Related:
Create New Tag
bmullicahill bmullicahill
7/6/2009 7:25 PM

Yesterday I want riding dirt trails in manasquan, no noise, nothing everything was fine from start to finish. Tonight, rode down the beach @ point pleasant and as soon as i started riding I was hearing 1 clank every 360 degrees i would pedal. wasn't skipping or anything, or happening during coasts. PHUCK! just anoying more than anything. it happens in the same spot every time unless i back pedal, then the position changes. WTF?!?! first time this happened. I adjusted my chain tensioners and changed my wheel position twice, its still doing it, think it may be sand between my cranks & BB. anyone hve any ideas???

rcracer951 rcracer951
7/6/2009 7:32 PM

cranks/sprocket loose maybe id have to see it

FREEFLOW
"Nigga imma fuck yo dog up !"-chase

yaya2893 yaya2893
7/6/2009 7:32 PM

ur hobs probally loose and its realy easy to fix

I ride street. tongue

get amaon gift cards or money sent to your paypal for free! http://www.rebelbucks.com/?ref=yaya2893-0

FitBike904 FitBike904
7/6/2009 7:33 PM

tighten your sprocket to your crank, and if that doesnt work the hole the bolt goes in on the sprocket is probly fucked. happened to me with an eastern medusa sprocket

I RiDe BiKeS I RiDe BiKeS
7/6/2009 7:36 PM

if you have brakes it could be hitting extra cable

massholes 4 lyfe!
bstick
legendsx23

dave lawrence dave lawrence
7/6/2009 7:37 PM

Make sure your crank isn't hitting your frame, make sure all bolts are tight, make sure nothing is sticking out (Brake cables etc) where the crank would hit them, make sure your BB is snug, make sure pedals are snug.

Figure out what point in the rotation it clanks, maybe flip your bike over and slowly pedal it by hand and WATCH carefully for where it clanks.

It could be many different things, the best thing is to eliminate what it isn't in this situation.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

yaya2893 yaya2893
7/6/2009 7:37 PM

im tellin u its the hubs that are lose i hav that problem all the time

I ride street. tongue

get amaon gift cards or money sent to your paypal for free! http://www.rebelbucks.com/?ref=yaya2893-0

yaya2893 yaya2893
7/6/2009 7:38 PM

post a pic

I ride street. tongue

Gtrav Gtrav
7/6/2009 7:39 PM

2 things loose cranks or u might have bent your chain wheel

Boobs n bush .....were like 35 seconds in , you never get opening credit bush

I RiDe BiKeS I RiDe BiKeS
7/6/2009 7:42 PM

also check the space where the bolt from the crank arm goes into the chainwheel it may be broken happen to me

massholes 4 lyfe!
bstick
legendsx23

insane shane insane shane
7/6/2009 7:43 PM

ur fuckin crank is loose. that same shit used to happen to me..... if u werent a fuckin mongaloid u would kno that

mongaloid means retard btw

fuck it

BMXgunnar08 BMXgunnar08
7/6/2009 8:28 PM

dude, your front hub is just loose, I have the same problem except mine wont stay tightened. just get two monkey wrenches that can fit your front hub like the things on the axle next to the spokes on the outside. so get two wrenches of the same side and at the same time tighten the hub with both

Don't listen to me, I'm not on the list either!

Here's my blog: http://wcbmxscene.blogspot.com/

7/6/2009 9:17 PM

I doubt it is his wheels. As he stated, it happens ONLY WHEN HE PEDALS.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2009 11:51 PM

thanks, imma try all that shyt in the morn.

BMXgunnar08 BMXgunnar08
7/7/2009 1:52 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

I doubt it is his wheels. ...more

yes dude, i know mine only happens WHEN I PEDAL ALSO! fool, everytime my cranks go a full 360 degress mine also clanks dude, it sometimes clanks an extra time, like at 140

Don't listen to me, I'm not on the list either!

Here's my blog: http://wcbmxscene.blogspot.com/

7/7/2009 6:22 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

I doubt it is his wheels. ...more

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

yes dude, i know mine only ...more

How am I the fool? If your hubs are loose, you would notice ALL THE TIME, especially while turning. And not just pedaling. Plus if it is your hubs, and you "know this for a fact" why do you talk like you haven't fixed it? Not to mention sealed cartridge bearing hubs tend to not rattle if the bearings are pressed in properly. So if he is running sealed bearings, which he is on his Eclat hubs, that shouldn't be happening.

His happens when he is pedaling, BUT NOT COASTING. That right there tells me it is something along his DRIVETRAIN. Chances are it is his BB, cranks, or pedals. Without seeing it in person I cannot say which it is specifically, but those are what it most likely is.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Gtrav Gtrav
7/7/2009 8:21 AM

Yeah Dave is correct if your hub is fucked then your gonna hear it all the time when you pedal or dont pedal. When cranks or chainwheel is the issue is when you notice it at the same spot when you pedal. Damn guys it doesnt hurt to be wrong sometimes .....

yaya2893 yaya2893
7/7/2009 9:05 AM

ya he is right then ya it should be ur crank but isnt that more of a squeaking noise?and all you gotta do is tighten the bolt at the top of ur crank

I ride street. tongue

7/7/2009 6:36 PM

Update!

its not the hub, they're good to go, so I eliminated that. I think its the cranks...maybe loose i guess. I wont be able to find out until I get new allen wrenches. I have like 6 allen sets with the same two wrenches missing from every set. un-phucking-sat! Thanks for the help. PHUCK!!!

Gtrav Gtrav
7/7/2009 6:47 PM
bmullicahill wrote:

Update!

its not the hub, ...more

Hey try and pull wheel back so the chain super super tight dont ride on it though lol . Then while it is upside down pedel backwards so that the wheel doesnt spin if u feel tight spots it might be your chain wheel is bent thats always how i check mine and you dont need any tools but a ratchet and socketttttttttttttttttttt (extension if u have pegs)

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP