Related:
Create New Tag
NervousXtian NervousXtian
1/10/2014 5:27 PM

Yeah, I know.. 1st post.. it's a what to buy thread.

Got my 8yr old a Haro 18" to ride after getting him a Premium Solo that had some custom parts that was too big. Had fun riding the Premium, but it's his bike.

So, after like 20yrs.. want to get back on a bike. Not building from the ground up, so want a solid complete to mess with.

Which of these?

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102383/2014_We_The_People_Crysis_Bike.html

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102386/2014_We_The_People_Trust_Bike.html

http://www.albes.com/cult-leader-2014-bike.aspx

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102303/2014_Subrosa_Novus_Bike.html

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102372/2014_Stolen_Sinner_XLT_Bike.html

The Cult seems like a good deal for full CroMo for less than $500.. but no one local carries it... Any tips?

Zhuxiong Zhuxiong
1/10/2014 5:38 PM

I couldn't be bothered to read through the block of specs on that website. It hurt. But WTP make some pretty solid 'stock' trick bikes. I'd go for one of those personally.

1/10/2014 5:44 PM

Pretty much all 20.75 - 21" TT, Full CroMo, and 3pc Cranks. All less than $700.

CptnNick CptnNick
1/10/2014 6:37 PM

i would definitely look into buying a fit bike. those are probably the most reliable bikes if you're not looking into replacing a lot of parts for a long time. pick a fit bike you like and you will be happy with that

T-rider T-rider
1/11/2014 1:32 AM
CptnNick wrote:

i would definitely look ...more

What he said, the fit sig bikes are really good and have some aftermarket parts. Depending on what are you going to ride id choose one or another, benny sig bikes for street, tom dugan bike for park.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
1/11/2014 8:07 AM

Get the wtp crysis or stolen sinner. The sinner has a vortex down tube.

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

SUNDAYBMX187 SUNDAYBMX187
1/11/2014 10:44 AM

id personally go with the subrosa but the stolen has alot of aftermarket parts. Which ever bike has the best geo for you would be your best bet

Fuck BMX

Chuck8273 Chuck8273
1/12/2014 7:37 AM
First choice if you're only willing to spend about $500. Costs more, but well worth the money.

I also found myself coming back after 20 years or so. I spent $1100 on a complete that I wasn't super happy with once I started riding it a while. The bars and stem were more sized for a kid, and I wanted wheels that felt a little more solid. Honestly, I would go for the $500 bike I posted above, unless you're 6' or taller. It's a decent enough bike with an aftermarket frame and a great parts list. If you're sure you're going to stay with riding for a few years at least, get the other one. It will last you a while, and has great parts!

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/12/2014 7:50 AM

The $500 was just in reference to the Cult, as it was full CroMo for last than that.. but that Seely is as well.

Don't want to drop a grand though, Soundwave is out. Would like to be more around $600-650 max.

I'm 6'0" exactly.

sketchytravis sketchytravis
1/12/2014 12:20 PM
Chuck8273 wrote: First choice if you're ...more

hands down this.

the frame alone on the first choice one is like 300 bucks separate

also fits your 500 range

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/12/2014 12:42 PM

I saw that on Dans, but man.. I hate blue. The frame and some of the parts are nice, especially at the price.

The green 2014 model looks better in that olive drab green, but not for $170 more.. damn.

1/12/2014 1:00 PM
NervousXtian wrote:

I saw that on Dans, but ...more

who cares about the color man, just get it, its the best for your buck... and if you really hate the color that much, you could just re paint it

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

1/12/2014 1:18 PM

I could rattle can it black.

SecretBMX SecretBMX
1/12/2014 1:28 PM

I would offer to call my distributers and see if they have any of the red limited edition broadcasters in stock but after everything today I'm not sure I should bother. shame too cause I happen to be a dealer for Sunday who makes the broadcaster, shame your not looking to build up cause they have a chrome version of the broadcaster frame that is just sick

1/12/2014 1:45 PM
NervousXtian wrote:

I could rattle can it ...more

doitup man

2/6/2014 2:01 PM

So, anyhow.. haven't ordered yet.. it's been freezing out here lately anyhow. Missed on the Sunday.. it sold not long after the above posts.

Then eyed a 13 Dugan 3 for $389 at a shop in town.. but didn't have my van and it was gone 2 days later when I stopped by.. should of bought it and had them hold it.

So, that leaves me at this:

With codes and all free shipping.. Dans has these options:

Sunday Magallan EX

https://www.danscomp.com/products/102411/2014_Sunday_Magallan_EX_Bike.html

or

https://www.danscomp.com/products/102341/2014_United_Martinez_Pro_Bike_(Corey_Martinez).html

Sunday comes out @ $382.

Martinez at like $522.

or the Mac 3 for $467.

Last option is a local shop has a 13 Fit WiFi for $599.

transition_chris transition_chris
2/6/2014 2:07 PM

All of those options are awesome. The Mac 3 might be the best as it has a 21" frame, unless that Wifi they have is 21".

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

T-rider T-rider
2/6/2014 2:10 PM

The fit wifi 2013 for 599$ sound fucking great man!!! The fit wifi frame feels amazing for me + fit makes some quality stuff.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/6/2014 2:11 PM

It is a 21. Just saw it today. I was ready to walk out with the Dugan 3 for $389 which was a steal... missed it by a day.

T-rider T-rider
2/6/2014 2:15 PM

If you are 6´ a 21tt will feel good. The fit wifi is a killer deal.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/6/2014 2:20 PM

I know, I'm trying to justify it to myself. It's the black version, and its dialed.

T-rider T-rider
2/6/2014 2:24 PM

Hahaha, id go with it without a doubt, is all aftermarket besides the wheelset, which is sealed and doble walled.

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

SecretBMX SecretBMX
2/6/2014 2:44 PM

Im being Biased but i would go with the Sunday or United, either way you cant go wrong

Me? Me?
2/6/2014 2:59 PM

Get the WiFi, it's the best deal of the bunch, Mac is second, United close third, lastly Sunday.

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

2/6/2014 5:34 PM

That's how I'm leaning right now... gonna have some days to think about it with all the snow that just dropped. This town closes when it snows.

sunday bikes69 sunday bikes69
2/6/2014 7:01 PM

Get a sunday broadcaster

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
2/6/2014 7:05 PM
Photo
theres also a DK on albes on sale for like $350 I think. 48spline cranks, full chromoly, and nice specs. Its also all wood grain and looks sick. I would probably go with the DK over this because its cheaper and imo better, but this thing is just as much of a beast just with a few tiny setbacks.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP