1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
Brayden_Buckingham
7/17/2016 3:03 PM

More for Canadians , as I doubt many know too much about MacNeil in the states , but they're pretty big here and everyone rides MacNeil parts and tons of locals ride / rode for them . I like them myself , but my friend told me they're going out of business and Norco bought them out ? I asked someone else and he said it wasn't true , but supposedly MacNeil isn't doing super well money wise or something , and that the situation of them staying active is vague . Someone mentioned that they didn't pay their riders very much or at all because of this.

I actually like MacNeil , especially when Kevin Kiraly was on it ( his frame was dope as fuck ! ) and I know tons of people ride for them at one point , but if they're not doing well that's really a shame ... in all honesty I hoped if I got super good and someone from MacNeil was like ,"hey you shred , here's a frame or something to ride , keep it up" that's like me dream and actually possible , so I'm pretty bummed to hear stuff it that's true

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Coopers25
7/17/2016 3:51 PM
eskimojay
7/17/2016 7:05 PM

I've got a MacNeil default frame sitting waiting to be rode for when my Bonesaw dies so probably a few years , I've heard they put allot of money down to try to get into the complete bike market and it didn't pan out so well , I hope they don't go out of business though they're rad , and hopefully they're still bringing in income with the pivotal post patent to keep them alive , if fbm can survive the screw up of trying to sell completes hopefully MacNeil will do just fine

adamnmexican
7/17/2016 7:58 PM

Macneil died when miron left

fack off

grumpySteve
7/18/2016 12:23 AM

They just don't seem like a very popular company anymore. They need to start sponsoring loads of weed smoking, 4 plastic peg, big bars, freecoaster style riders and putting shit electro music on their edits, then the kids will like them more.

In all seriousness though. They don't have a particular image. And that's what sells really. I genuinely couldn't name a single person that rides for them now because they're just not out there enough. It seems like they're not pushing their product and coming out with the parts people want. They don't seem down with what's cool in bmx right now, so kids don't even know they exist

Brayden_Buckingham
7/18/2016 1:13 PM

I don't really want to email and say ,"yo , heard shit hits the fan lately".

I think Grumpy is partially right , but they make solid parts and nothing is crazy stupid or weird , so if anything they stay true to their branding . People want companies to be like FBM and stuff , in my eyes MacNeil does a solid job of being them , I've never thought "wow , that's out of place for them". I like their image. A friend of mine had the highest end complete by MacNeil and supposedly he just broke everything on it . Which is kind of sad , he ended up building a custom after that . MacNeil bikes look pretty good in my eyes though. If they made that Kevin Kiraly frame again , I'd be ALL over that , I'd love some MacNeil 4 piece bars but if things are looking unstable then they won't be making that stuff yet

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

eskimojay
7/18/2016 2:07 PM

I have the MacNeil DVD they just came out with last it was fucking awsome had the deaner from fubar in it

dave lawrence
7/18/2016 7:33 PM

They used to be huge in the states, back in like 05 or so.

I had the Miron frame, it was awesome.

John Heaton is still nuts in my book. Jay Miron too.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

eskimojay
7/19/2016 12:05 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

They used to be huge in ...more

Heaton was ahead of his time that guy was insane , pretty sure his frame was the first one to go to chainstays shorter then 13.75 I'm pretty sure, that dude was nuts with flips , flips to wall rides think berringer and Morgan wade are the only other guys I've seen do that since

sketchytravis
7/19/2016 12:21 AM

honestly i remember seeing a bunch more of parts and whatnot being rode in the past than i do now. i never really knew that many people that ran their stuff but every now and again id see some stuff and i knew a couple kids with their frames. but yeah...

i could totally see them possibly going under just because theyre not something you really see around anymore

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

dave lawrence
7/19/2016 12:09 PM
eskimojay wrote:

Heaton was ahead of his ...more

My favorite thing was his flip to double peg stall on a sub. He was like 5-8 years ahead of everyone on that one.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

bmxer_yoshi
7/19/2016 4:10 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

They just don't seem like ...more

hey i ride 4 plastic pegs, four piece bars, a freecoaster, listen to electro, and don't smoke weed... i find it extremely offensive that you think that way grumpy... nah just kidding....i know youre joking.

Macneil was an awesome brand with quality parts im sure they're still around but maybe they just went underground or took a hiatus for a bit.... planing a big comeback maybe like some other companies?...

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

Aaron_Mckenzie
4/6/2019 7:31 PM

I am Aaron and I love macneil. I love there products 1. Because I am Canadian. 2. They have some cool designs. 3. I love to support locally 4. I dont care what anyone says there product is made of high quality material just the same as everyone else. Japanese steel 4130 heat treated. There frames have a lifetime warranty. I was a big fan of Alaister whitton. But he is gone and no longer rides for Macneil. And last they're bikes are very well priced. I have a few BMX my favorite is my macneil Alistair whitton 2 signature bmx. The frame was about 300.00 after I built it cost me about 800.00can i also have a Sunday funday. , I have a fit we the people. And I have a stranger danger. All witch I picked up in dead condition restored them to there glory days and gave them killer 14 coat paint jobs. For example my whitton 2 is candy apple red with gold metal flake. First I sanded all the paint and rust off the bike. Till bare metal using 60 grit. Then I did 2 good coats of primer waited a day then I did 3 coats of candy apple metallic red after the final coat of red I wet sanded the bike with 1500 then 2 coats of gold flake with clear the when tacky not dry I did 6 coats of glossy clear coat and wet sanded again to take out any orange peel or dust from the air. Its cane out beautiful.

p1p1092
4/6/2019 7:37 PM
Aaron_Mckenzie wrote:

I am Aaron and I love ...more

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

eskimojay
4/6/2019 7:50 PM

MacNeil builds super good quality furniture these days

sundaybmxRR
4/6/2019 7:51 PM
Aaron_Mckenzie wrote:

Spongeworthy
4/6/2019 8:36 PM

I absolutely loved my Ruben frame.

Bulletpup
4/6/2019 10:48 PM

Macneil said deuce deuces.

Earlysport
4/7/2019 4:44 AM

I have my old Ruben frame hanging on the wall.

My current bike has a MacNeil 25t spline drive sprocket that I picked up cheap and was the colour I wanted. It's a fine part.

Earlysport

dave lawrence
4/8/2019 6:23 AM
eskimojay wrote:

MacNeil builds super good ...more

This.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

HardBMX_Tim
4/8/2019 6:34 AM
Aaron_Mckenzie wrote:

I'M DAVID SCOTT I'M 6 FOOT TALL I HAVE A 2007 MIRRACO FIVE STAR PARK BMX BIKE WITH A 22 INCH TOP TUBE IT'S A GREAT BIKE I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AT ALL. THE BIKE IS A CHROMOLLY FRAME AND VERY STRONG I REALLY LOVE THIS BIKE IT'S THE BEST. BIG AIR ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

eskimojay
4/8/2019 6:35 AM

I’m not 100% sure but I have heard the mountain bike company Norco bought out MacNeil , they seem like they’re not doing much with it

Four
4/8/2019 9:10 AM

I’m riding a MacNeil frame currently lol

45 refs and counting check profile.

falloftroy20
4/8/2019 1:02 PM

Who remembers these fuckers? 8 high, 28 wide and drilled bars by the grips? Simpler times lads....RIP

i love dick

Four
4/8/2019 4:58 PM
falloftroy20 wrote:

Who remembers these ...more

I’ve got a pair of country 835 bars with the same drilled out spots. I remember the MacNeil xlts.

I always wanted a MacNeil Ruben lol and their seats were the best.

45 refs and counting check profile.

RumHam
4/8/2019 11:30 PM
Aaron_Mckenzie wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'M DAVID SCOTT I'M 6 FOOT ...more

BEAT ME TO IT

stahl4130
4/11/2019 1:26 PM

They had some issues and lost their distro in the US. Thats the long and short of it. Still a good company overall.

Make BMX Metal Again!

Pedal Driven Cycles www.pedaldrivencycles.com

Mainline Outdoors www.mainlineoutdoors.bigcartel.com

.pegless.
4/11/2019 7:30 PM
falloftroy20 wrote:

I had a pair of them, MacNeil silencer bars. They were available in a few different heights and had loads of upsweep. Apparently the holes were to help stop throttle grip? XD I had the 8.25 iirc, they felt real good.

But, to me MacNeil are just another brand, nothing special stands out about them apart from inventing the pivotal seat. But I don’t like pivotal seats. They’re certainly not bad, just no better than the ocean of other brands out there.

Bryan91
4/11/2019 8:01 PM
.pegless. wrote:

I had a pair of them, ...more

Damn... I guess I'm the last one to realize you created a new account. lol

Bulletpup
4/11/2019 8:33 PM
falloftroy20 wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

I had a pair of them, ...more

Bryan91 wrote:

Damn... I guess I'm the ...more

Grumpy?

1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP