Related:
Create New Tag
Subrosa90 Subrosa90
6/24/2013 8:40 PM

/b] guys I'm about to order chase hawk new tires what would be good I have the Fit signature so let me no and I had two loads of dirt dropped off today and the bob cat come tomorow morning what would be a good jump size Doesent the landing usually 2 feet higher then the take off Cause I no there's no rules or anything but I wanted to make it 5 And 7. But how big of a gap well let me no ASAP and I'll check it in the morning if I sleep I'm so excited So hit me up when you guys get a chance later

BMX_Forever BMX_Forever
6/24/2013 10:24 PM

So you're going to ride Dirt, and you ordered semi-slick Tyres?

mrmatrix66 mrmatrix66
6/24/2013 10:46 PM

you gotta get some demolition or aitkens if ur gonna ride dirt

making half retarded post at the moment

Dominorey Dominorey
6/25/2013 12:47 AM

i want to try the premium ck (chad kerely) they look nice

SteezySteve SteezySteve
6/25/2013 7:44 AM

I'll tell you this now if your gonna ride trails and build them know what your doing It's a lot of work to then go and realise you've fucked up, for a start trails is a personal preference thing the height doesn't really matter but having a larger landing does help for cleaness of lines, smoother landings and if you ever bail you wont be falling to flat ground but a large rolling and the gap depends on the angle of your take off and the sort of speed you'll hit the take off at so long as you know what sort of speed you'll need to clear it you should be fine (it helps if your good at visualising trajectorys and if your not skatech a little take of and landing in the shape you'd like and use a compass to mark the trajectory between the jumps) in terms of kepping and getting speed it helps to have dirt tires or all terrain tires I'd reccomend Odyssey Aitkens either Knobbly or Regular or the 2.25 Fit F.a.F's

Hope that helped and another thing if your gonna become another trails dude put some steez in that whip wink Ohh almost forgot get some people to help dig and to ride with!

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

Topsey Topsey
6/25/2013 8:33 AM

SteezySteve has some words of wisdom right there. Building Trails isn't something you can just slap together. You need to base your gaps on the height & angle of your take offs. Also there isn't a lot of point having a few jumps just dotted about you have image the clean lines & flow of the Trails. Draw it down or do the run mentally like in your head imagine how it will flow, how high you want to go, how far you want to travel then adjust the jumps accordingly. Also, Hawk tyres wont be a lot of cop for Dirt. You want Aitken Knobbys tbh. If you want HUGE tyres you can get the Knobby in 2.35" Which actually inflates larger than the 2.4" Hawk i believe. If your frame cannot fit the 2.35" then you can get the 2.125" which also inflates pretty wide. You then have perfect tyres for Dirt! Also i don't know if you are aware but if you run lower PSI, pump the tyres up a little extra, Nice hard tyres on packed dirt you will be FLYING through the Trails!

DrewH85 DrewH85
6/25/2013 11:03 AM

A high landing may be good for practicing tricks, but you wont learn flow that way.. I got a pile of dirt for my bday as a kid and a dirtspine/hip was the obvious first thing to build.

In midschool bike rides you.

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
6/25/2013 11:26 AM
mrmatrix66 wrote:

you gotta get some ...more

this is true Aitkens imo are some of the best for dirt
ooor you can get some odyssey pluto tires?? hahaha

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bik/3888522430.html

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

andyferly andyferly
6/25/2013 2:31 PM
Dominorey wrote:

i want to try the premium ...more

Don't, just don't.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

KaneF15 KaneF15
6/25/2013 2:43 PM

Aitkens
Demolitions
Primo dirtmonsters

Subrosa90 Subrosa90
6/25/2013 3:20 PM
BMX_Forever wrote:

So you're going to ride ...more

I already have new dirt tires but I'm going to south carolina to hit sum parks not that stupid hahahaga

Effting Effting
6/25/2013 3:33 PM

I rode my Momentums on dirt.

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

justin vogelsberger justin vogelsberger
6/25/2013 4:05 PM

trade me my odyssey aitken p-lytes for those hawks ! great condition !

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP