Related:
Create New Tag
McCheeseKid McCheeseKid
7/31/2013 3:20 PM

From what I know, the my Cult Match hub has the exact same internals as the Primo Mix.

I've stripped my axle on one side on my current Match axle, so I need a replacement.

Does anyone know for sure if I could use a Male Primo Mix axle such as this one?
http://www.danscomp.com/products/439017/Primo_Chromoly_Axle.html

Or even use the Female conversion kit which is also one of the options in the link above.

Thanks a lot!

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

Marco_Gonzalez Marco_Gonzalez
7/31/2013 3:34 PM

I know this is out of your topic, but how you like your cult match? I'm pretty sure you could use that axle, its a mix just rebranded

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

FuckYoCult FuckYoCult
7/31/2013 3:36 PM

99.9% chance it will

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

StoreBoughtChild StoreBoughtChild
1/16/2015 8:59 AM

Really sorry for bumping this thread but id rather do that than make a new one. Will primo axles work in a cult match hub???

B(avaria)mx B(avaria)mx
1/16/2015 9:07 AM

Primo Mix axles will work, Remix won't. Front won't fit at all.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/16/2015 10:21 AM
B(avaria)mx wrote:

Primo Mix axles will work, ...more

This. Remix is 15mm internal and Mix/Match are 14mm internal.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
1/16/2015 2:50 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This. Remix is 15mm ...more

No, they're all the same at 14mm & 15mm on the non-drive side where the hardware threads on, the difference is the Remix uses different bearings so the bearing contacts on the axle is different from the Mix/Match

But as said, Primo Mix axles will fit the Cult Match & vice versa, but Primo Remix will not.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/16/2015 4:45 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

No, they're all the same ...more

Then why does the Animal PYN work with the Mix and not the Remix?

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
1/16/2015 5:02 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Then why does the Animal ...more

Was it drilled/rethreaded? Because without being modified, there isn't anyway the PYN should work on the Mix at all, the area where the hardware threads onto that side is 15mm

[LINK TO IMAGE]

You can see it here

I've had all 3 hubs (Mix, Match & Remix) and they're all like that, only difference in them being the Remix is more hollow & the bearing contacts are shorter.

I even have the Match & Remix in my room right now and can verify the 15mm if you still don't believe me haha.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/16/2015 5:06 PM

I was looking for a guard for my remix and read on an old thread that the PYN fits the Mix so i went with it and it didn't fit. Assumed the Remix was different than the Mix.

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
1/16/2015 5:15 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I was looking for a guard ...more

I remember someone on here modified their PYN that it would fit a Mix, so maybe that's what you read?

Cause the PYN rear guard & the Animal Javelin axle are both 14mm, so there's no way it could fit

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/16/2015 5:18 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I was looking for a guard ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I remember someone on here ...more

That was me. I modded my pyn for the remix when i found out it didn't fit.

OneGuyIlluminatiEye OneGuyIlluminatiEye
1/17/2015 7:00 AM

Remix is a garbage hub shouldn't have ever made it into production

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
1/20/2015 1:15 AM
OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Remix is a garbage hub ...more

The only thing I hate is how some hubs are made with different flange sizes. It seriously pisses me off to have to get 2 sets of different spokes, let alone happening to only have one set and end up with longer spokes. That's how my Gsport hub was and I ended up having to run some of the spokes like 1-2mm longer, so I had to run like almost 3 rimstrips.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

OneGuyIlluminatiEye OneGuyIlluminatiEye
1/20/2015 6:04 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

The only thing I hate is ...more

I totally agree, its is completely retarded to have different size flanges, profile hubs use to be awesome when i first starded riding and now they are the gayest hubs on the market because they started that dumb ass flange trendy garbage weight weenie nonsense

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/20/2015 6:56 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

The only thing I hate is ...more

I totally agree, its is ...more

Shouldnt it techmically weigh less with larger flanges? Lets say 2mm on each spoke. Thats 72mm of steel instead of having bigger flanges. So losing 72mm of steel and adding a little bit of alluminum, is more efficient in terms of weight. But less steel means less strength. Smaller hubshells, and smaller but still THICK flanges would be the best. So their new smaller flange design is technically heavier and stronger. I think it was a good change asthetically too.

1/20/2015 6:57 AM

When I say heavier I dont mean the shell. Im saying when the wheel is built up.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/20/2015 8:55 AM
StoreBoughtChild wrote:

Shouldnt it techmically ...more

Larger diameter flanges = stiffer wheel, easier to damage, heavier (there's a lot more material used to add to the flange than there is to add to the spoke, however flange weight will be less noticeable than spoke weight, so in a way you are right.)

Different diameter flanges = improper spoke tension, wheel wants to pull to one side more than the other. Think of it like guitar strings. As you shorten the string (spoke) by moving your hand (hub flange) closer to the base of the guitar (rim), the sound produced (spoke tension) changes.

Shorter flanges = less stiff wheel, harder to damage, lighter.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP