Related:
Create New Tag
Rafael_BMX Rafael_BMX
1/3/2019 9:19 PM

Hey guys I'm want to start BMXing but I need help finding a bike I am 6 foot tall so I need a 21" top tube any recommendation I have a budget of 400 maybe 430 I know is not much but is just to start into BMXing

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/3/2019 11:17 PM

If you cannot afford the Eastern Shovelhead or the Kink Whip XL (both $450ish,) then get the Mongoose Legion L100 for $300 off Amazon.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

Rabbe Rabbe
1/4/2019 5:43 AM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you cannot afford the ...more

/thread

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 5:44 AM

You don't need a 21 TT because you're 6 foot, depends on more factors than just height.

I'm the same height BTW and always felt more at home on 20.6 to 20.8 depending on the geometry.

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
1/4/2019 6:01 AM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

A good starting point for a new complete. A cheaper alternative (but certainly not faster or easier) is to buy used. The problem with this method is you have to know what you are looking at/for & be patient for something to come up that you want.

SupaShawn SupaShawn
1/4/2019 6:11 AM

Get

">this.

Rafael_BMX Rafael_BMX
1/4/2019 1:31 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

A good ...more

In what website are good used bikes

TheDarkEnergist TheDarkEnergist
1/4/2019 1:38 PM
Rafael_BMX wrote:

In what website are good ...more

https://www.amazon.com/Mongoose-Legion-Freestyle-20-Inch-Wheels/dp/B074L3KP93/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546637864&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=mongoose+legion+l100&psc=1

This is a fucking steal for a full chromo frame. Buy a better stem, sprocket, pedals, and maybe tires and you'll have a solid starting point.

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

Rafael_BMX Rafael_BMX
1/4/2019 6:18 PM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

A good ...more

Rafael_BMX wrote:

In what website are good ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote: ...more

Thank u I think I'm going with this one

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 7:48 PM

Standover looks shorter than mongoose specs, low standover makes a bike a bit shorter overall as well.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/4/2019 7:50 PM
streethack wrote:

Standover looks shorter ...more

Lower standover makes the frame feel longer, if you're referencing the top tube.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 7:59 PM
streethack wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Lower standover makes the ...more

Maybe if you ride around sitting on a slammed seat it does grin

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/4/2019 8:01 PM
streethack wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Lower standover makes the ...more

streethack wrote:

Maybe if you ride around ...more

That has nothing to do with it. The further down the top tube sits, the further it protrudes forward, thus lengthening the gap between the Bottom Bracket & the Head Tube.

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 8:05 PM

Prob makes little difference depending on seatpost angle, headtube to BB might not be any different. Overall geo is the deciding factor I guess sideways

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 8:09 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That has nothing to do ...more

But the TT sits on much steeper angle as well.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/4/2019 8:12 PM
streethack wrote:

Prob makes little ...more

The rest of the specs are irrelevant. Unless the seat tube angle is literally opposite of all BMX Frames, then the top tube will be effectively longer on a frame with a lower toptube/shorter seattube.
Photo

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 8:18 PM

Now look at the image and think how the HT never changes in height grin

All depends on how the TT swings in an arc from the HT as a pivot point.

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/4/2019 8:35 PM
streethack wrote:

Now look at the image and ...more

1. There is certainly frames with different Headtube heights, this is becoming a new thing to help eliminate spacers & accommodate for nearly 10" standovers being a thing now.

2. The only way that the effective toptube length wouldnt change when the toptube is lowered, is if the Seat Tube sat at 90degree angle (instead of approx. 70deg) and the only way it would make the effective length feel shorter like you claimed, is if that angle were obtuse.
Photo

streethack streethack
1/4/2019 8:57 PM

Cool image, geo looks a bit savage angled but shows some perspective.

p1p1092 p1p1092
1/4/2019 9:08 PM
streethack wrote:

Cool image, geo looks a ...more

I'm just curious as to what the fuck is going on with the dropouts. I've never seen a vertical dropout on a BMX frame before.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
1/4/2019 9:15 PM
streethack wrote:

Cool image, geo looks a ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

I'm just curious as to ...more

Cardinal Ambassador frames had them. Only newschool freestyle frames I know of that used them. Not the best design so I've heard lol

p1p1092 p1p1092
1/4/2019 9:34 PM
HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cardinal Ambassador frames ...more

There's little or no adjustability for chain tension; absolutely piss poor design unless the idea is to have something similar to an MTB style chain tensioner.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

Edman123 Edman123
1/5/2019 2:46 AM
p1p1092 wrote:

I'm just curious as to ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cardinal Ambassador frames ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

There's little or no ...more

The think they're used on race bikes

Hmmm

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP