Related:
Create New Tag
sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
6/26/2013 6:03 PM

A friend of mine was trying them today so I figured I'd try them too, took a while but I finally grew a nutsack & threw the bars.. but my bike keeps falling to the side. I can barspin clockwise right now and don't have that problem since the way my feet are (right foot forward) but I can't seem to keep my bike from not falling peg side down when I toss them switch, which is counterclockwise... Any tips? They look semi good at least, better than my regular haha Photo

Caelum Persson Caelum Persson
6/26/2013 6:22 PM

i just learned switch bars yesterday, i was surprised that i didnt have any problems like this and it actually only took me 6 or so trys to land them, i find that my bike does go on a funny angle and i think i just counter balance myself? like, i think i lean toward the side thats opposite the way its falling. try positioning yourself differently, i definitely dont do regular bars the same way i do my switch ones, i dont know of anyone that does near me

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
6/26/2013 6:49 PM

yeah I was thinking if I just lean one way it might work out better but it feels weird. Do you think it would help if I caught the right side of my bars so it can't fall down that way? I'm still working on them obviously, I'll throw a video up in a moment but I definitely think I need to flick em faster

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
6/26/2013 6:53 PM

well your footing does depend on the way you bar. so maybe try it opposite footed?

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/26/2013 6:54 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah I was thinking if I ...more

yeah switch bars feel real trippy ha, yeah if i dont catch then my bike falls to the ground so definitely try catch that hand, i pass mine round i think, but whne i do regular bars i throw and catch

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
6/26/2013 6:54 PM
feeble_to_face wrote:

well your footing does ...more

That'd be retarded though cause then I'd never feel comfortable doing them

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
6/26/2013 6:55 PM
Caelum Persson wrote:

yeah switch bars feel real ...more

?feature=player_detailpage

I made a grab for the right side of my bars but only once it fell haha

6/26/2013 6:55 PM
feeble_to_face wrote:

well your footing does ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That'd be retarded though ...more

this isnt necessarily true, i switch feet for my whips, and i can do them everywhere, however, barspins switch footed would be very weird.

6/26/2013 6:58 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah I was thinking if I ...more

Caelum Persson wrote:

yeah switch bars feel real ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:
...more

?feature=player_detailpage

I made a grab for the right side of my bars but only once it fell haha

maybe try clamp your cranks alot, and i know myself wth switch bars i catch the bar before it even gets to 270, maybe try catch it earlier

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
6/26/2013 7:00 PM
Caelum Persson wrote:

maybe try clamp your ...more

I'll try to pinch them, and maybe catch them at around the 270 mark. I feel like I have more control over these than my regular cause now I'm catching with my right hand and I'm more coordinated with that

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
6/26/2013 7:01 PM
Caelum Persson wrote:

this isnt necessarily ...more

I can hop and 180 switch footed, but everything else feels like I'm relearning how to ride haha

6/26/2013 7:03 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'll try to pinch them, ...more

yeah my switch ones lowkey feel more controlled too.
i can hop whip switch foot, 3 whips switch foot, just anything with a whip in it that i do is switch ha

AlexDanielP AlexDanielP
6/26/2013 7:50 PM

I see an e30 in the background of the picture. tongue

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP