Related:
Create New Tag
Futon Futon
7/14/2013 6:50 PM

I stopped riding about 8 years ago and I was looking to get back into it. I have an old DK sixpack frame and some parts from back then but I was looking to buy a new complete bike so I can get right back into it. I'm looking for any suggestions. I'm 5'10 and looking to spend less than 500. My skill level was never very high. Mostly ride street and maybe some trails and park if I can find some near me. Looking for a light bike that's really durable. Best bang for my buck. I'm not sure how much i'll get back into it so i'd like a bike that I don't have to replace parts on for awhile.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gump Gump
7/14/2013 7:08 PM

What's your price range man?

Also things like height and style of riding you like eg gaps/high speed shit or techy street?

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

Futon Futon
7/14/2013 7:18 PM
Gump wrote:

What's your price range ...more

Under 500. I'm 5'10. To be honest i'll probably be pretty chill just do techy shit. I'm old now so i'm not sure how my body will do on big gaps.

Really looking for the best complete I can get for the price. I'm doing a little research on my own but it's been a long time so I could really use the suggestions. Thanks for your response.

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
7/14/2013 7:32 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102162/2013_Kink_Hittle_Pro_Bike_(Ben_Hittle).html

Get that. I know you said under 500, but this would actually last you. Its full chromo and stuff. Use this code in the promo box when you check out and it should bring it down a bit 44J3 shoot nevermind, its already 10% off all completes, so dont use it, itll be like 493$

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

Futon Futon
7/14/2013 7:58 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

...more

Okay thanks I will consider that one.

Anyone have thoughts on http://shop.dkbicycles.com/DK-Helio-Pearl-White-Chocolate/dp/B006BEFSWY ?

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
7/14/2013 8:02 PM
MaximusBikes wrote:

...more

Futon wrote:

Okay thanks I will ...more

Nah i know it is cheaper, but it wont be as nice. If you dont mind that, then go ahead. That one wouldnt be fun for what you are gonna do really.

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
7/14/2013 8:10 PM

http://www.veinbmx.com/bmx-extreme-bikes/Eastern-Bikes_2/2013-Eastern-Cremator That would also be good.

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

chad88 chad88
7/14/2013 8:11 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102211/2013_Sunday_Primer_Bike.html

this looks like apretty good complete that should hold up well

mitch.forrest.73 mitch.forrest.73
7/14/2013 8:23 PM

4431 = 15% off at Dan's save yourself some more money

Gump Gump
7/14/2013 9:10 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102214/2013_Sunday_Ross_EX_Bike.html

Full chromo frame techy ish frame. Sunday strength. Or any of the Sundays at this price.

https://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102301/2014_Subrosa_Letum_Bike.html

Seems decent for the money.

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

jake-loves-to-ride jake-loves-to-ride
7/14/2013 9:21 PM

DONT. GET. COMPLETE. BIKES.

Fucking hell im getting sick of god damn vital uses always asking about complete bikes. BUY A PRE-MADE CUSTOM. Shops do configure custom bikes with aftermarket parts you know???????

EXAMPLE: http://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/4798/custom-set-blackout-bike

This guy is just going to snap a complete bike in half...

Futon Futon
7/14/2013 9:36 PM
jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

DONT. GET. COMPLETE. ...more

Yeah because i'm gonna spend 1400 on a bike when i'm just deciding to get back into it. No thanks.

I'm leaning towards http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102158/2013_Kink_Whip_Bike.html so far.

Soulrebelrastaman Soulrebelrastaman
7/15/2013 12:28 AM

Futon wrote:

Yeah because i'm gonna ...more

Yeah but you can get a second hand custom in your price range, and at least then if you don't stick with it you can sell it back on and get a decent price, or if you do stick with it you'll have a ride that will see you thru some decent progression, if you buy a complete and then quit riding and want to sell that you won't get nowhere near what you paid for it.

Trust us we know what we are saying. GET A SECOND HAND CUSTOM, this question comes up so often on here and we always tell people the same thing.

Sup2u

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/15/2013 6:31 AM

Futon wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Yeah but you can get a ...more

100% AGREE, My friend sold his sunday funday frame with like eclat onyx crackset, colony teddy bars, hawk tires, cult wheel sets (match) and cult everything else, top load stem, sprocket, chain cult... He sold it for $250 cause he needed cash, And guess what... it will last generations lol...

If this guy buys a $600 Kink Whip, Over a $600 Custom DAK or Custom Tierra or whatever his preferences are... I dno what to say..

Chuck8273 Chuck8273
7/15/2013 7:06 AM

It's crazy what you can find with a little patience. And that "The Set" bike isn't worth anywhere near that to me. It looks like any other complete out there but you're paying way too much. Maybe it's a local brand, or some trendy park shit, idk. There's kids in the for sale section selling stuff, there are several kids on cl asking what they paid for their custom bikes, which is funny. BMX parts depreciate faster than a Maybach, haha. Go on cl, and lowball the piss out of the $1500 bike kids. They will wear down quick if you send messages from a few different numbers offering 150-200, then hit them with a text offering 350-400. They'll think, damn, I better take that or ill be stuck with it. Lol.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/15/2013 7:30 AM
Chuck8273 wrote:

It's crazy what you can ...more

I don't know what hole you've crawled under but 'The Set' is almost exactly the same as CULT but with a T1 Community, It's not a local brand mate... It's not worth anywhere near that? What? Because you've never heard about it before? Save me the breatheman and just be quiet.

My friend has their Blackout frame and it's solid, he's done bottom bracket grinds and smashed every part of it and doesn't dent easy.

He also has the Blackout bars which ALSO have lasted a super long time.

Can't even be bothered arguing lol?

chad88 chad88
7/15/2013 7:42 AM
Futon wrote:

i was gonna recommened this but since its only 20.5 you might want to get a stem with a longer reach

Futon Futon
7/15/2013 9:11 AM

Futon wrote:

chad88 wrote:

i was gonna recommened ...more

It should be alright for me. I ended up ordering it. It ran me 285 after shipping. I ended up getting 10% off of the complete bike + 15% off of my total purchase. Saved me 50 bucks (the 15% code). Thanks for the help and advice.

I know you guys don't understand me buying a complete but my thinking is I can get it asap and start riding. If I decide to stick with it this time around then i'll replace the parts I want to replace and build a new one. I have the money to waste so it's not a big deal If I don't end up riding the bike forever.

Chuck8273 Chuck8273
7/15/2013 9:18 AM
Chuck8273 wrote:

I don't know what hole ...more

Sorry. It's gay. You're gay. Stfu princess bitch bitch.
Haha. You compared it to cult. Enough said.

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/15/2013 3:34 PM
Chuck8273 wrote:

I don't know what hole ...more

Chuck8273 wrote:

Sorry. It's gay. You're ...more

Princess bitch bitch? Wut... How old are you? You have a fucking slut as your vital display picture.....? You're calling me gay? You don't even know me and you have no idea what you're talking about...

When did I ever make a comparison? I never compared anything to anything... I said The Set is LIKE cult, but with a Terrible One community? Fucking hell you're a fuckface.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP