Related:
Create New Tag
MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
6/17/2013 12:12 AM

I have always ridden a bike ever since i could walk. I rode all day everyday humanly possible. I have tried every single type of Bicycling possible. I tried road bikes for distance, i tried mountain bikes, but the only that stuck is BMX. What BMX means to me is hard for a lot to understand, so this is my first time truly explaining it. I have a type of hereditary depression and my bike saves me. My bike doesnt care what i say or do, my bike doesnt want to make me different, my bike is my escape. My bike stops all the pain in the world just by letting me roll away from it. The feeling of speed, the feeling of weightlessness i get off a jump, the rush of dropping off something, and the thrill of spinning a 360 or grinding a rail is all it takes to make a bad thought or bit of sadness away. The feeling of accomplishment when you learn something new is different from any other. Some get the accomplishment from a good grade, some from putting a ball in a hole, but i know it is nothing compared to what i get. BMX isnt about feelings, BMX isnt about being part of something bigger, it is about FUN. There is nothing else that seems to matter as long as you are happy. A bike to most is transportation, or a small past time, but to me, it is my means of life. I sit in school, i sit in other places, but i would always rather be with my bike. My bike is not a living thing, but the spirit of what it is is more than alive. The reason i ride is so that all the actual pain and thought in my mind goes away, i can for once just do as i please, just enjoy what i am doing, nothing else does that. I do have more of a life than just a bike though, i do other things, but riding surpasses them all to get me to those places. I wouldnt be where i am today without it. What is your reason to ride? Not all have to be like mine of course, riding can be for whatever reason you want it to be haha. or none at all! haha

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

Soulrebelrastaman Soulrebelrastaman
6/17/2013 2:50 AM

I ride cuz I have to, not like an obligation but more of a compulsion, its something I just gotta do.

Unfinished business from along time ago.

Another reason is that its a big part of a seven year life plan that I came up with for myself just over a year ago, I got goals i need to achieve and I won't let anyone or thing get in the way.

But ultimately I ride because I love freestyle bmx simple as that

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

jamiespadina jamiespadina
6/17/2013 4:12 AM

Great speech man smile
Really long but it was worth reading

The first breath is the beginning of death

Topsey Topsey
6/17/2013 4:33 AM

Much like you Maximus i have ridden bikes since i could basically walk haha. My cousin used to ride mountain bikes professionally & he got me into riding bikes seriously. I tried the whole XC racing side of things & it just didn't thrill me like it did him. I tried DH for a little bit, whilst it was fun it was fucking expensive! Then i rode trials for a couple of years did a few competitions but that was all so serious. Although my parents supported me they were not going to shell out thousands for a bike & then a motor home to travel the UK for competitions lol. Then i went to a bike show at the NEC here in the UK & i saw Flatland, met a few riders, had a go on a couple of bikes & got hooked. I rode for about 2 years & next to where i practiced was a skate park. I wanted to give it a try. Foolishly i sold my Flatland bike & with some Birthday & Xmas Money i bought a Street/Park set up. This was when i hurt myself. However by then i was totally hooked. I used to skip school to ride it was just something inside of me i knew it was what i was meant to be doing. Even now that i cant ride anything like i used to or even anywhere near as much there is still something about BMX that has me hooked. Its not just the bike or the riding its the Lifestyle! I feel comfortable being me & being a BMXer. As a lot of you know i am having to give up Street riding because my shoulder is so wrecked. But i have ridden Flatland on & off for almost my entire BMX riding career (lol) I've been watching shit loads of videos I've been in contact with some of my old friends (Pro & Non) I'm sorting out a fucking sweet new bike & because i know its Flatland from now on, no expensive will be spared haha. I'm even in to the whole design & manufacturing side of BMX now i like to know as much about my bike as possible & if i can design some of the parts i am riding then that's even better! In short, BMX is my life. There are obviously things outside of BMX that are involved in my life too but i will always be a BMXer when i have kids i will be the badass Dad picking my kids up from school on my BMX! BMX is me & i am BMX. That's how it is & always will be.

Chrisaustin Chrisaustin
6/17/2013 4:39 AM

Not much to say, I love riding, started racing bmx at 3. I feel like im incomplete if im not on my bike (Sounds weird lol) It's my passion and nothing can change that. And i hope to start racing again, but Freestyle BMX is a happy 2nd to racing.

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

Chuck8273 Chuck8273
6/17/2013 5:40 AM

I have always ridden something since before I could walk. Being on wheels just feels natural. I sold my BMX bike when I started working, and had regretted it off and on since then. That decision still drives me crazy. I had gone through my fair share of mountain bikes, both squish and rigid frame, and it's just not the same. When my oldest said he wanted to get into freestyle, we went out and got him the bike he wanted. That reignited the fire in me, and I started looking for a bike.
Even at 40, getting on my bike means freedom. I ride with my kids every day that weather permits, and my youngest has already started doing tricks on his power wheels. He rides it backwards, hops it the best he can, and surfs on the seat. At three, I hope he continues to do his own thing on every thing he rides. He will have my support, even when he scares the shit out of me, haha. My whole family rides. It's just our way of life. My wife can't ride until she has the baby, but she will be right back on a bike as soon as she can. It honestly makes every facet of life better, from the health benefits to being something the whole family can do together. It's far better than sitting in front of the TV all day, and we support each others progress. Whatever life is, BMX just makes it more enjoyable.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

sk8termatt sk8termatt
6/17/2013 5:56 AM

I have always love biking since I was very young when I learned to ride a two wheeler, I would always ride my bike when my parents took my dog for a walk and I would try and get air out of the ditches on the side of the road. I would also make sketchy jumps and ride off them with my shitty mountain bike. Soon enough I had learned to bunny hop and wheelie. I then discovered bmx. I just bought my first bmx a couple years ago and I've loved it ever since. I have loved biking for as long as I can remember but I have always loved more extreme sports, and I couldn't find a thrill from just biking alone, but bmxing brought that thrill. Before bmxing I also skateboarded, and I have to admit I was pretty good, but when I found bmxing, even though I put so much time into skateboarding I just found bmxing more fun, thrilling. I love the feeling when you learn a new trick or land something you've been practicing for a long time (one of the reasons I loved skateboarding). I found bmxing a way to escape from all the stress and worries of everyday life. I love bmxing its my passion and I will never give it up for the world

Four Four
6/17/2013 7:10 AM

I dunno, I have nothing else to do, I like it and got bored of skateboarding.

45 refs and counting check profile.

tomdon tomdon
6/17/2013 7:44 AM

bmx is a part of me. it's in my dna. it's a lifestyle not a hobby

I'm on the vital legit list!

SEANimal757 SEANimal757
6/17/2013 9:21 AM

n/a

Chrisaustin Chrisaustin
6/17/2013 9:33 AM
SEANimal757 wrote:

n/a

Please... don't do it just because girls think its cool O.o

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

motomonkey motomonkey
6/17/2013 9:33 AM

I ride because the way it makes me feel!! BMX is total freedom!! it tames the beast inside that will drive you crazy if you let it!!

Topsey Topsey
6/17/2013 9:59 AM

When i am riding the wind in my face cruising to a spot, sitting down & bitch cranking because I've nearly stopped & i feel to lazy to stand up & pedal lol. Arriving at the spot, depending on what i am riding either getting a few grinds in or maybe trying to link a few tricks together before you get some bell end coming to tell you how you shouldn't be riding there or maybe the odd older man or woman who say they understand because they or their children used to ride BMX's in their youth but you should really know its private property & to move on haha. Maybe jumping on a train to the next town over to ride street & the better park with rails lol. I just enjoy riding i am a BMX rider, i am a freestyle rider, i am me.

6/17/2013 10:44 AM
SEANimal757 wrote:

n/a

I swear in my entire time riding BMX i only got attention from 2 girls once. They were friend and both at a Jewish camp thing in my town haha

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/17/2013 10:48 AM
Topsey wrote:

Much like you Maximus i ...more

Thats awesome man, and all very very true. BMX IS the alpha of all the bicycling lifestyles. And to be honest i have been trying my hand in a bit of flatland myself lately, i think i may get 2 more pegs so i can. Flatland is very fun, i enjoy riding ramps and doing street stuff too tho. I just picked up a few flatland tricks and dont wanna quit doing them haha

6/17/2013 10:48 AM
jamiespadina wrote:

Great speech man smile
Really ...more

Thanks man, that means a lot to me!

6/17/2013 10:50 AM
sk8termatt wrote:

I have always love biking ...more

Yeah i totally get that, a lot of people i know started with skateboarding and then quit that and started bmx because lets be honest, it is wayyyy more fun.

eskimojay eskimojay
6/17/2013 11:48 AM

To sell my soul to the devil of course.......and i didnt wanna join in on some pussy team sport like hockey or basketball.......and theres no rules to follow

Chrisaustin Chrisaustin
6/17/2013 11:49 AM
eskimojay wrote:

To sell my soul to the ...more

^^^^^ What the fuck -__-

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

sludgebmx sludgebmx
6/17/2013 2:43 PM

i ride because school is shit, the people in school are shit, the teachers are shit, and homework is shit. bmx is the escape

G-LandRider G-LandRider
6/17/2013 2:57 PM

yeah i cant deal with being at my house because of family problems and stuff so its escape. plus its a way to get around and have fun.

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

6/17/2013 3:08 PM
G-LandRider wrote:

yeah i cant deal with ...more

definitely man. i really feel that, whenever it gets rough, im going out for a ride! haha

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
6/17/2013 6:03 PM

lots of reasons. to name a few. 1. stay out of trouble 2. kill time 3. exercise

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

Fad3r Fad3r
6/17/2013 6:25 PM

Gets me off my ass and learning new stuff is fun

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy OneEyeIlluminatiGuy
6/17/2013 6:27 PM

its honestly one of the only things im good at

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/17/2013 6:39 PM
OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

its honestly one of the ...more

I get that dude. I tried my hand in a few sports. I played basketball, i swam (i was actually really good at the backstroke and won a lot, but i seriously hated it), and i was even in my school band, which was awful and i hated that even more. But BMX is one thing i really excelled at and picked up pretty quick and got hooked into.

Thomas_Kerrigan Thomas_Kerrigan
6/17/2013 7:10 PM

The aspect that really drew me to bmx , well action sports in general, was that there was no teams, no people that relyed on you to win, and nobody forceing you to invest tons of time in it. I do what i want on a bike when i want to and how i want to do it. Thats really about it for me. Tbh i also kinda like the idea of destorying properity with like grinding and such, mostly because i see it as a subtle protest against modern society... Its kinda like saying "look I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do and this chipped, waxy ledge is proof of that."

element4all element4all
6/17/2013 7:31 PM

for the bitches

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/17/2013 7:38 PM
Thomas_Kerrigan wrote:

The aspect that really ...more

hahaha thats funny man XD imma go grind unwaxed legdes so the world knows i do what i want and they cant tell me what to do XD thats good dude! Grinders For The Future! LMAO

6/17/2013 7:40 PM
element4all wrote:

for the bitches

Only once im telling you have i ever got attention from a girl in a legitimate way, besides the drunk college girls, i guess anyone can get attention from them if they want so i dont ever count them, although, they do go nuts over like a 360! haha

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP