Related:
Create New Tag
Nght_RideA
9/3/2019 1:17 AM

Hi there all,

Just a quick break down, based in South Africa, 34 years old and looking for a BMX. So far, to buy new and something half decent im looking at around $525 (basing prices off current exchange rate) now thats just way out of budget at the moment to just get started. 90% of the used bikes for sale are Mongoose Subject bikes and from what iv looked up they great for kids starting out, but for an adult not so great, these are going for around $100 used. Mongoose are just about the only complete you can buy in store or on line locally. the L100 retails for between $300 - $350. I have found a company that brings in FIT bikes, there a complete im looking at $550 - $620. My question is do i go for the not so great mongoose or keep searching ? I have seen some old haro bikes come up for sale every now and then used for around $200. Should i just keep saving for one of these instead ? Im just dying to get a bike and go ride, but dont want something thats going to fall apart after a month.

adamnmexican
9/3/2019 4:47 AM

Keep saving up

fack off

Francky
9/3/2019 4:48 AM

You seem pretty aware of what a good bike is, don’t go cheap or the bike will fall apart pretty quick, the mongoose L100 is good from what I heard of it, otherwise, anything with full crmo frame, bars and fork with double wall rims will do the job.

Nght_RideA
9/3/2019 5:17 AM

Yeah iv been doing some research based on what we get here, and what iv found used online.
There are a few old school chromo bikes, but again they old school bikes, mostly restored or being restored and again going for mad money.

I have found a haro frame for sale for cheap, thinking of getting the frame....its a start, and just keep an eye out for parts and build something up ?

Cheers for the relies guys

Francky
9/3/2019 5:39 AM

Getting a frame and build around is a bad idea, you will quickly get over the 500 $ mark, there will always be one more thing to buy.
The best thing you can do to get started is buy a good complete bike, shred it and change things up when you’ll end up breaking a part.

Nght_RideA
9/3/2019 6:04 AM

Thanks for the advise

BillyBigRigger
9/10/2019 10:12 AM

@Bulletpup on here beats the shit out of his bikes. I think he has a mongoose l100 that he got along pretty well with. Maybe he can chime in on it.

Nght_RideA
9/12/2019 6:01 AM

Came across this redline for sale, decent price....but is it a decent bike ?

Seller hasnt given much more info, waiting on another response from them.

Nght_RideA
9/12/2019 6:02 AM

forgot to attached the pic haha my bad.

adamnmexican
9/12/2019 6:08 AM
Nght_RideA wrote:

Came across this redline ...more

looks good, go for it

fack off

buttmeate
9/13/2019 10:14 AM

if you can get that bike for under $200, id say go for it

wallride a bus everyday

Nght_RideA
9/15/2019 11:51 PM

Its up for sale at around $103 if i take today's exchange rate.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP