Related:
Create New Tag
Loliver Loliver
4/5/2017 11:28 AM

Hi guys,
Im relatively new to BMX, and i was looking for a good used bike.
I found this one at around 200 Euros.

From the pictures, would you say it is worth the price?

http://www.dba.dk/bmx-cult-cult-1-gear-20/id-1032742824/billeder/1/

seanthemechanic seanthemechanic
4/5/2017 11:34 AM

There really is no good cheap bike. You get what you pay for

Loliver Loliver
4/5/2017 11:36 AM
seanthemechanic wrote:

There really is no good ...more

Im buying this used, i was asking if the price would seem reasonable for the bike seen in the pictures.

Loliver Loliver
4/6/2017 5:10 AM

Would be awesome if someone could help me since i have to buy the bike on friday.

JewishLamb JewishLamb
4/6/2017 7:04 AM

Well for a first bike it's not terrible but there are some things i want to talk about with this bike after doing a bit of analysis, first off, find out what frame this is exactly, get the guy talking to you and communicate a lot so he knows you're interested, second off, how old are you because if you're younger (14/15 years old) that would mean you're just starting to grow or have some growing to do, the reason why i ask this is because you could out grow the bike meaning you would need taller bars/a top load stem (I will insert pictures at the bottom of what the two different stems would look like). Generally the length of the frame comes down to personal preference but that's really not an issue if yo're just getting in the sport because you don't fully know the kind of riding you want to do yet. Okay now for what comes on the bike and if it's worth 200 Euros, or about $300 here in Canada, at first glance i can tell you that this bike isn't worth that price, I do know that bikes and bike parts are a bit more expensive in the Europe, Thank god you don't live in Australia lol, there are just a few things on this bike that are big No No's for someone who wants to really progress their riding, first off, the Salt Rims that come on this bike are very cheap and are probably going to give you some trouble if you are trying to learn 180's and even landing on your back wheel sideways (which happens alot as you learn) if you want to get really technical, the salt rims are a single wall rim and I'm like 90% sure that they are pinned and not welded which some say makes the rim weaker but I have no opinion on that.The pedals that come on this bike are metal pedals, I definitely would advise to replace these for plastic pedals unless you don't mind getting a nice piece of metal to the shin and ruining your bike session for the day. Other than that I would say the bike is solid, if you can bring him down a bit on price and try and buy new pedals that would be good, the tires look to have lots of tread left so that's not an issue and it comes with four pegs so which you could take off as you learn then put back on once you start getting comfortable and trying simple grinds, the only other possible issue would be the bearings in the headset and the bottom bracket which I can't see obviously in these pictures. So Should You Buy This Bike? Yes,It's your Money and If you feel comfortable spending it then go ahead we are just here to tell you if we think it's nice or not.
If you do purchase this bike repost it in this chat and tell us how it went, goodluck!

Photo

@Jewishlamb

Loliver Loliver
4/6/2017 8:47 AM

Thanks alot for the answer!
I am 5'9, would that mean im too tall for the stem? and how much would it cost to replace it?

JewishLamb JewishLamb
4/6/2017 10:01 AM

I think your best bet would be to invest in a topload stem, right now you're just at that sweetspot in height, but if you think you'll end up growing more then thats when i would suggest thinking about purchasing larger bars but don't worry about that now. here are some links to some of the best bang for your buck topload stems.

http://www.sundaybikes.com/gear/stems-and-headsets/freeze-topload-stem/

https://www.danscomp.com/products/370387/Subrosa_Uplift_Stem.html

https://www.danscomp.com/products/370651/Cult_Salvation_Forged_Stem.html

@Jewishlamb

Loliver Loliver
4/6/2017 10:18 AM
JewishLamb wrote:

I think your best bet ...more

Wow, thanks alot for all the helpful answers!
I feel alot more confident about the bike now. And i will surely be buying some platic pedals.

Loliver Loliver
4/6/2017 10:21 AM

And i have to admit that i am 23, and will probably not be growing much more, hahaha.

JewishLamb JewishLamb
4/6/2017 10:36 AM
Loliver wrote:

And i have to admit that i ...more

Okay so bars at this point will just be a personal preference, normally everyone buys a bike then replaces the parts that break or they don't like as they go.

@Jewishlamb

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP