Related:
Create New Tag
The Horror Contact The Horror Contact
9/8/2013 3:16 AM

If this is true, I wonder if they will base it around a Nankai coaster. For those who dont know, you could buy a Nankai freecoaster and purchase Profile shells instead of using the Nankai...so you had Nankai internals in the Profile shells they made for this.

Just something I was thinking about while most are talking about all these up and coming coasters to hit the market.

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

dave lawrence dave lawrence
9/8/2013 1:30 PM

As you said they have a shell designed for the Nankai coasters. Do you mean that they should just eliminate the middle man and package it as one?

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

eskimojay eskimojay
9/8/2013 2:02 PM

Profiles racing........I don't see them making a coaster

9/8/2013 2:27 PM
eskimojay wrote:

Profiles racing........I ...more

Then you must not see their 14mm axles or 9t drivers, or their hub guards...

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

skubasteve skubasteve
9/8/2013 2:33 PM
eskimojay wrote:

why not if they have already made the shell for one?

eskimojay eskimojay
9/8/2013 2:47 PM
eskimojay wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Then you must not see ...more

I run their 14 mm axles front and back with their 9 tooth driver ......I don't see them making a coaster if they haven't already made one

skubasteve skubasteve
9/8/2013 2:57 PM

as many companies are trying to come out with a freecoaster, cult, eclat, primo, etc.....you don't see Profile teaming up with Nankai AGAIN to come out with a freecoaster AGAIN....

eskimojay eskimojay
9/8/2013 3:04 PM

No I doubt it nankai is for flatland ....if profile wanted in in free coasters they'd probably design their own system

9/8/2013 6:03 PM
eskimojay wrote:

No I doubt it nankai is ...more

They actually have several models, some flatland oriented and some more "freestyle" oriented.

And Profile DID design their hub shell to go around nankai internals. THEY ALREADY DID.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/8/2013 7:33 PM

Nankai is not only flatland, they made another version called the Bamboo for more street riders..Internals are slightly different and has a 14mm axle..Ive had both version, still own the Bamboo.

Dave, I was thinking how most just used the khe style internals...was just a thought if Profile would do the same but use the Nankai design. The Nankai design had been said to be about the most reliable design for years.

I know at Interbike something is supposed to be shown that they have been working on...no idea what it is..they may not even show it depending if what they are working on seems to be working or not.

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
9/8/2013 8:31 PM

Hmm Profile coaster is something i have heard about them messing around with, whether or not they actually go for it is the question honestly. I think if they actually really made a crazy new design for one, thatd be lovely. I dont think there has really ever been an american made coaster since the 80s. or at all i think. haha I think the thing about the Bamboo was that is was sooo hard to work on because caged bearings suck so bad! That is my least favorite kind of bearing to mess with honestly, you pull em out wrong ONE TIME and you are stuck fiddling with it trying to bend it back into shape and stuff. They work amazingly if you get them going right! Just load up on grease, a littl fiddling and that beast will roll super nice! I think what would be cool is if Profile made the Nankai with sealed bearings. Or better yet, made a Coaster with a big 17mm hollow, titanium driver, plated with polished nickel on it and some 14mm titanium bolts that go into it, with a ti driver of course and a bushing system within the driver and maybe a few other bits. I wish some people would let me design a damn coaster, i have a really good idea!

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

BMX_Forever BMX_Forever
9/9/2013 8:09 AM
eskimojay wrote:

It's called Profile Racing because it was originally a Drag Racing Company.

9/9/2013 8:20 AM
MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm Profile coaster is ...more

The Bamboo is actually very easy to work on, only difficulty some may find is the loose ball bearings in the driver. In all, I find the maintenance working on a cassette or coaster the same ..people make it sound complicated when its not.

Nankai never used sealed bearings because the knew caged bearings could hold up better to the forces in which coasters put on the bearings. The newer roller bearings and such being used are probably the best.

Perhaps with my time off the bike Ill make some vids showing the differences between coasters. I have a few KHE designs and a Nankai.

A ti axle would be nice, bolts as well but a driver would probably get destroyed. Also, you save very little in weight and the price difference is extremely noticeable .

Only thing I would change on a Nankai is the gap/slack cause it doesn't give you much. There's mods out the but not everyone has the proper tools to do it.

REFS-

Fondue Fondue
9/9/2013 8:34 AM
eskimojay wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Then you must not see ...more

eskimojay wrote:

I run their 14 mm axles ...more

First sentence you read when you go to their site...

"Profile’s BMX Freestyle team has been around over 10 years."

9/9/2013 1:03 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

Why not take CNC classes as soon as ou can and MAKE YOUR OWN, then patent it, and make money?

So far your ideas are just tweeks on anothers design, IE diff bearings or bushings.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
9/9/2013 7:10 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Why not take CNC classes ...more

Yeah a lot of my problems, and most people's with coasters are the bearings, so that is something to look at, and i would love to take CNC classes!! Thatd be so sick! But honestly i have no clue where to go for that haha and I have the idea in my head, i couldnt really type it out in a short way honestly haha I would type em, but people get mad when they have to read. I never did that, i like to read about BMX.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/9/2013 7:25 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah a lot of my problems, ...more

Check out local Vocational colleges, and see what is out there. Ridgewater College in Hutchinson MN has a good program last I heard.

As far as the CNC goes, that would help with the shell, and other parts provided they have proper tooling for the metals.

Try drawing it up (ideally to scale) with as much detail as you can. That would be a great starting point for it.

If possible and "exploded" view that shows each individual part in detail as well.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP