Related:
Create New Tag
Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
1/28/2019 6:21 AM

So I put together a BSD ALVX yesterday and its completely different from anything I typically ride. Short backend, pegs, brakeless, and a freecoaster.

I'm realizing now that I have no idea how to cab out, and that I use pedal pressure for way more tricks than I thought I did. I ate royal shit multiple times yesterday but I gotta say this is fun.

adamnmexican adamnmexican
1/28/2019 6:24 AM

i'm riding 2.3 tires, its crazy. Wayyyy out of my comfort zone. my LBS has tioga FS-100 (2.1) that I'm picking up soon lol. other than that, I refuse to change my ways lol. But I do have a 20.4 Total I may try out just to try something different...

It’s all bmx

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
1/28/2019 6:53 AM
adamnmexican wrote:

i'm riding 2.3 tires, its ...more

Yeah fat tires has never been something that even remotely appealed to me

BillyBigRigger BillyBigRigger
1/28/2019 2:08 PM

Haha yes Superpawl. man I love changing things up. Keeps things fun and lets me know what I do or don’t like in a bike. I’m going to buy two more frames this summer and a coaster as well. When I rode in the past I didn’t have money to experiment now I do and it is ridiculously fun and exciting to see how different geo appeal to me or not!! Keep us posted how your doing on your new coaster/ALVX setup!!

Bulletpup Bulletpup
1/28/2019 5:30 PM
adamnmexican wrote:

i'm riding 2.3 tires, its ...more

Something TOTALly different.

readybmxer readybmxer
1/28/2019 10:00 PM

It's always cool to keep things fresh! When I did my little experiment thread a while back, I found that I do enjoy brakeless setups, something I never would've considered back then. And here I am like a year off brakes haha.

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

eskimojay eskimojay
1/28/2019 10:33 PM

I’m always trying to change things on my bikes that makes me have to learn to adapt , keeps it fun , just got some 1.75 race tires that should make things interesting

Spenlard Spenlard
1/28/2019 11:48 PM

Brave man. I refuse to change my geo ever lol, everytime I get a new part I get the same geo I just had. I bought a BTM a few years back and just wasn't feelin it, so I stick to what I know now.

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

grumpySteve grumpySteve
1/29/2019 12:51 AM

Sounds like I'd hate it, but I hope you enjoy it! I expect to see some slow af grind combo's on a foot tall ledge, to hard 90 out wink

I recently got 9.2 t1 ruben bars, but can barely feel a difference. I think my dislike of tall bars came from 9" bars that looked silly, and with a topload they were just too high. I'm still tempted by a freecoaster too. I can get a clutch v1 brand new for £140 so I might give it a go.

adamnmexican adamnmexican
1/29/2019 6:10 AM
eskimojay wrote:

I’m always trying to ...more

BRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPP

It’s all bmx

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
1/29/2019 7:36 AM
readybmxer wrote:

It's always cool to keep ...more

I did ride brakeless in the past and enjoyed it

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
1/29/2019 7:37 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Sounds like I'd hate it, ...more

No way, I still refuse to ride that style laughing

Bulletpup Bulletpup
1/29/2019 10:17 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Sounds like I'd hate it, ...more

Freecoasters are a good time! I cant wait till the freenight planetary coaster releases...

Bulletpup Bulletpup
1/29/2019 10:19 AM
eskimojay wrote:

I’m always trying to ...more

Feeble to straight rim lol.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP