Related:
Create New Tag
kisame2660 kisame2660
9/28/2013 5:09 AM

hello
i havent been riding for about one month
so 3 days ago i started riding again
the first day i was doing some easy thing like one hander, one footer etc. even no hander,(releasing the bars juuust a little bit, but with both hands ;d)
next day i went to the park and when i tried to bunny hop out of a ramp i just fell backwards!(i pulled the front too much or smth )
the first day i did this 100 times and i did it very well without falling
the third day(yesterday) same thing happened
i just got really really angry
is this because my bars are too high (they're Sunday Tall-T with 8.5 rise) and i ride a top load by the way
or are they too wide?
or is it because theyre too forward? i pushed them forward to have more space
and often when i do a normal bunny hop(flat)i also fall backwards or i do it extremely low(2 times lower than i hoped before that 1 month) .
Im extremly angry and i just cant figure out why is this happening
ill be glad if you help me

K_A_N_E_ K_A_N_E_
9/28/2013 5:20 AM

how tall are you?

I'm gonna need bigger bars

Chuck8273 Chuck8273
9/28/2013 5:45 AM

When it comes to hops, it's 99.99999% technique man. I know there are quite a few vids on YouTube, and I'm sure you will find some on here if you use the search bar. It sounds like you're yanking yourself over backwards instead of pulling the rear of your bike up with your legs/ pushing forward on your bars. Also, your bars should be around the same angle as your forks (if you like bar spins) but no farther forward than vertical.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

kisame2660 kisame2660
9/28/2013 12:04 PM
Chuck8273 wrote:

When it comes to hops, ...more

well before that 1 month that i havent been riding i was able to hop over my friend's rear wheel
now i hop half his wheel (and i try really hard to hop as high as i can)
and my bars are almost vertical by

K_A_N_E_ im 177 cm tall

btw my frame is 20.5 if that matters

fitbikerider14 fitbikerider14
9/28/2013 12:58 PM
Chuck8273 wrote:

When it comes to hops, ...more

This, you have about the same size set up as me and I'm about the same height but like Chuck said I wouldn't put your bars more than vertical, I have mine right about vertical and I feel like I need taller bars.

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP