Related:
Create New Tag
tannerbaker tannerbaker
9/2/2013 9:49 AM

hey so i just got some extra cash and wanted to spend it on some brakes. i can either get an oddy mono lever and evo 2 with animal linear cable or an oddy g3 gyro system and an evo 2. i cant tail whip or bar spin, or anything that involves my bike spinning for a cable to get twisted. so which should i get?

BIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKES

K_A_N_E_ K_A_N_E_
9/2/2013 9:55 AM

I'd still get a gyro

I'm gonna need bigger bars

tannerbaker tannerbaker
9/2/2013 10:01 AM
K_A_N_E_ wrote:

I'd still get a gyro

but is the fact its unsealed make it not as smooth?

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
9/2/2013 10:12 AM

I'd go with Linear but get an Odyssey cable. Later on you can upgrade to gyro. Those Y-cables that come with the g3 and the unsealed detangler always gave me problems. If I were you I'd do this-
Odyssey M2 Lever (it comes with dual gyro cables but will work with a straight cable) keep the cables for when you upgrade, you'll already have em.

Odyssey Linear Slic cable

Odyssey Evo II

Koolstop Supra 2 Clear IF you can find some
If not, get clear Odysseys.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

BMX_Forever BMX_Forever
9/2/2013 10:27 AM

Get a Straight Cable, I rode a Gyro for ages and can't do Whips or Bars, then I got a straight cable and feels so much better, and is easier to maintain. Plus mine can spin round 3 times either way.

fitbikerider14 fitbikerider14
9/2/2013 10:29 AM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'd go with Linear but get ...more

If I was you I'd do what he said with the m2 lever, run an odyssey race cable and make sure you cut it a little long so you could still practice barspins and tailwhips if you want and then later on you can upgrade to a gyro just don't get the G3. Get a Snafu or any gyro really but the cable is what makes the differnce I would run dual odyssey cables on the bottom and the m2 cable if it fits your bars. Oh and I would say either Koolstops or Odysseys for brake pads.

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

iVerderider iVerderider
9/2/2013 10:59 AM

Straight gyro's to me are corny..

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

eskimojay eskimojay
9/2/2013 11:02 AM

Gyro with dual cable.....your cables will last longer having stress on 2 cables then just one straight cable

Basement Cat Basement Cat
9/2/2013 11:09 AM

Gyro all the way. The unsealed detanglers spin smoothly. The sealed ones are a little nicer, but not necessary. The big difference between sealed and unsealed is that the sealed detanglers are probably slightly lighter. since they are thinner and made of aluminum Other than that, both work just as well.

I currently run a mobeus detangler but I have also used unsealed detanglers. I like the mobeus better because it's lighter, but honestly there really wasn't a difference in the smoothness between the two types.

I like gyros better than striaght cables because when you start to learn barspins and whips it is less annoying since you don't have to spin the bars back. I had a straight cable for awhile and that got really annoying so I moved onto a gyro and haven't looked back since.

lilchrissyy lilchrissyy
9/2/2013 1:19 PM

better to spend the extra cash now and get a good gyro set up

tannerbaker tannerbaker
9/2/2013 4:40 PM
lilchrissyy wrote:

better to spend the extra ...more

dont have the cash and probobly wont have it for a while.

jj0996 jj0996
9/2/2013 6:27 PM

if i were you just get a strait cable. if your not doing a quadruple triple bars you dont need a gyro lol

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP