Related:
Create New Tag
Joe_Martinez Joe_Martinez
1/14/2014 8:38 AM

anyone else here going to 48 spoked wheels once the bonedeth hubs and wheels drop? i know im going to get me a set im sick of truing my 36 spoke wheels so much!

brakeless maniac

bjoernkrg bjoernkrg
1/14/2014 9:03 AM

i can't wait for them, i already have a Khe Reverse with 48h in the back and i want to have 48h in the front too! Even i never trued my wheel so often, but i just feel more comfortable with the added strengh smile

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

dave lawrence dave lawrence
1/14/2014 9:14 AM

How often is "So much"?

You should also concentrate on landing smoother/straighter (assuming that is an issue).

More spokes doesn't always mean less truing, and this is coming from a Service Manager from one of the biggest bike shop chains in the country. I saw a lot of 48s that were worse than 36s.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/14/2014 9:55 AM

i used to ride 48s back earky 2000 late 90s never had isuues with my wheels really coming outta true. Then they made everything lighter and less spokes and it was like everytime id ride my wheels would come outta true and spokes loosen up on every set i have. I have 5 complete newschool bikes i dont even ride hard anymore since im older. But i guess you kinda have to break wheels in and they do loosen up a few times when newer. I just feel way more comfortable with 48s what i started on

brakeless maniac

1/14/2014 9:57 AM

plus im 235 lbs lol pretty beefy bike rider!

brakeless maniac

T-rider T-rider
1/14/2014 10:09 AM

I wont,i dont need that now. But the promo was sick wink

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

dave lawrence dave lawrence
1/14/2014 12:20 PM

I too rode 48s for years, and weight wise I have you beat at 245, and mine come out of true maybe once a month (and I would check them as part of my maintenance).

Go for the 48s, but they will need truing probably a similar amount, at least until the spokes bed in.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/14/2014 12:22 PM
dave lawrence wrote:

I too rode 48s for years, ...more

nice to hear from another beefy rider!

brakeless maniac

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
1/14/2014 12:42 PM

I was thinking about it but I decided on a 36 spoke Simian/Ratchet/Ribcage set. I don't really think 48 spokes are needed anymore, especially with Ribcages, but I only weigh 145 so...

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

Underground Underground
1/14/2014 1:18 PM

I'll be looking to upgrade my stock rims soon enough, and the bonedeths are calling me too.

BMXism BMXism
1/14/2014 1:28 PM

I can get pretty rough on my rear sometimes so I prefer 48 for at least the back. I'm on a 48h Ribcage atm though.. stiff as shit. If you're a bigger rider and find you need the strength of 48s, why not?

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

eskimojay eskimojay
1/14/2014 2:05 PM

I don't believe you

tainted1581 tainted1581
1/14/2014 2:20 PM

90 lbs represent my n words!

bicycle more like bikecycle

SUNDAYBMX187 SUNDAYBMX187
1/14/2014 8:50 PM

250 lb beat both of you lol and im running two 48 hazard lites

Fuck BMX

Collin_McClenahan Collin_McClenahan
1/14/2014 8:59 PM
Joe_Martinez wrote:

plus im 235 lbs lol pretty ...more

250 and I only need to true wheels ever 4-6 months on 36h

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
1/14/2014 9:03 PM

I want to learn how to true 36 wheels so I don't need to buy 48 just so my wheel doesn't wobble.

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Gump Gump
1/14/2014 9:48 PM

If I had a 48 spoke marmo/homer/monkey I'd run that in the front to match the rear 48 ratchet

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP