Related:
Create New Tag
michael.eckhart michael.eckhart
2/9/2016 8:19 PM

I am wondering what people's thoughts, opinions or experiences are with SANKO Chromoly. I don't know much about it. I first heard of it a year or two ago when I was looking into some VOLUME bikes. This VOLTA I'm interested in this year is SANKO and I'm just trying to get a little enlightenment on the product. Or if anyone even has some opinions on this WTP VOLTA.

Photo

Coopers25 Coopers25
2/9/2016 8:36 PM

Its just a grade of higher quality chromo that companies use on higher end bikes. Its japanese too which is where tiawan gets it from. Companies use sanko seamless tubing on aftermarket frames because the stuff is really good. You should be pretty good on the bike. It looks nice

grumpySteve grumpySteve
2/9/2016 10:47 PM

Sanko is a manufacturer of tubes. Potentially better quality than (some) Taiwanese chromoly (let the debate begin, again).

ironmaiden666 ironmaiden666
2/10/2016 7:22 AM

Bone Deth uses it on frames.

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

eskimojay eskimojay
2/10/2016 7:59 AM

Had a mutiny sinister with it its solid

bmxer_yoshi bmxer_yoshi
2/10/2016 8:00 AM
ironmaiden666 wrote:

Bone Deth uses it on ...more

If they rock it, I would suggest going with Sanko Chromoly.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
2/10/2016 8:09 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Sanko is a manufacturer of ...more

Obligatory pro-Taiwanese reply from Xxohioanxx.

Srsly though, don't let the name on the tubing sway your decision, it won't matter.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

grumpySteve grumpySteve
2/10/2016 11:34 AM

Yeah. Just get something made out of dairylea, it'll hold up just as well as a reputable manufacturer...

dave lawrence dave lawrence
2/10/2016 1:45 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

Sanko is a manufacturer of ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Obligatory pro-Taiwanese ...more

This.

From everything I recall seeing, it is basically a brand of chromoly.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
2/10/2016 1:59 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah. Just get something ...more

4130 chromoly is 4130 chromoly. That's why it's called 4130 chromoly. A seamless 4130 tube from one manufacturer and another seamless 4130 tube from another manufacturer will be almost identical.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/10/2016 5:35 PM

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/2015-Sunday-Soundwave-Complete-w-Odyssey-Clutch-Freecoaster,1307094

This would be a solid deal mike

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

eskimojay eskimojay
2/10/2016 6:15 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah. Just get something ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

4130 chromoly is 4130 ...more

I've tried to explain this before but nobody gets it , they all pull up some article with some guy bullshitting and saying their chromoly is stronger to try to sell their products more,kids think it's legit and buy into that shit but it's all the same

If I ran a company id fabricate some bullshit story that my stuff was stronger and better too , for every idiot that seen through the bullshit their would be ten dummies buying into it

2/10/2016 7:14 PM

http://www.odysseybmx.com/dailyword/2004/12/81-living-in-a-material-world/#more-3192

Read that article. Sums things up pretty well.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

grumpySteve grumpySteve
2/10/2016 11:16 PM

I don't dunk biscuits in my tea. I like tea. When I make a cup, I use Yorkshire tea bags......

If you started your own bike company, would you try to get the very best materials you can, or would you just pick up something cheap with a label on it saying it's 4130 (or even leave it up to someone on the other side of the world that you've never met pick them)?
Yes, welding and other processes during manufacture has an effect on the overall strength of the finished product. But if we assume these welds etc are of the same quality, ANSI (or AISI) IS better quality and will be stronger, I don't know if sanko conforms to their standards, but ALL American made 4130 tubesets do (otherwise they can't call it 4130). Taiwanese might, who knows?

grumpySteve grumpySteve
2/10/2016 11:17 PM

Ignore. Double post.

Buzzbegone Buzzbegone
2/11/2016 1:23 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Ignore. Double post.

I'm not disagreeing with you Steve; just letting you know that Japanese SANKO Seamless pipes/tubes are made in compliance with international quality and safety standards (which includes ANSI regulations). SANKO products are distributed around the world and used for all kinds of things besides bikes like medical equipment, construction, engineering devices, power industries, etc.

That being said I believe that both steels are good products, however both have different characteristics. Japanese iron has many impurities so it has to be refined to reach the same level as America's naturally stronger/purer iron in order to create awesome steel.

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

bmxer_yoshi bmxer_yoshi
2/11/2016 6:00 AM
grumpySteve grumpySteve
2/11/2016 6:10 AM

I agree mate. I was just trying to point out that I'd have more trust in a branded tube set than something generic

michael.eckhart michael.eckhart
2/11/2016 2:03 PM

Thanks everyone for the info and the bike recommendations!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP