Related:
Create New Tag
michael.eckhart michael.eckhart
4/22/2017 12:17 PM

So I ordered some stuff from Standards online store on the 29th of March. On the 31st I got a email stating that my order has been marked as shipped. So I waited patiently about 4 buisness days as this is the average delivery time by UPS. So I used their webstore messaging system to ask them about my order, and got no response. After a couple times I instead used their custom order email and finally got a response stating that they had replied but it went to the wrong person and that she had been really busy with other emails. Then she tells me that they should be able to get my stuf mailed out thatday (April 12th). Which was frustrating since I already got a message saying that it was shipped on the 31st of March. So I wait patiently again, and here I sit on the 22nd of April, still no package.
Has anyone else had problems with Standard Byke Co? Or any one els for that matter?

Don't even get me started with Albes.

grumpySteve grumpySteve
4/22/2017 12:28 PM

I've only had that with private sellers. One of which I bought some bars for a friend from. The guy runs a bmx shop, told me the bars were 9" but they were only 8.75. And told me he'd posted them, over a week later they turn up (48hr delivery).

I'm very surprised standard have been like that though. I mean, I can't really imagine them being busy enough to not be able to reply to an email. I was exchanging emails almost daily with John Lee when I ordered my fbm frame

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
4/22/2017 9:49 PM

Honestly sometimes it just happens . Sucks but if you're nice and not SUPER naggy they'll sort it out . It once happened to me with a certain shop / distro and I got a free shirt and they were gonna send a new stem from the one I ordered with express shipping at their cost but they got ahold of Canada Post before happened .

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Brian_Griffin Brian_Griffin
4/23/2017 10:30 AM

Jess@SBC.good person to resolve your problem.. Give him a call. Just remember to hit him up on weekdays.

F¬ Bom 5403692331

4/24/2017 3:22 PM

Jess is who I have been talking to. I emailed jess again on a Friday and have not heard back yet. But think you might be right on having to call them directly. A month is getting a little ridiculous on waiting for a webstore order. Next time I'll just stick to Danscomp.

dave lawrence dave lawrence
4/25/2017 7:23 PM

I think you are one of about 8 people that still ride a Standard. Not bashing, they just aren't as common as they used to be because they don't have the biggest name pros on their team anymore.

They are still super rad though. I think if I had a spare few hundred for a frame I would have considered them or a Lairdframe.

I got mine on such a deal I couldn't pass it up.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/26/2017 1:32 PM
dave lawrence wrote:

I think you are one of ...more

I believe Standard is still big into the racing scene now a days. As far as freestyle, I think it's not marketed very well any more. Plus, it's not what's trendy right now, which seems to be what has taken over the sport.

4/26/2017 1:36 PM

So I message JESS@SBC yesterday. I got a reply immediately stating that my order should be delivered that day. Well...here I sit a day later and still nothing. If a web order takes this long, im afraid to see when I'm going to get my custom frame I ordered, probably sometime in 2018.

4/26/2017 7:15 PM
michael.eckhart wrote:

So I message JESS@SBC ...more

Ask for the tracking number next time. Politely let them know that the amount of time this has taken and the repeated promises not being fulfilled are making it difficult to remain loyal to the brand.

Maybe for the inconvenience they will hook you up.

As to the freestyle scene not being marketed-legitimately all frames look the same. They don't really market much and their team is not as well known-they rarely put out an edit or a photo or anything outside of their site, so many kids don't know about them.

They spiked a bit a while back, and faded out again.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Brian_Griffin Brian_Griffin
5/6/2017 6:43 PM
michael.eckhart wrote:

Bump...
Did SBC get your order straight?
Did Jess help any?
Just curious..

F¬ Bom 5403692331

5/6/2017 9:01 PM
michael.eckhart wrote:

Brian_Griffin wrote:

Bump...
Did SBC get your ...more

So apparently UPS lost my package. Jess said this usually happens about once a year. Lucky me.
So rather then trying to file a claim he is just going to ship a re order which he is less hassle in the long run.
He also said that he is going to put a rush on my frame order because it has been in powder coat to long now.
This was last week, so we'll see how this goes. It's going on 8 weeks with my custom frame order and over a month on my Bars I ordered on the webstore.

CHILDISHGAMBINO CHILDISHGAMBINO
5/7/2017 1:37 PM

Jesus. I'd be a little pissed too if this happened to me. Hopefully they hook you up with a discount or some free swag.

5/8/2017 5:01 PM

Maybe you will luck out and get a second set of bars (or whatever the original order was) out of it.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/11/2017 4:19 PM

So I got a update today from Jess saying that both my Bar order and Frame order are being shipped out today. I'm very interested to see how this fiasco concludes. In my mind they should of next day aired it for my troubles.
So 9 weeks for a custom frame order which is pretty normal even though he said it was in powder coat to long. Last time I ordered a frame it was a little over 4 weeks. And for my botched web order it took 6 weeks to finally get it resolved(pending delivery), which is way too long in my mind. In the meantime I've been breaking in all the new parts that are going on the new frame. I even got some odyssey Boss Bars to tide me over until the standard one arrive, which I'm probably going to just keep as a spare probably.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP