btn
btn
2 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
The Horror Contact The Horror Contact
6/30/2013 1:21 PM

Im 6'4 running 10's with a topload...to some these bars may be stupid but for others of my height, they are perfect. Ill most likely get these when just running a front load stem.. My theory is that it'll feel the same like 10's used with a topload.

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

Topsey Topsey
6/30/2013 2:05 PM

Then whats the point of getting them then? Sorry to be a Dick but if your running 10s with a Top load & get 11z with a front load to feel the same why on earth change?! You will have to pay out for new bars & a new stem for exactly the same feeling bike?! However the elevenz have 3 upsweep so they will feel better than the 10s. I perfectly understand where you are coming from you are 6'4" those bars make sense for someone your height but when a fucking 13 year old who i 5.3" runs these bars with a fucking stupidly high rise top load it is IDIOTIC!

TheBrandonFranke TheBrandonFranke
6/30/2013 2:47 PM

Hey hey hey, a flipped 35mm TL would make these feel pretty good.

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

Four Four
6/30/2013 3:04 PM
Topsey wrote:

Then whats the point of ...more

Yeah exactly. I don't see how people even run huge bars. I can't ride anything over 27.5 wide. or 8.5 high. Jarrod Swafford is 6'5 and I saw an old video of him riding these small ass bars with a fl. I put on my 7.3 bars and liked them a lot. I mean bikes are looking kind of stupid now with massive bars and huge tires. It looks so fucking dumb when I see bikes with a shit load of spacers, a topload and perfect 10s.

45 refs and counting check profile.

zenith111 zenith111
6/30/2013 3:10 PM
Topsey wrote:

Four wrote:

Yeah exactly. I don't see ...more

Agreed, I ride hoders and a challenger but i'm pretty tall, If I didn't get the bars discounted I'd still happily be riding Slams which were big enough at 8x28. The bar thing has gone to far now.

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

Topsey Topsey
6/30/2013 3:46 PM

I'm 6'1 & I'm running Scerbo V3s with an Animal OG Topload & a few spacers. Also the whole huge tyre thing i'm running 2.25"s & i honestly don't think i could go any wider. On the Flatland Bike i will be running 8.5" with a 36mm Enduro. However i have reasoning behind this,.front wheel tricks on a Flatland bike are so much easier with the higher rise bars. You have more leverage to push forward. Still i would not go any higher than 8.5"!!

TheRadDragon TheRadDragon
6/30/2013 3:58 PM

I guess they didn't feel stupid enough.... I was honestly thinking they would skip elevens and make twelve's... lol

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

Topsey Topsey
6/30/2013 4:02 PM

Haha Yes!! Honestly if a company comes out with 12" (That's a FOOT high) Bars i am going to buy them just to hang on my wall & i will buy a set of Slams too. Kinda like when i started riding These Bars (The Slams) where fucking massive & people bitched about them, now in this day & ages (Be it this year or 2014/2015 whatever) these bars are 12" high, they are HUGE & not really considered stupid by some!!

6/30/2013 4:10 PM
Topsey wrote:

Haha Yes!! Honestly if a ...more

Yeah, I'm waiting to see a kid around the age of 12 or 13 to make a check with those big ass bars... when I imagine huge bars I think of someone having to extend there arms clear above there head to reach the bars!

BMXism BMXism
6/30/2013 5:48 PM

LOL

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
6/30/2013 8:54 PM

I feel like there is a limit to these tho. It just isnt comfortable or smart. i would never ride anything taller than 9 and 9 is REALLY pushing it. i prefer 8.5 for sure. any bigger i may poop my pants.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

G-LandRider G-LandRider
6/30/2013 9:48 PM

imagine if you went back to like 2004 with perfect tens or even just 9 inch rise with like 30 width people would laugh at you so bad

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

The Horror Contact The Horror Contact
7/1/2013 1:57 AM
Topsey wrote:

I used to ride the tomahawk stem before running the topload, The added height has become so natural to me, when running something lower I feel hunched over the bars and way forward. I have a brand new hawk stem so buying bars like these would allow me to run this stem again without it sitting around getting no use. Ive seen so many negative things about bars this high, especially from people who arent my height or have never tried them. Im 6'4, if running perfect 10's or 11's is ridiculous, then in theory people who are in the 5 foot bracket should not be running bars that are 8.5 or higher. I have friends that are around 5'9 and such...and they run 8.5-9 rise bars which clearly feels completely different for me. In a way, what a 9 inch rise bar would feel for them, and 10-11 inch rise would equal the same for me.

In the end though Im not concerned about looks, if it looks ridiculous to others...oh well. As long as Im comfortable its all that matters. When 10's came out I was so interested but concerned Id hate riding them and waste money. Rode 8.5 rise for a long time, took the chance with 10's and everything improved. With the 8.5 I used to ride my bars really forward to get the height, now with all the higher rise bars, I can actually pull them back make it more comfortable and still have that height . At first they did feel high, took time getting used to but now its so natural....When riding smaller bars on friends bikes, I have no idea how I did it...I could never go back.

To each their own. Ride what you like and have fun with it. What may work for some may not work for others.

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

Topsey Topsey
7/1/2013 8:52 AM

Fair play Buddy, Fair Play. As i said at 6'4" an 8.25" Bar is gunna feel pretty damn shitty. Back in the early 2000's Slams were the biggest bars you could get! There were no other options & i know a couple of guys who ran them at like 6'2/6'3" & they stopped riding BMX in the end & went with 24" bikes because it wasn't killing their backs as much! Also 21" was pretty much the longest top tube you could get! Although i don't like the Perfect 10's or these Elevenz because of what i stated earlier 5'3" Kids saying they run them for greater control of the bike & all that B.S (IF you cannot ride a fucking bike with 8.5" MAX at 5'4" then you shouldn't be on a fucking BMX Kid!!) BUT for anyone 6'2"+ Who really wants to ride BMX these bars are a fucking god send. There are a few frames with 21.5"+ Top Tubes & there are even a couple of companies offering them with more Street Orientated Geometry which is also brilliant! Couple these with the 9"/10"/11" rise bars a Giant guy like yourself has a BMX he can ride comfortably. But as mentioned not just by me. Perfect 10s etc should really not be ridden by anyone under 6 Foot tall.

Stay Cool Buddy.

Collin_McClenahan Collin_McClenahan
7/1/2013 9:12 AM

They are making them, yes. But they're still a joke. http://www.albes.com/sand-m-perfect-10-bars-1.aspx anyone remember these? It's the same thing.

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/1/2013 4:44 PM
Collin_McClenahan wrote:

They are making them, yes. ...more

Holy shit WTF is that!

Topsey Topsey
7/1/2013 4:53 PM

Track bars. Those are designed for Fix geared/track race bikes.

Collin_McClenahan Collin_McClenahan
7/1/2013 4:55 PM
Collin_McClenahan wrote:

TheRadDragon wrote:

Holy shit WTF is that!

The not so perfect 10! They'd actually be great road bike bars though.

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/1/2013 4:57 PM

I was not expecting to see such non-sense!

Topsey Topsey
7/1/2013 4:59 PM
Collin_McClenahan wrote:

TheRadDragon wrote:

Holy shit WTF is that!

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

The not so perfect 10! ...more

They are made for Fixed Gear bikes mate. You say they'd be good for road bikes. That's what they're for!! They were never ever meant to touch a BMX bike.

7/1/2013 5:10 PM

I have a feeling some idiot placed those awful bars on a BMX bike and thought it was a worth while investment and idea... makes you want to smack who ever across the face... lol

Topsey Topsey
7/1/2013 5:26 PM

OOO oooo OOOO oooo Can i slap them?! Preferably with said handle bars! I fucking hate kids these days. No idea what they are talking about when it comes to BMX, they bum their fashionable pro of the month & set up their bike exactly the same & then argue blindly that their parts are obviously the best because "Insert Pros Name Here" runs them. Then when a new fashionable pro comes along they dump their perfectly good set up for a new set up which will ride completely different but it doesn't matter because *Insert Pros Name Here* runs them & then get confused when they cant do their fly out bar spins & have no idea whats going on!! In short i am a grumpy old man & i hate what BMX is becoming!!

7/1/2013 5:36 PM

By all means but I would like to have a turn once your done lol.

Topsey Topsey
7/1/2013 5:37 PM
7/1/2013 6:01 PM

We can either dispose of those or keep as a trophy... but I propose that they be tossed so it would be one less disaster in the world lol.

btn
btn
2 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP