1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
Wes_Escobar
1/18/2020 11:29 AM

Right now I'm using the odyssey tires that came with my Sunday Primer, and anytime I ride off smooth concrete my tubes pop, so I was thinking maybe these ones would be better cuz they're the ones Anthony Panza rocks and he literally rides in the street in NY. So has anyone else used these and consider them durable? These are the ones I would get for street and park use

readybmxer
1/18/2020 11:36 AM

It could be a different problem.

Carefully and thoroughly inspect the inside of the tire, meaning take it off the rim and use a flashlight to see if there are any debris inside the tire that causes the puncture.

Also, check your rims. See if any spokes pop through the rim strip.

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

Fortyseven
1/18/2020 11:38 AM

It does seem odd to be popping tires like that with any kind of tire.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

Wes_Escobar
1/18/2020 11:54 AM
readybmxer wrote:

It could be a different ...more

I have, the inside checks out

Undesemin
1/18/2020 12:01 PM

I've never ridden them personally, so I can't say much, but I've heard from others that they wear down pretty quickly. If you're looking for a durable street tire, I'd reccomend to get a pair of Animal GLHs.

Undesemin
1/18/2020 12:06 PM

Also, I agree with the other guys, that is really weird to be popping tubes that easily, regardless of tires. What PSI do you run?

readybmxer
1/18/2020 12:15 PM
Undesemin wrote:

Also, I agree with the ...more

Actually, you reminded me of something.

When you install your new tubes, do you make sure you have the valve perfectly aligned with the valve hole when pumping up? If it's not centered properly, over time it'll leak at the valve, if that's where the tubes popped.

Wes_Escobar
1/18/2020 12:53 PM
Undesemin wrote:

Also, I agree with the ...more

Wes_Escobar
1/18/2020 12:54 PM
readybmxer wrote:

Actually, you reminded me ...more

I made that mistake the first time I installed a new tube, I've done it properly since then

readybmxer
1/18/2020 1:37 PM

That's weird...

Maybe inspect again? All it takes is a millimeter of shaved metal or something.

Undesemin
1/18/2020 1:40 PM

Is it just one tire specifically that keeps going flat?

quick16g
1/18/2020 3:43 PM

A long time ago I had a wheel that the rim had a piece of sharp metal left over from machining sticking out just outside the rim liner. I'd check absolutely everything.

Beamex
1/18/2020 4:13 PM

Is your bike a 2020 model or older? Cause the newest Primers use Odyssey Path Pro 20 x 2.40 tyres. Which is one of the big selling points for that bike.

Next time you get flat, look very closely at the tube and find where the puncture is. You may need to submerge it in water while pumping it up. Then examine the section of tyre that lined up with where the tube got a hole.

Then you will know 100% whether this is rim/spoke issue or something on the ground actually poking through the tyre and tube.

Wes_Escobar
1/18/2020 5:42 PM
Beamex wrote:

Is your bike a 2020 model ...more

Mine is a 2020 model, yeah. I'll try your suggestions thank you

BigMeanPunk
1/18/2020 6:34 PM
Beamex wrote:

They are OEM (stock) Path Pros that are only rated 35-65psi.. Not the same quality as the aftermarket Path Pros...

Jibby
1/19/2020 9:48 AM

They are not durable at all, but they are good tires for street. I took mine off after a few months because of wear and the fact they they were terrible on a dusty local park. I wouldn’t recommend or buy them again.

Ride everything

eskimojay
1/19/2020 11:09 AM
Beamex wrote:

BigMeanPunk wrote:

They are OEM (stock) Path ...more

When did they lower the psi ? I had a volume broc raidord complete that I gave away that I swore had stock path tires and they where rated for 100 psi

Wes_Escobar
1/19/2020 6:42 PM
Beamex wrote:

BigMeanPunk wrote:

They are OEM (stock) Path ...more

eskimojay wrote:

When did they lower the ...more

Here's my tire, currently flat. The max is in fact 65

Fortyseven
1/20/2020 8:35 AM

How do you like that bike? I love that color.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

Wes_Escobar
1/20/2020 10:58 AM
Fortyseven wrote:

How do you like that bike? ...more

The color is what drew my eye to it in the shop lol it's a good ride so far, aside from the tire problems. To be honest I really should've gotten at least a 21' frame, because I'm 6'1, and the bike is a 20.5. So I do feel a little awkward on it at times, but that's also just a part of learning bike control, all in all it seems like a good starter bike.

RumHam
1/20/2020 11:42 PM

BSD Donnasqueaks are great tires, I run the 2.25 version at about 50-60 psi and I've ran two pairs for the past 2 years (the only reason I got a new pair was because the bike they were on was stolen). I've been on this current set for about 18 months and they're still perfect. Super grippy and I've only had 1 flat tyre and that was because I ran over something sharp that I didn't see until too late

BillyBigRigger
1/21/2020 2:50 PM
RumHam wrote:

BSD Donnasqueaks are great ...more

I looooove my Donnasqueaks too. The last set I bought however was significantly narrower than the previous two pairs I had, which is ok, but weird. Definently narrower than 2.25 at 60psi. I micrometer'ed them and they are like 2.13. My previous squeeks were about 2.29.

Cellmember
1/21/2020 3:18 PM

You'd should be able to use just about any tyre for street riding.

RumHam
1/21/2020 11:49 PM
RumHam wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I looooove my Donnasqueaks ...more

That's really weird, could you feel a difference when riding?

BillyBigRigger
1/22/2020 9:52 AM
RumHam wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

RumHam wrote:

That's really weird, could ...more

I’m a bit novice rider so to me the difference was more visible thing than a notable performance difference. I have more frame clearance at the chainstays and I was able to remove the tire without deflating it (To get past brake pads) which i couldnt do with my previous donnas in that same size! I’ve only ridden them on the park and they were great for that but I’m a street rider at heart so I’m gonna give them a workout tonight in the big city.

Francky
1/22/2020 10:02 AM
BillyBigRigger wrote:

RumHam wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I’m a bit novice rider so ...more

Try to pump them up all the way up to 110 + psi to stretch’em up a little if you wish to get them a little bigger again, maybe front only if you like the thinner back with your brake.

BillyBigRigger
1/22/2020 10:17 AM
RumHam wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I’m a bit novice rider so ...more

Francky wrote:

Try to pump them up all ...more

Hehe yeh bud, that was the first thing I did. I aired them. Both to 100 psi and let them sit all night. At 100 they were still narrower than my others at 45Psi which is my typical pressure.

ggallin422
1/23/2020 10:29 AM

No worst tread pattern ever. grips are ok tho. don't get them they for shoes. Tires work completely different.

Bulletpup
1/23/2020 11:40 AM

A lot of people dont do this but take the tire off the wheel completely and squeeze it anywhere that looks like a hole. Sometimes it wont be visible from the outside and it doesnt poke through on the inside until the tire is pumped up and you compress the tire on a hop or landing.

I find small chunks of glass or sharp rocks all the time like that. I dig out the debris with a sharp knife or a steel pick while squeezing the tire.

p1p1092
1/23/2020 12:23 PM
Bulletpup wrote:

A lot of people dont do ...more

I do that from time to time. Once I'm sure I have everything out of the holes, I'll put rubber glue down into each hole and leave it to set. Afterwards, I sand off any excess glue and rub a little chalk dust around the whole tyre, just in case some of the glue is still sticky. Just means there's no easy way for gravel/glass to get in and poke a hole in the tube.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP