Related:
Create New Tag
BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 2:13 PM

This idea just popped into my head the other day so I drew it up. Pretty much an alloy body and small casted plastic plates that you would install inside. The idea is you get the toughness of an alloy with the forgiveness of having plastic pins. And you can just buy boxes of the plastic plates and easily replace them when they break. And maybe they also come with alloy plates drilled for metal pins for when you want to switch it up.I may have way too many pins in my sketch here, but none of it is final. (I need a little help on the tightening mechanism too, my idea for that is kind of iffy atm)

So what do you guys think?? I don't mind criticism..
Photo

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

SickDude SickDude
8/14/2013 2:16 PM

You are a douche so no its a horrible idea:

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 2:16 PM
devil

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

jj0996 jj0996
8/14/2013 2:17 PM

it would be pretty cool, nothing i would ride but im sure there would be people interested if you could get it right, and a thought insteed of a plate do a insert that would have pins on both sides, one side sticking out the top and the other sticking out the bottom, and then you can just have a screw holding it in place

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 2:22 PM

^I was thinking a double sided insert as well, but the pins would have to be super long to reach properly.. Maybe on a super slim pedal or some shit.

sketo sketo
8/14/2013 2:24 PM

What is your idea for the tightening mechanism? You could have a hex shape indent in the bottom of the plastic insert that the nut could go in (think integrated seatpost clamps) and just have the screw go right into that.

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

bmxsteve99 bmxsteve99
8/14/2013 2:28 PM

thats a pretty cool idea!
maybe something i wouldnt ride, but nonetheless extremely creative and ingenious!

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

Four Four
8/14/2013 2:29 PM

How light?

45 refs and counting check profile.

BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 2:30 PM

sketo that's a good idea. I thought of some others too, just don't have anything else on paper yet. I'll try to sketch up what you described later...

TheMotherShip TheMotherShip
8/14/2013 2:30 PM

looks interesting you could do a credit card type of insert for the on the top and bottom of the pedal for the plates then have the pins threaded and screwed on the the plates or make the pins mini hex bolts so you just screw them in on the bottom of the plate so that way when they are grinded down you can still get them out then have the pedal body open up so you can install them

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 2:35 PM
Four wrote:

How light?

Photo

@mothership- That's like a totally different design tho bro. But not a bad one.. sketch it out, better to visualize on paper.

Four Four
8/14/2013 8:12 PM

I will buy a pair if they're that light. But really it seems a bit complicated for me. But the design looks great! I like grippy pedals.

45 refs and counting check profile.

tomdon tomdon
8/14/2013 8:25 PM

I kinda like it. I'd give em a shot on my ride.

I'm on the vital legit list!

TheMotherShip TheMotherShip
8/14/2013 8:42 PM
Four wrote:

How light?

BMXism wrote:

@mothership- That's ...more

yeah i might just and see what it comes out to i like in your sketch the pins in the middle of the pedal you should keep at you never know you could have something big like when the pivotal first came out or something like that

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
8/14/2013 8:46 PM
SickDude wrote:

You are a douche so no its ...more

your an ass. i like the idea.

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

SickDude SickDude
8/14/2013 8:51 PM
SickDude wrote:

You are a douche so no its ...more

feeble_to_face wrote:

your an ass. i like the ...more

Fuck off. Stop getting so butthurt

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
8/14/2013 8:52 PM

Yeah.... I kinda hate metal pedals so that's just totally outta my box.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

TheBrandonFranke TheBrandonFranke
8/14/2013 8:56 PM
Four wrote:

How light?

BMXism wrote:

@mothership- That's ...more

Haha I have those exact pedals in my shit parts bin.

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

TheBrandonFranke TheBrandonFranke
8/14/2013 9:00 PM

I dont like the idea. No idea why I dont just I dont. It seems like a great idea but for some reason I just dont like it

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
8/14/2013 9:40 PM

Nice idea man!! You have inspired me a little. I have always had an idea on a pedal!! I kinda wanna include your idea and my own at the same time. Itd be like a metal pedal cut in half and the metal side is completely flat and the other side you can buy different PC pedal plates to suit what you like. all the corners would be smooth and no sharp edges at all and one side would be for grinding and the other would be where you stand of course! haha i have been screwing around with the drawings lately. the PC side would just go right into and each of the corners would still be metal and you could just screw them into that! It is basically a pedal made for grinding and is super easy to deal with. plus, id put needle bearings in it so they really could take anything! Its more for street and stuff, but itd be great. Maybe if i do a final draft, ill post it on here.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

FuckYoCult FuckYoCult
8/14/2013 9:47 PM

To some degree, they are reminiscent of JCPC, although "Switched".

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/14/2013 9:50 PM

Don't see the point of metal bodies and plastic pins. I don't see the inserts breaking but they wouldn't last long at all if you ever grind so you'd replace them as often as you would plastic bodies. Plus the metal bodies wouldn't slide as well. I came up with an idea for plastic coated metal pins but that would just be unnecessary. I don't really think there's much more to do as far as pedals are concerned besides new concave shapes and pin shapes and layouts.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 11:06 PM

Yeah I knew this shit was sort of gimmicky as I was drawing it. The design really doesn't innovate shit other than being different. FuckYoCult got it rgiht.. it's pretty much reverse JcPCs hahaha. Well at least I got it outta my head, it always bothers me when I can't see what I'm thinking in some physical way. Glad I shared it though, thanks for all the feedback you dirty scumbag vital bitches. silly

*I guess the only advantages over a regular plastic pedal would be having a fuck load more pins(more grip) and being able to replace them.

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
8/14/2013 11:08 PM
BMXism wrote:

Yeah I knew this shit was ...more

I feel you. I always share ideas I have with friends even if they're the worst ideas I've ever had just because they might think of a useful alternative haha.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

BMXism BMXism
8/14/2013 11:13 PM

Fursure. me like a good brainstorm sesh.

Gump Gump
8/15/2013 12:46 AM

I run metals for the grip not the strength those pedals you've designed are the exact opposite of the good point of jcpc's

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

eskimojay eskimojay
8/15/2013 1:23 AM

Seems like a good idea......but I love metal pedals......you probably wouldn't sell many of those because there would be to many little girls scared of getting shinners

one try kid one try kid
8/15/2013 1:39 AM
BMXism wrote:

Fursure. me like a good ...more

I have a pedal idea as well...

smile

[LINK TO IMAGE]

After market parts will be a Flat Chromo/TI plate that you can use to cover the bottom part of the pedal for smooth pedal related grinds. $$$

TI bolts. $$$

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

andyferly andyferly
8/15/2013 7:01 AM

Thats actually a pretty good idea, the only downside I see form having such a pedal is that you would get less flex on hard landings but a part of that great idea.
If made properly I would for sure give it a try.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

chad88 chad88
8/15/2013 8:13 AM

i would love this durability of metal bodies it would be cheaper then buying replacment bodies plus medal pins are the only reason why i dont wanna use medal pedals

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP