premature chain stretching or possibly break links.

DeviantBMX123 DeviantBMX123
7/27/2013 10:42 PM

mine works out perfect to where no matter how much i try to tighten it unless i put something in the tire to hold the wheel back it will tighten to just a tiny bit under all the way tightened.. just before it smacks the cs...

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

G-LandRider G-LandRider
7/27/2013 11:51 PM

Something is warped so I can't tighten my chain anymore without it putting too much stress on the chain and hub sad

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

MattSheffield MattSheffield
7/28/2013 5:07 AM

I run my rear wheel slammed and chain super tight.. Hasn't stretched in the 6/7 months I've been riding but I do see some wear on my sprocketsad

Filip_Korkuc Filip_Korkuc
9/10/2018 6:31 PM

i have a cassate and my chain is a little loose i think its better than way but it has a little bit of a free movement on the pedals before it starts pushing, so i dont know what actually better

eskimojay eskimojay
9/10/2018 6:36 PM
Filip_Korkuc wrote:

i have a cassate and my ...more

Cool story bro , now order a loose chain gang t shirt and get Chad Krutza some money

HondaCRFRacer HondaCRFRacer
9/10/2018 6:36 PM
Filip_Korkuc wrote:

i have a cassate and my ...more

A bit late to the part there mate

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP