Related:
Create New Tag
SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 11:49 AM

Alright, so on my last little ride, I noticed my hub (khe astern coaster) has a pretty decent amount of side play... The hub and everything is tight. What could it be? I dont think the bearings are bad because they still seem pretty smooth... Could it be that the places where the hubshell bearings sit? Im not sure whats going on :/ please help!

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

future FBM future FBM
5/13/2013 11:54 AM

Email empire. Plzdntfailmeagn did it.

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

tomdon tomdon
5/13/2013 12:03 PM

The whole hub or just the driver? Which has sideways play?

I'm on the vital legit list!

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 1:29 PM
tomdon wrote:

The whole hub or just the ...more

The whole hub.... I took it apart last week to check/regrease everything. It eas all good, I put it all back just the way it came apart, it was perfect, no issues and today it was all wobbly and shit.

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

tomdon tomdon
5/13/2013 1:36 PM

So it went together and rode fine? Then all of a sudden it has wobble? This is the first I've heard of that. I'm actually stumped for once

I'm on the vital legit list!

wnb85 wnb85
5/13/2013 1:55 PM

I'm pretty sure one of ur bearings is shot. Most likely the drive side. I'm dealing with the exact same thing on my rush coaster that I rebuilt but used the old bearings since they still spun ok. After I noticed the wobble when I put it on I took it apart again and opened the seals on the bearings to find that the big one was completely rusted. Small one was ok but I repacked them and put the wheel back on. No more wobble until I got on the bike and rolled around on it. The fresh grease leaked right out of the drive side bearing. So I ordered both bearings and will have them Friday. Hopefully I have no issues then and hopefully this will work for u too

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 2:23 PM
tomdon wrote:

So it went together and ...more

Yep. Exactly.

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 2:41 PM

I just tore it all apart, all the bearings are near perfect. Nothing blown at all. im lost, if it was coming from the driver, hiw would I fix it?

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

KilledGlamour KilledGlamour
5/13/2013 3:39 PM

Are you running any slack washers?

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 3:53 PM
KilledGlamour wrote:

Are you running any slack ...more

No. its externally adjustable

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

Gump Gump
5/13/2013 4:38 PM

Ok I'm not familiar with coasters but have you done the come nuts up tight enough?

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy OneEyeIlluminatiGuy
5/13/2013 5:03 PM

did you use WD40 in it?

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 5:03 PM
Gump wrote:

Ok I'm not familiar with ...more

I assume you mean jam nuts, because cone nuts are for unsealed hubs, and the driveside is the only one I use, and yes its tight. And I replaced the other with a hubguard.

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 5:05 PM
OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

did you use WD40 in it?

Unlike you, im not an idiot. No. I did not. Only high quality aviation grease.

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

oscar5788 oscar5788
5/13/2013 5:09 PM
SnM An1mal wrote:

I assume you mean jam ...more

that might be your problem try putting the locknut back on the nondrive side see if the problem goes away

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

andyferly andyferly
5/13/2013 5:12 PM
OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

did you use WD40 in it?

I did it to my coaster to see if it would get louder.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 5:16 PM
Gump wrote:

Ok I'm not familiar with ...more

SnM An1mal wrote:

I assume you mean jam ...more

oscar5788 wrote:

that might be your problem ...more

Never had one... It was fine until very recently

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

oscar5788 oscar5788
5/13/2013 5:31 PM
SnM An1mal wrote:

Never had one... It was ...more

I googled it and looked around and other people said its the locknuts if it worked good before im not sure what to tell you

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

wnb85 wnb85
5/13/2013 5:41 PM

I know for a fact its not the lock nuts since I'm dealing with the same thing and tightening them as far as they can go does nothing. If u have taken the bearings out and thoroughly inspected them and they are tight, then the only thing I can think of is let a shop look at it

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 5:48 PM
wnb85 wrote:

I know for a fact its not ...more

Yeah, im starting to wonder if its not the shell or something. And no shops here even know what a free coaster is lol

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/13/2013 6:03 PM

I just messaged the owner of an lbs in council bluffs, and he said his greyhound did the same thing and he has no idea why

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/14/2013 6:13 AM

well, nobody has any idea why its giving me issues, so im just going to put it together and hope that fixes it...

------>should i get an ezra coaster? i can get one new for like $145ish. should i save up for it, or just try repairing my astern?

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

FreddyDapice FreddyDapice
5/14/2013 6:17 AM
SnM An1mal wrote:

well, nobody has any idea ...more

Ezra, i've seen it in action on multiple bikes and its great.

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/14/2013 6:20 AM
SnM An1mal wrote:

well, nobody has any idea ...more

FreddyDapice wrote:

Ezra, i've seen it in ...more

its so much money though :/ i could probably afford it here soon, but then i wont be able to finish my build sad

i think ima just run my astern til it dies

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

SnM An1mal SnM An1mal
5/14/2013 8:13 AM

Could it possibly be my clutch?

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP