1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
Super-Pawl
10/4/2017 4:29 PM

This isn't a trend knocking thread. This is just for specific parts you dislike

Volume Mad Dog bars - Volume is sick but these bars man....theyre so horrendous looking. The bottom crossbar is just SO wide.

Fit FAF - slipperiest tires ever even though I dig ASM's. So I'm probably just really dumb

Edman123
10/4/2017 4:30 PM

Anything oil slick

Hmmm

DanTheBikerMan
10/4/2017 4:34 PM

Colony wasp hub in oilslick.

1. Because oilslick
2. Sounds like you have a hoard of bees following you
3. Everyone I know personally who has run one has had issues with the springs
4. 3/8ths female bolts. That's a no-no with pegs, unless you grind light

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

dave lawrence
10/4/2017 6:08 PM
Super-Pawl wrote:

This isn't a trend ...more

They used to be amazing. When small bars were rad.

DK MPH headset. Didn't even get it installed and it broke.

Primo Wall tires-sidewalls/beads were CRAP, and combine with triple wall Hazards they were almost impossible to install without destroying.

Looseball cassettes. Just bad overall. Not worth it in any way.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Shredkink9
10/4/2017 7:17 PM

United caveman frame, never rode one i mean i would try it if someone let me ride there frame but def would never own one. I just think it looks hideous lol. They make bash guards for sprockets why bend a down tube of a frame down under the bottom bracket shell haha oh well i still like united.

Joe Breslin
10/4/2017 7:22 PM

Anything oilslick, the Block stem, and the valor tires 2.40, they are so slippery but other then that they are good

Cam-bmx
10/4/2017 7:30 PM

Agreed with oil slick.

Ride till you die

eskimojay
10/4/2017 7:37 PM
Edman123 wrote:

Anything oil slick

I used to think this until I seen logan martins oilslick hyper in person , it looks allot better in person then in picture

grumpySteve
10/4/2017 10:57 PM

Federal lacey frame. The geometry is nice. But there's loads of lacey fanboys round here. 4 out of the 5 frames I know about locally all cracked in the same place.

Pivotal seats. Since going back to railled, they look really goofy to me, like the pivotal thing is too far back on the seat, so it looks like it's got an over bite.

Brayden_Buckingham
10/4/2017 11:23 PM

Wellgo pedals

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

Cam-bmx
10/5/2017 12:10 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Federal lacey frame. The ...more

Lol I actually love pivotal, I ride with a wierd angles on my seat idk why but with the tripod I got right now it don't feel right even though I am rarely on it

Ride till you die

pnj
10/5/2017 1:10 AM
Shredkink9 wrote:

United caveman frame, ...more

It's because that frame is a 'tribute' to a Haro frame from the 1980's. I guess the Haro frame was one of Rooftops first frames so he wanted something along the same lines.

agreed though, I thought they were dumb back then and still dumb today.

grumpySteve
10/5/2017 5:23 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Cam-bmx wrote:

Lol I actually love ...more

I have my seat angled back a fair bit. But I also like it quite far back on the post. I only noticed it since going back to railled. But pivotal looks goofy af

grumpySteve
10/5/2017 5:25 AM
Shredkink9 wrote:

United caveman frame, ...more

I actually really like it. Bashguards open up plenty of tricks and ideas that a guarded sprocket wouldn't hold up to. And it's refreshing to see something different that's actually practical. I know it's been done, but not for nearly 30 years!

Aitkenisgod
10/5/2017 9:19 AM

Dodgy valve caps, like guns etc.

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

GCBMX69
10/5/2017 9:23 AM

Demolition anorexia hub.
Biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. I can't count how much bearings I've replaced for that thing. I didn't even really grind it either because the first time I did, the bearings exploded.

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

Bulletpup
10/5/2017 10:22 AM

Shadow conspiracy Maya grips. They looked awesome but they wore quick and were super slippery!

Brayden_Buckingham
10/5/2017 10:56 AM
Aitkenisgod wrote:

Dodgy valve caps, like ...more

I laughed at "dodgy" and how true this it

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

dave lawrence
10/5/2017 11:17 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

My lacey was 4 years old when I swapped for a Twilight, and last i heard it is still going.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

eskimojay
10/15/2017 6:18 PM

I don’t know how the odyssey hubs are these days but the v1 v2 and v3 all fucken sucked .... after riding those hubs I don’t want a 3 pawl
Hub ever again

Bulletpup
10/15/2017 8:01 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

Cam-bmx wrote:

Lol I actually love ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

I have my seat angled back ...more

different lengths, colors, and 2 different offsets.

https://www.modernbike.com/product-2126241486?gclid=CjwKCAjwjozPBRAqEiwA6xTOYNBHtfpT-L5c6XJugO4fLgOTGQmInn5WdthDm8QE-T4nNb417grWHhoCwCcQAvD_BwE

Odyssey made an offset post as well that is compatible with pivotal and railed seats.

http://www.odysseybmx.com/dailyword/tag/seat-post/

Bulletpup
10/15/2017 8:04 PM
eskimojay wrote:

I don’t know how the ...more

The gsport ratchet and antigram are basically the same design. Its a 3 pawl system and its pretty beefy. I personally like a 4 pawl system. My reasoning is if one pawl breaks I can just remove the opposite pawl and run it with 2 pawls opposite to eachother.

sundaybmxRR
10/15/2017 8:36 PM
eskimojay wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

The gsport ratchet and ...more

running a hub without a pawl is a bad idea, running without 2 of them is even worse of an idea.

technically 3 pawls are more efficient, the reasoning being all 3 pawls engage at the same time, where as with 4 (not sure about 6 pawls though) there's a chance 1 or 2 of the pawls won't engage at the same time as the others and will cause skipping. Any hub is susceptible to skipping though but still.

Bulletpup
10/15/2017 8:45 PM
eskimojay wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

The gsport ratchet and ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

running a hub without a ...more

When one of my pawls broke on my rant cassette, I did what I said and it worked just fine. Imo it is worse to have non-symetrical forces applied. Its just a theory on my part and I have no real evidence that it would be the best temporary fix.

While I waited to recieve the replacement pawl I rode it just as hard without 2 pawls and It ran fine. I only rode it for about a week and a half maybe 2 but I rode for around 6+ hours everyday for those 1 1/2- 2 weeks.

When I got the part in I opened it up and there was no noticable damage. Again, not saying this is the best idea but it just seems logical to my brain and its why I prefer 4 pawls.

grumpySteve
10/15/2017 10:27 PM

With 3 pawl they engage at the same time, with 4 only 2 engage at the same time. That's what allows quicker engagement. Although, a few hubs come with the toothed pawls now so they engage even quicker, but the teeth wear fairly quickly.

A lot of people that use elite hubs (especially racers that use the cassette version) remove 1 or 2 springs/pawls. The engagement is quick enough without them, and they add a noticeable drag.

Bulletpup
10/15/2017 10:28 PM
DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Colony wasp hub in ...more

I dont understand this.

Everything I have researched has led me to believe this:

-3/8 Male is weaker than 14mm Male
-14mm Male is about equal or weaker than 3/8 female
-3/8 Female is weaker than 14mm Female

The theory is that because of the increased thread contact surface area, the overall strength is increased. The force is more evenly spread out and due to the axle portion being hollow and larger diameter than a male axle, it is actually stronger.

For instance take a solid price of rod iron the thickness of a straw and try to bend it. You can.
But make that same thickness of steel hollow and it becomes harder to bend.

Some female axles are aluminum with steel bolts and I can see that possibly being more of a problem but a chromoly female axle with chromoly bolts seems bombproof in my opinion...

I do not grind so I only speak from online research. But I have researched it very much.

sundaybmxRR
10/15/2017 10:42 PM
Bulletpup wrote:

I dont understand this.

...more

14mm female > 14mm male > 3/8" female > 3/8" male, in terms of grinding anyway.

I base that on the fact that I've bent front 3/8" axle bolts, and have yet to bend my 14mm male axle in the rear which is/was much older than those bolts. And generally you grind on your back more than you grind on your front, so even with the added abuse on the rear axle, the front bolts bent quicker

grumpySteve
10/15/2017 10:47 PM

Alloy female axles aren't meant for grinding. Maybe the G sport one's? But still not for heavy peg use. The profile site actually says their alloy axles are for race use only (or words to that affect)

Bulletpup
10/15/2017 10:53 PM
grumpySteve wrote:

Alloy female axles aren't ...more

Double post.

Bulletpup
10/15/2017 10:55 PM

It wouldnt let me write this so I had to take a screenshot of what I wrote lol

1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP