Practice lifting my front wheel for 15 minutes
Practice lifting my back wheel for 15 minutes
Practice bunny hopping for 10 minutes

.pegless. .pegless.
8/4/2019 9:12 AM

Just ride your bike

Vaughn B Vaughn B
8/4/2019 9:26 AM

Yeah just ride around and have fun it's not like weight training. Just ride and hop up curbs and ledges, jump small stair sets, and get comfortable on your bike progression with come naturally.

readybmxer readybmxer
8/4/2019 10:38 AM

The best thing about BMX is that schedules like these don’t need to exist.

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

Krooked Krooked
8/4/2019 11:22 AM

kiss my hot girlfriend 10 min
Insanely hot 4play 15 minutes
Bone crushing sex 30 seconds
Go on vital 3 hours
Practice bronco hops 2 minutes

my schedule hope it helps

13 years old

slammahjammah slammahjammah
8/4/2019 10:09 PM

Dude. Never call it "training". I remember back in like '06 when I would go ride flow in Ohio once in a while the kids there mostly called it the same thing. It just made me laugh back then. Fast forward to now, people don't just ride to have fun anymore. It seems most riders just want attention, followers, sponsors, etc. Bmx has lost its spark. I'm sorry to sound like that grumpy bitter midschool guy but seriously man... That sounds wacky.. just go ride, ride wheelies in a parking lot, work on manuals after that... Idk build a little ramp and launch off of it.. that's how I started. Wait.. what am I saying? there's skateparks EVERYWHERE now (another rant I could go on about). But yeah. I don't mean disrespect to anybody. I just want to see people have fun, not train and work out so they can show off at a stadium doing quad flips, near killing yourself for whatever non BMX companies are sponsoring you. Peace.

dave lawrence dave lawrence
8/5/2019 4:13 AM
slammahjammah wrote:

Dude. Never call it ...more

He's right.

Ride your bike for an hour and do whatever sounds fun. Unless putting a specific schedule on it is the only way you can do it (maybe OCD or something else?) just hop on your bike and have fun.

Don't worry about practicing hopping for X minutes-what happens if you are doing really well and want to keep going?

I would bet that 98% of the professional level riders never had schedules like this when they were starting. They would just ride.

As pros they might have more of a schedule-but a lot of it is "ride for X hours this day, rest this day" etc and not so detailed.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
8/5/2019 4:43 AM

Here's the bitter truth. No matter how long you "train", chances are, you are NOT going to get sponsored. you are NOT going to gain a million followers on instagram, you are NOT going to get rich and famous. With that in mind, if you still want to ride, ride. It should be fun. If you have friends that ride, ride with them & try to pull tricks you can't pull, even if that means just trying to bunnyhop.

Fatalize Fatalize
8/5/2019 7:05 AM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

Here's the bitter truth. ...more

Not to mention that in BMX, even if you’re insanely good and sponsored, you’re probably not going to get super rich. It’s not a viable career option, just a cool opportunity for people that already put their life into the sport.

Komedy Komedy
8/5/2019 7:26 AM
bowenbrews wrote:

Ride for 10 minutes ...more

lol this the funniest post ive ever seen

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
8/6/2019 7:26 AM

You need to fit in at least 12mins for flips/flair training. Tailwhip training is vital too, but maybe only 9 minutes of that. I also highly recommend some light practice on a 16' vert ramp.

But mostly, make sure to NEVER ride your bike for longer than 100 minutes during training. Save your energy for the show.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

slammahjammah slammahjammah
8/6/2019 4:31 PM

Also, you need WAY MORE time sitting down! That's usually a secret almost "top pros" but somehow you knew so i figured I'd at least tell you the proper way. Dude... I'm sorry. I feel like a dick for this but every time I see this I laugh. You'll get it, buddy! As we all said.. just go have fun! The real tip is to not be afraid! That's what has honestly always held me back from getting as good as I wanted. The less afraid, the more relaxed you are and the easier stuff starts happening

T@wn T@wn
8/9/2019 3:31 AM

Ride it,live it!

JoeyJoeJoe JoeyJoeJoe
8/9/2019 5:04 AM
bowenbrews wrote:

Ride for 10 minutes ...more

Dude, I get it. My brain works the same way. I had similar schedules when I was first starting out.
Example: Working on bunny hops
10x Pull up the front end and 'loop out'
10x Pull up front end as high as I could and not loop out
20x Pull up back end only
10x Pull up front and suck up the back
10x Complete hops

Another example, sorta like circuit training:
(My house is two houses down from an apartment building with a nice brick wall to do nose presses/fakies on)

20 min AMRAP
Ride down my driveway to sidewalk
Bunny Hop while riding towards the wall
Nose press to fakie on wall (try to roll out)
Manual back towards my house
Ride up my driveway and try to 180

This worked for me for a while. Now I think of a single trick I want to work on and focus on that. Then when it's not working or I need to just stop drilling it, I'll go and just ride around. Jump up curbs, off curbs, nose press onto walls, tire ride curbs, hop...just fuck around for a bit. Then I'll go back to drilling whatever trick I'm drilling that day. I always end my sessions with a trick I can land. Lately I've been diggin the POGO.

To reiterate what others have said. Just riding your bike is going to help you out more than you think it would. It may seem stupid to just be out riding and not 'doing' anything. But your body is learning how to shift weight and make the minor adjustments to balance and control. The only way you get that control and balance is by simply riding.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

Dad_Im_Pregnant Dad_Im_Pregnant
8/9/2019 6:35 AM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

I just hit that point in my life where I've come to terms with the fact that I'll probably be pretty average at anything I do. It's a hard pill to swallow. lol

Come back with a warrant.

meatXloaf meatXloaf
8/9/2019 8:08 AM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

I just hit that point in ...more

Haha I hear that! I have a theory that every single one of us is really good at something, it’s just that very few of us actually stumble across the thing it happens to be! I could be the Garret Reynolds of rollerblading, or future 10x world chess champion, but I’m never gonna start rollerblading or playing chess so I’ll never know!

Da Biker Boy Da Biker Boy
8/9/2019 12:43 PM

I dont think it's wrong to use a riding session to focus on one particular skill/trick. Repetition is how you get better after all. Your training schedule is kinda goofy though. Do you really need to practice riding sitting down? Probably not.

Find a skill you wanna learn and focus on that until you've got it no problem. Think long term. Set goals for yourself, like this:

Practice bunny hopping to where you can hop on/over a curb comfortably
Practice manuals to where you can manual 2 parking spaces
Bunny hop to where you can hop 18"
Manual until you can manual 3 parking spaces
Practice fakies until you can get out of them consistently
Learn 180s

And so on

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP