Related:
Create New Tag
AdamBMXRider AdamBMXRider
3/10/2018 12:59 PM

I am fairly new to bmx, however, i wish to buy a decent bmx. I found these two simlar seeming bmxs, but i don't know which i should go for. As i am 6", i require a 21" top tube.

Fit: https://fitbikeco.com/bikes-2018/vhs/
WTP: wethepeoplebmx.de/arcade

I would appreciate any other recomendations.

Thanks.

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
3/10/2018 1:04 PM

Between those two... definitely the fit VHS. The WTP has hi-tens bars and fork. That's a big downside! The only downside to the fit is is has single wall rims.

Whatever you choose, always choose Chromoly over anything hi-tens.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
3/10/2018 1:19 PM

Hi-qual

gmunny375 gmunny375
3/10/2018 1:47 PM

Check the fit long. A little better parts than the vhs. I've been looking at a this the last couple months. Then you can be awesome and have a chrome bike.

eskimojay eskimojay
3/10/2018 4:01 PM

Fit van homan rules

michael.eckhart michael.eckhart
3/15/2018 2:14 PM
AdamBMXRider wrote:

I am fairly new to bmx, ...more

WTP VOLTA OR ENVY

Skylight Skylight
3/15/2018 2:35 PM

WeThePeople make better quality bikes. They have a good reputation and are ranked n1 by a lot of people. You don't risk any weird things happening, i.e stem always slipping, stem plate cracking, bars snapping, etc as you would with other completes.

It's good german engineering.

Fit is good too.

But go for the WTP. You won't regret it.

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

408gt91 408gt91
3/15/2018 2:59 PM

Isn't fit and s&m the same.....?

gmunny375 gmunny375
4/23/2018 1:46 PM
408gt91 wrote:

Isn't fit and s&m the ...more

Same owners. Most fit bikes are made overseas. You can get some signature frames made in America. All s&m are American made

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
4/23/2018 2:38 PM

Wethepeople makes the best bikes and parts .

I’ve had Wethepeople bikes come in and they never have any issues with them

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

HondaCRFRacer HondaCRFRacer
4/23/2018 3:13 PM

VHS if the WTP has hi ten components... any hi ten components I wouldnt even bother with... I would recommend the Eastern Shovelhead even more than the VHS though...

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/23/2018 6:23 PM

Of the two you asked about, Fit all the way. No question.

Spenlard Spenlard
4/23/2018 7:24 PM

dude people saying the wtp are nuts don't consider that opinion, definitely the fit out of the 2 sheerly for the specifications of it. not because 'my buddy had a wtp and it was sick' because on paper the fit is the better bike.

this bike http://www.easternbikes.com/talisman-2018 . It has every single checklist item marked off.

sealed hubs
double wall rims
full chromoly .

also has some other little goodies. the eastern 'naga' at 399.99 is also a good option. or one tier lower the traildigger.

they all have every must have for a complete. they used to have a sub brand- amber. those bikes were prices so insanely well. i advised my friend who wasn't super into bmx but had reason for owning one to opt for one. he still has the damn thing almost completely stock as well. it was like $350. at that time completes for $350 weren't nearly what they are now, and the specs list on the thing was awesome. eastern has a good formula for their completes imo

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

HondaCRFRacer HondaCRFRacer
4/23/2018 7:36 PM
Spenlard wrote:

dude people saying the wtp ...more

I wouldnt consider the Trailsman that great, it's a only a full chromoly frame, the bars and forks are still hi-ten sad

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

Kolbs Kolbs
4/25/2018 5:29 AM

Fit all the way had my fit benny frame since 2012 had no dents or cracks fit is the right choice

4/25/2018 5:58 AM
Spenlard wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I wouldnt consider the ...more

Yeah, Those Easterns are true beginners in that any of the hi-tens parts should be changed out for chromoly.... particularly the forks!

Spenlard Spenlard
4/26/2018 1:58 AM
Spenlard wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I wouldnt consider the ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, Those Easterns are ...more

Didn't notice that. sadness. no one listen to me

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

Buzzbegone Buzzbegone
4/27/2018 5:36 PM

Build your own bike. You will love it and take care of it more. Save money; buy each part step by step, and keep watching YouTube BMX vids for inspiration/knowledge. When you build your bike with parts that you want, it has less regrets than buying a complete. Research each part and look at customer reviews for statistics. When you build your own bike it's truly yours and it may make you slightly crazy. I sometimes bring my bike to bed to snuggle with.

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

p1p1092 p1p1092
4/27/2018 6:16 PM
Buzzbegone wrote:

Build your own bike. You ...more

I wouldn't really agree with that; it's the way I went because I had no money and only occasional work when I decided to try my hand at BMX but it cost me a lot more in the long run and took far longer to get off the ground than it otherwise would've, not to mention the sheer number of second-hand parts I overpaid for and broke almost immediately.

Completes are great because they're relatively cheap, they're a single purchase meaning less time to start riding, there's a whole lot on the market so there's no end to the amount of choice and there's no pissing about trying to figure out will 'X' be too small/big or will it fit this other component, 'Y'. I've always been fairly mechanically inclined and able to pick things up really quickly but I can imagine for a lot of people, the idea of building a bike from scratch without any prior experience or even knowing if they'll stick at it is pretty daunting. I'd definitely say a complete is the way to go.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP