Related:
Create New Tag
Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/22/2018 10:02 PM

Many of you know I work as a Letter carrier for the USPS. I dont get but 1 day off (Sunday mostly) and during the holiday months, they are allowed to work us 14 days in a row legally and more than that if the Union doesnt feel it necessary to step in.

It is also getting darker quicker as the winter swoops in. Many days I only get maybe an hour of daylight after I get off. During winter months we work into the night with headlamps. There are parks that are lit at night but they are not a convenient distance from me.

I have built, obtained and purchased obstacles for use in my garage for when I am too bothered to ride street or drive/ride to a park. I have also purchased a pair of knee pads that will be worn, not only to protect my knees while I work and also fall from work but to already have pads on to ride as soon as I get home!

I really worry about knee injuries now that I have had multiple. They are an area prone to damage.

I have posted this in hopes to hear some ways you maximize your riding time.

Homer416 Homer416
9/22/2018 10:25 PM

Garages are a good place for a helmet also if you are planning any flatland antics....

grumpySteve grumpySteve
9/23/2018 12:37 AM

Undercover street spots, and call in sick on a dry day. That's how I get through autumn usually!

XxCAKEWOLFxX XxCAKEWOLFxX
9/23/2018 1:59 AM

Ive been having great night sessions as of recent, especially tonight! Find myself bringing my bike every time I go out now (almost every night lol) to rip it up in the downtown areas, or in random parking garages when it rains. I’m going to invest in some lights because these Miami drivers scare the crap out of me. I work as a beach lifeguard, and after work the last thing I’m trying to do is be out in the sun! So I always ride when the sun starts setting a bit, but this rain lately has been my main limiting factor.

CHILDISHGAMBINO CHILDISHGAMBINO
9/23/2018 10:49 AM

It rains here for literally months at a time. I just try to get out when it's dry. I haven't found a decent undercover spot yet.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/23/2018 11:21 AM
Homer416 wrote:

Garages are a good place ...more

I only do a few flatlandy types of tricks. I would like to make my garage cement more grippy. I heard there is like an acid wash or something you can let sit and it will eat away the smooth layer of cement...anyone have any experience with that?

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/23/2018 11:22 AM
CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It rains here for ...more

Do you have any parks near you? Like regualar parks not skateparks. I find a lot of parts of here have overhead coverage.

9/23/2018 11:31 AM
CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Do you have any parks near ...more

There is one area but it seems to be a place where the homeless get some relief from the weather. I may have to check it again - they may have moved on. There's a covered stage thing in another park that might work if it isn't windy. Its sunny right now so I'm gonna eat and get out for a bit.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/23/2018 12:11 PM
CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Do you have any parks near ...more

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

There is one area but it ...more

Ya, I just got off so Imgonna head to some DIY dirt jumps and fix em up a bit.

ddubz91 ddubz91
9/23/2018 3:01 PM

Depending upon your sleeping schedule, maybe get up an hour or two earlier before work and get a morning session in.

Always movin'

9/23/2018 6:17 PM

Dirt jumps scare the crap out of me. I want to try sometime though. There are some nice ones not far from me.

adamnmexican adamnmexican
9/24/2018 6:20 AM

i've thought about renting a warehouse and splitting the cost with a group of people, then i remembered bike riders here suck and never have any money

It’s all bmx

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/24/2018 6:23 AM
adamnmexican wrote:

i've thought about renting ...more

Lol dream had and lost in the first few moments...

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP