Related:
Create New Tag
Joe_Martinez Joe_Martinez
4/29/2018 11:54 AM

Pretty sweet stem coming out soon! I'm going to have to get one! Photo Photo

brakeless maniac

jbales jbales
4/29/2018 12:04 PM

Made in America. Which of the 35 countries is that then?

Edit: Oh wait there's a hashtag, lol.

Does it come with a free bald eagle?

4/29/2018 12:07 PM

Standard bikes makes a lot of NoWears products

brakeless maniac

Edman123 Edman123
4/29/2018 12:21 PM

everything they make looks strange

Hmmm

jbales jbales
4/29/2018 12:50 PM
Edman123 wrote:

everything they make looks ...more

Seen Brant Moore's red bike? Lol

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
4/29/2018 1:07 PM

They've released a sprocket with bars on it, and now a stem that looks like chain links.

Things we can expect to see from them in the future:

-Pedals that are shaped like sprockets
-Pegs that are shaped like stems
-Bars that have a crossbar actually made of chain links
-Bar ends inspired by bottom brackets that roll when theyre dragged along the ground (has this been done before..?)
-Cranks that look like forks, probably using a similar design to the Macneil Conjoined cranks

I swear I'm not hating, I love this company

4/29/2018 1:25 PM

Im a fan of, nowear. Got the frame, the 4 pc bars and 2 sets of,the 2 pc candy bars

brakeless maniac

DatJiggyNiggy DatJiggyNiggy
4/29/2018 2:48 PM

I never liked those face place designs for stems that shit looks like it will slip

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.

- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

Bulletpup Bulletpup
4/29/2018 6:47 PM
Super-Pawl wrote:

They've released a ...more

Lol

STREETFIGHTER50 STREETFIGHTER50
4/29/2018 7:27 PM

Raw billet aluminum always looks sweet! But how much weight are they actually saving by cutting out the middle portion of the top plate? I’d prefer a billet solid top plate tbh.

Beamex Beamex
4/29/2018 9:20 PM

Strange that they would not have a recessed area for the top cop. The advantage to this approach is more clamping area on the steerer tube. But then they use a split design to clamp the bars, so I guess clamp area wasn't really a concern.

But I think it looks pretty cool.

dave lawrence dave lawrence
4/30/2018 5:18 AM

I applaud them for not just doing everything the same as 99% of everyone else.

Seriously, if a kid rolls up to a park with an all black bike, there are 900 possibilities. Kid rolls up with the Nowear frame, bars, sprocket and stem, and you KNOW what they are.They have brought some originality back into BMX.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

TheDarkEnergist TheDarkEnergist
4/30/2018 7:16 AM

That's pretty cool. I like that they do weird shit.

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
4/30/2018 11:10 AM
Super-Pawl wrote:

Haha, you're not wrong...

I think it looks like a race-style stem, a bit too flimsy for my taste.

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
4/30/2018 11:11 AM
dave lawrence wrote:

I applaud them for not ...more

True true. All their parts have a very distinctive look, and it ain't the worst out there.

Their 4 piece bars are appealing...

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
4/30/2018 11:24 AM

Don’t really like their designs but it’s cool that’s its different and if they like what they do , fuck it .

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/30/2018 12:49 PM
Super-Pawl wrote:

I might screenshot this and send it to Karl because it's both funny, and probably not too far off.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

kylecarlson kylecarlson
5/1/2018 1:16 PM
Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Don’t really like their ...more

Agree with this 100%. None of it is for me, but I love the fact that it exists!

kylecarlson kylecarlson
5/1/2018 1:18 PM

Gotta say, though - as much as I love that this stuff exists, I don't love the idea of giving unestablished riders signature products. I'm sure this kid kills it, but I feel like signature products should be reserved for the world's top guys.

I think it should be something riders work hard for and accomplish once they've "made it," not when they're one of the best guys at their local park.

5/1/2018 4:44 PM

I like all the unique stuff especially from the small companies. Its more limited and in the future it might not be around so I try to grab stuff like,this so I have it. I'm kind of a collector also lol!

brakeless maniac

5/2/2018 5:51 AM
kylecarlson wrote:

Gotta say, though - as ...more

I can see what you mean, but the hard part is that the top riders tend to have more/better connections. Jacob Thiem is super good-and does things a lot of the top-level pros are doing and he is like 17. Honestly I compare his style with Colton Walker. Here's a video if you are interested to see what I mean:

Ultimately it is Karl's company, and he is free to do what he wants-he could make a signature part for anyone if he wanted. I do agree that top level riders deserve to have their signature stuff, but this kid is riding on that level and from what I can tell, deserves it. He just doesn't have the same exposure as the top level guys out there because he is a kid from the midwest-which if history in BMX serves me correctly, is reasonably forgotten when it comes to exposure/companies taking trips.

Give it a little time and he will be all over the place.

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Showtime402 Showtime402
5/10/2018 1:53 PM

Ya got a set of candy bars 3yrs ago never a issue the frame is weird visually but seem solid I might get 1 someday but definitely legit from everything I've seen!

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

Ridingismylifex1 Ridingismylifex1
5/31/2018 8:33 AM
kylecarlson wrote:

Gotta say, though - as ...more

I have to chime in here, and not just because I represent the company.

While I do agree that someone doesn't necessarily deserve signature product for simply being one of the best guys at their local park, I also know that Jacob is way above that and do feel like this kind of mentality limits bmx as well as who gets to earn the title of an established rider.

If only established top of the world riders receive signature product bmx will continuously be dictated by the few main people who are on top of the industry.
They decide who gets shine time and who gets recognized and even how much of it they get to a degree.
In turn, they decide who gets to rise in the world of bmx to even reach the level of established.

A growing company like Nowear giving Jacob a signature part gives another avenue for him to become an established rider. BMX isn't going to promote him because he doesn't fit the current mold of a street rider in California surrounded by the industry and he's not able to fly across the world to compete on the world stage where he surely wouldn't get last.

In reality, and as people have mentioned already, he's already riding on the level as some of the established people who have signature product and someone with as much influence as you have holding the opinion that people in similar situations shouldn't get signature product because of how established they are only holds back people similar situations/potential.

Super-Pawl Super-Pawl
5/31/2018 9:33 AM

I agree with the guys above me. Hell if I had a small startup I would not have any qualms about giving local friends with considerable style/skill/cred their own signature part. Who says only top riders can get sig parts?

Gack2000 Gack2000
5/31/2018 10:39 AM

Anyone notice that it looks like a older Profile stem? Higher rise, but the same basic shape

5/31/2018 10:56 AM
Showtime402 wrote:

Ya got a set of candy bars ...more

I have the frame it feels super solid and super fun to,ride!

brakeless maniac

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP