Related:
Create New Tag
finwalker.12 finwalker.12
2/26/2020 10:03 AM

My cranks are sticky when i pedal they are fine when i pedal them to the bottom but when the crank arm faces up it gets stiff and makes a rubbing noise its still rideable but its rlly annoying

BmxInTheUsa BmxInTheUsa
2/26/2020 11:37 AM

I have had that when my chain was to tight or my bolts were loose

p1p1092 p1p1092
2/26/2020 11:40 AM

Does it happen with the chain removed from the sprocket?

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 1:59 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

Does it happen with the ...more

No I haven’t tired yet thx I will

2/27/2020 2:01 PM
BmxInTheUsa wrote:

I have had that when my ...more

Idk if it’s the same I can feel and hear a rubbing sound went I pedal it gets stiff and then unstiff but I think it’s definitely from my cracks bb or sprocket

BmxInTheUsa BmxInTheUsa
2/27/2020 6:00 PM

maybe your bottom bracket or spindle and cranks need cleaned and regreased.

BmxInTheUsa BmxInTheUsa
2/27/2020 6:01 PM

if that doesnt help tell me for it might be your bb bearings and i know how to help with that

p1p1092 p1p1092
2/27/2020 6:38 PM
BmxInTheUsa wrote:

maybe your bottom bracket ...more

First step is to eliminate as many possible causes as possible. There's no sense in just blindly trying to fix it; that way they'll end up fixing it until it's actually broken. They should start by removing the chain, to try and isolate the issue to the bottom bracket/cranks/sprocket area or the rear hub. smile

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

BmxInTheUsa BmxInTheUsa
2/27/2020 6:58 PM

good tip p1p1092

BmxInTheUsa BmxInTheUsa
2/27/2020 6:59 PM

Then you should be able to isolated the place of the problem without needlessly taking things apart.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP