Related:
Create New Tag
OpelliParts
9/10/2019 3:34 PM

Looking for advice. I know nobody likes weight weenies here, but i recently have spent considerable time and research, in attempts to build a complete from scratch

I know there a lot of guys that are weight conscious and would love to see your builds! Seems as though there is very little on this site in regards to lightweight bikes

Let me know what you have!

Four
9/10/2019 5:50 PM

The lightest bike I had I used a flatland frame that was under 4 lbs the whole bike totaled probably around 19.5ish lbs.

Most of my other bikes have been around 21-23 I never really have a good method to weigh them

45 refs and counting check profile.

eskimojay
9/10/2019 6:14 PM

You made that fork arnaud is running , liking what I seen , keep up the good work ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

OpelliParts
9/10/2019 6:30 PM
eskimojay wrote:

You made that fork arnaud ...more

Sure did! Making almost all my parts right now as is. Would like to be able to keep my bike under 15lbs Really makes a statement when you see how strong it is I don't think I'll ever make frames for sale though, at least not in the near future.

Furyus George
9/10/2019 7:19 PM

Would love to see some examples of a 15 pound bike, if only to appreciate it.

tedhuie
9/10/2019 7:24 PM

Check out Ricky Veronick on Instagram. Ti frame forks and bars, some kind of wild string spokes, and hydraulic disc brakes with a gyro. I think it's at 16.5 pounds, and it's not the lightest he's had.

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

standardbmx14mm
9/11/2019 1:12 AM

ill weigh my bikes tomorrow. I was thinking of doing a weight weenie thread with weights of different parts. Might as well buy something lighter if prices are similar.

Francky
9/11/2019 1:20 AM

Lightweight rims and tyres.

OpelliParts
9/11/2019 2:42 AM
standardbmx14mm wrote:

ill weigh my bikes ...more

Let's do that. The amount of parts I've bought and not used because of weight is honestly sad!

OpelliParts
9/11/2019 2:44 AM
tedhuie wrote:

Check out Ricky Veronick ...more

Absolutely! Ricky is a great guy and has an absolute wealth of knowledge! We are riding together Saturday

Furyus George
9/11/2019 3:24 AM
tedhuie wrote:

Check out Ricky Veronick ...more

Crazy. 16 pounds 4 ounces with a disc and gyro! Bike looks nice, too.

BillyBigRigger
9/11/2019 3:47 AM

My bikes pretty light. 26lbs 4 oz.

dave lawrence
9/11/2019 5:42 AM

Brooklyn from Scotty Cranmers channel. Check his setup out.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

SoCalShreds
9/11/2019 9:06 AM

How can you have hydraulic brakes and a gyro?

93EXCivic
9/11/2019 9:20 AM
SoCalShreds wrote:

How can you have hydraulic ...more

https://www.trickstuff-shop.de/Trixer-and-Dirtcap/Trixer

bmxmanboy
9/11/2019 12:00 PM
OpelliParts wrote:

Looking for advice. I know ...more

Use tubolito tubes, folding bead Maxxis/Tioga/KHE tires, ti spokes (quite expensive) some ti profile hubs and crank spindles and go pegless/ ride aluminum pegs. The rest of the parts you just have to see which one is the lightest, just remember that lighter sometimes does mean a part isn't as strong as a heavier one. You can also hit up Mike laird, he makes high quality custom frames with option of ti that weigh like 2 or 3 lbs its crazy. If you just get a good wheel setup you can easily get 1-3 lbs off your setup

Barends are for weenies

SirCaseAlot
9/11/2019 4:22 PM

I mean if you want to go reaaaally light....the answer is racing frames and parts yeah? Carbon everything!

readybmxer
9/11/2019 6:17 PM

Aside from titanium, Iโ€™d say Tubolito brand latex tubes, cutting down your seatpost (if you run it slammed or relatively low), folding, skinny tires (Maxxis, Tioga), or hollow axles.

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

BillyBigRigger
9/11/2019 7:23 PM

Low slung scooter frames with no seatpost are really light. Ya know, frames that have no standover.... pretty much scooters with 20" wheels.

readybmxer
9/11/2019 10:23 PM
BillyBigRigger wrote:

Low slung scooter frames ...more

I don't think it's always the case, my Eastern Repeater scooter frame in 19.69" TT size and 7.4" standover comes in at 5.29 LBS.

To compare, a stranger Quan frame with 20.6" TT and a 10" standover is still 5.40 LBS. Even an S&M Dagger is just shy of 5 LBS and that has (I think) a 7.2" standover.

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

OpelliParts
9/12/2019 1:14 AM

Wow!! Thanks for all these tips guys!! Really some excellent info! I won't be running pegs and will be brake less to start

SirCaseAlot
9/12/2019 4:56 PM

I got some fancy weight weenie wheels built a few months ago.

Profile mini hubs with the skinny 3/8'' female axles

GSport birdcage rims

Double butted spokes

Maxxis Torch 1.95 race tires (these are paperweight)

No pegs. I haven't counted the grams...but they are light. The next steps to go even lighter, would be 1) titanium spokes 2) Tubolito tubes 3) titanium Profile hub parts 4) carbon fiber race rims.

Another thing to look at would be Box Components integrated racing seats. One piece seat and seat post.

OpelliParts
9/12/2019 7:34 PM
SirCaseAlot wrote:

I got some fancy weight ...more

I like this seat very much but would need the BMX standard 25.4mm. I made my own frankenseat but it's still 191g for seat and post combined.

buttmeate
9/13/2019 10:10 AM

i have a 20lb bike
i use a lot of odyssey gsport products becuase they have strength with the warranty program behind them and also their parts tend to be on the lighter end of the scale

folding racing tires are a must, but you end up with more flats when riding streeet

I want to try and see which bolts can be replaced with aluminum without snapping and so far all i have throught of is my bar end bolts, and the nuts on the ends of my plastic pedals, probably pivitol seatpost bolt as well

wallride a bus everyday

OneGuyIlluminatiEye
9/13/2019 10:49 AM

Someone photoshop a bic lighter with bars forks wheels and cranks ๐Ÿ˜†

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP