Related:
Create New Tag
SOCAL_Rider SOCAL_Rider
3/14/2014 9:30 PM

If I'm right foot forward do i need an Left Hand Drive bike so i dont break my chain when grinding?... Can any bike be changed to LHD? and if not what are good LHD bikes

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
3/14/2014 9:35 PM

Just because you're right foot forward, doesn't mean you will grind on the right. You'll probably need to ride a friend's bike & see which side you feel better hopping onto, or do you have a bike now? Try hopping onto a ledge from the side & see which way you feel better hopping on.

Also, do you need a new bike or just need LHD? Because you can get LHD or switchable hubs

transition_chris transition_chris
3/14/2014 9:41 PM

Any bike can be switched, but you need LHD compatible cranks and rear hub. If you are buying a new complete and you know you will grind on the right then definitely look for one that is LHD.

If you are still new and are unsure, just grab a drive side hub guard and you will be ok to grind on the right side of your bike. You may break a chain or a sprocket, but if you do then you can upgrade those parts and get something stronger.

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

SOCAL_Rider SOCAL_Rider
3/14/2014 9:42 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

Just because you're right ...more

i have a bike atm and i feel more comfortable grinding on the right side... i need a bigger bike but i was gonna start by getting new bars and stem to make it alittle bigger and i need new tires and some spokes.

transition_chris transition_chris
3/14/2014 9:46 PM

Start by getting a drive side hub guard if you are doing any grinds on the right side. Seriously. One good impact to your driver can turn your bike in to a fix gear. dizzy

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
3/14/2014 9:48 PM

What bike do you have now? And what price range do you have for a new bike? There's quite a few companies offering LHD option bikes now

SOCAL_Rider SOCAL_Rider
3/14/2014 9:50 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

What bike do you have now? ...more

i have a fit tech 2.5 and i need a bike with 21' long frame and big bars for around $500 (Im 6ft tall and mainly ride park)

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
3/14/2014 9:53 PM

PEGS ON THE SIDE OF BIKE = SPOCKET/DRIVE ON OTHER SIDE

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

blackrose blackrose
3/15/2014 3:18 AM

how often do you grind the only reason you go to the left is because you grind the right and want to save chains and sprocket

ride or die

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP