Related:
Create New Tag
HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
7/15/2013 1:25 PM

So I have two things going on here- im probably getting a Profile Mini (rear) hub shell. I understand that there is a cheaper axle on Albes that fits the hub, aswell as cheaper primo pawls and springs. Im looking for a cheaper driver that will work in a profile mini, if theyre are any. My understanding (correct me if im wrong) is profile drivers work in primo hubs but primo drivers wont work in profile hubs.

And im also looking for a cheaper way to buy internals for a GSport Ratchet cassette hub (driver, axle, hardware). Will any other internals work with this hub?

If anybody can help me out here thatd be great.

Also- a price check on a USED Profile Mini HUB SHELL, with brand new internals (CrMo axle, bearings, CrMo driver, etc.) With a fresh new powdercoat paint job?

Thanks,
Hard BMX

Like us on Facebook

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
7/15/2013 6:33 PM

Hub parts only work with the hubs they're meant for.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
7/15/2013 6:52 PM
Xxohioanxx wrote:

Hub parts only work with ...more

Odyssey drivers work in mission hubs, aswell as a few others. Primo drivers work in a different hub (I forget which). Primo pawls and springs work in profile hubs. Profile drivers work in primo hubs. Eastern birectional drivers were universal for a few hubs. There are companies that make parts universal to other hubs that are a lot cheaper or better than the actual replacement parts.

I need to find ones for Profile Mini cassette and GSport Ratchet cassette.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

Xxohioanxx Xxohioanxx
7/15/2013 6:58 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Odyssey drivers work in ...more

Odyssey/Mission are the same hubs, just rebranded, pretty sure they're called Joytech. And yeah, I just checked and Profile drivers do work in Primo hubs.

Don't know about Profile hubs, but I know nothing else will work in Ratchets besides specific parts. One of a kind.

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

tomdon tomdon
7/15/2013 7:55 PM

You can buy the ratchet on the odyssey site. Piece by piece and its only like 160. They sell bearings, axle, shell and all

I'm on the vital legit list!

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
7/15/2013 7:59 PM
tomdon wrote:

You can buy the ratchet on ...more

I was attempting to build it cheaper with a different companys internals. Like you can with some hubs.

The Horror Contact The Horror Contact
7/16/2013 2:17 AM

Cheapest option youll get with an axle and some hardware http://www.danscomp.com/products/437053/G-Sport_Axle.html , everything else you will have to buy from Odyssey/Gsport separately or if someone has used .

As for the diver, you will need to purchase ratchet driver. from what I can think of there is no other hub with a 20mm center axle or uses the same size bearings as a ratchet....as posted above, its one of a kind.

If you are going to run these hubs, buy the parts that are designed for them.

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP