Related:
Create New Tag
stevehollx stevehollx
3/7/2011 7:24 AM

Dabbling back into BMX after many years off. I've been riding mountain bikes for a few years, and picked up a 26" DJ in the fall. The 26" wasn't what I hoped (it feels clunky, hard to manuever, etc.), and I think I'd prefer a 20" over it.

It will be used mostly for dirt jumping, and light street (tooling around in on flat, mostly). I'm not going to be riding the thing super hard, so I'd rather err on the side of a light bike over (and being okay with occasional parts needing to be replaced) than one that is going to be indestructible. Getting under 25 is ideal. Price range is $400-600. Close to 22-23 would be sweet, if feasible for this price range. (I refuse to accept a BMX bike that weight more than my 6" travel MTB trail bike.)

I've done some research, and it seems like people like to recommend Fit and Kink for bikes on the lighter side of the spectrum. Any specific suggestions?

Willing to look at the used market, as well.

CARL CARL
3/7/2011 7:33 AM

get a rigid 24''. Good for light street and awsome for trails.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

around 10kg and if you slap a fox 831 on there it will be just above 10.

stevehollx stevehollx
3/7/2011 7:37 AM

Nice looking bike, but I think I want a 20" instead of a 24". I'm only 5'6" so I don't really need the cockpit room of a 24" and want the nimble response of a 20". Plus I think the 24" would have extra weight than a 20" would, which I'd like to avoid.

COLORADO SPRINGS COLORADO SPRINGS
3/7/2011 7:39 AM

Check out the Eastern Bike's 2011 Completes. Here and Here. These bikes are solid. These guys are all natives from your hood... North Cackalacky. The BEST company when it comes to standing by their product.

cleanbmx cleanbmx
3/7/2011 7:46 AM

I ride a DK Kvant, for $400 it has full chromoly frame forks and handlebars. It has a 20.5 toptube, which is a bit small for me (I'm 6ft) but is very comfortable and I don't smack my knees off the bars or stem. For the money I think it's one of the best bikes out there, but DK isn't very popular with folks on this site. The Kink Gap XL has a 21in TT and costs $300 on Danscomp now, that's a great bike for the price.

Maxfield_Head Maxfield_Head
3/7/2011 7:46 AM
CARL CARL
3/7/2011 7:55 AM
stevehollx wrote:

Nice looking bike, but I ...more

The bike i linked weighs less than my bmx which is like 24 pounds so no there is no extra weigh to it

but if youre only 5'6 a bmx would be best option and i have to agree a bmx is much more responsive.

If you ride trails make sure to get a longer top tube and cs.

Have a look at eastern, theyve got some pretty good bikes

CARL CARL
3/7/2011 7:56 AM

1K posts!!!!

stevehollx stevehollx
3/7/2011 8:04 AM

The Eastern Axis looks nice. Weight looks about right, and I dig the paint job.

CARL CARL
3/7/2011 8:09 AM
stevehollx wrote:

The Eastern Axis looks ...more

My friend has one, great beginners bike but as everything stock it will break. He bent and cracked frame, bars and wheels.
but if you dont ride too hard and mainly light street and trails you will be fine.

It also have a birectional rearhub and lhd/rhd cranks, so you could easily change to either rhd or lhd.

Great bike, get it!

COLORADO SPRINGS COLORADO SPRINGS
3/7/2011 8:55 AM
stevehollx wrote:

The Eastern Axis looks ...more

There are a few dudes out here with the Axis completes. Pretty sick completes.

Josh321 Josh321
3/7/2011 10:04 AM

verde bikes?

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.

CARL CARL
3/7/2011 1:54 PM
Josh321 wrote:

verde bikes?

I have a verde radia 2010 and its a piece of shit, replaced almost the whole bike in 5 months.

Only decent thing on it is the wheels (cinema)

get something else

swalowMY cockachino swalowMY cockachino
3/7/2011 2:13 PM

eastern boss

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

Ride a Bike Ride a Bike
3/7/2011 2:16 PM
swalowMY cockachino wrote:

eastern boss

this

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP