Related:
Create New Tag
raspberrytea raspberrytea
2/24/2018 7:34 PM

I went to the park today to learn to grind and was trying ledges the whole time. I got a couple of decent grinds on the ledge, but when i land on the ledge i typically seem to turn my wheel to the side which seems to push me off. I have yet to attempt a rail and was wondering if it is easier or harder to grind on rails

HondaCRFRacer HondaCRFRacer
2/24/2018 7:50 PM

Ledges are alot easier than rails In my opinion...

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

p1p1092 p1p1092
2/24/2018 8:08 PM

It's much easier to grind rails, you can lean in a lot more and lock in. The only hard part with rails is balancing if you're going over a certain distance.

Ledges tend to push you off but keep trying both and you'll get pretty good at both, one will definitely compliment the other.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/24/2018 8:10 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

It's much easier to grind ...more

I find smiths and feebles easier on ledges, but I find double pegs easier on rails.... but I rarely grind rails... so I'm biased twords ledges lol

p1p1092 p1p1092
2/24/2018 8:12 PM
HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I find smiths and feebles ...more

Doubles, ices, tooths and crankarms are a hell of a lot easier on rails, I find. Smiths and feebles will pretty much always be hit or miss on rails for me.

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/24/2018 8:16 PM
p1p1092 wrote:

It's much easier to grind ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I find smiths and feebles ...more

p1p1092 wrote:

Doubles, ices, tooths and ...more

Yeah of course crank arms, tooth picks, and ice picks are easier on rails as well for sure... I don't think I'll ever try a feeble or smith on a rail anytime soon lol, if it do it better be a wide ass raillaughing

Brayden_Buckingham Brayden_Buckingham
2/24/2018 8:19 PM

I’ve doubled pegged a 20ft ledge ( the whole thing ) but I struggle to fully grind a flatrail that’s maybe 6ft long .

Ledges are easy because you can’t fal off the other side , your pegs when dig in and slow you down , but with rails you’ll go over the other side

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

thairishguy thairishguy
2/25/2018 8:48 PM

Ive tried a rail properly before New Years(well flat-rail not a handrail), and after having only ridden ledges for two whole years, I was surprised at how easy it was to ride.

At first, I kept rolling up to the rail and pussing out not even hopping up to it. After around 20 runs of doing that I was starting to get annoyed at myself, so I took a few deep breaths to calm my heartrate and clear my head. Then I just focused on one thought: “Hit it or F off”. Decided to go for it. Hopped on to double pegs and rolled away first try a bit sketchy (front wheel dropped down first). After that I was confident enough to ride it for an hour perfecting the double pegs.

Although the one time I accidentally got into a feeble was a bit scary.

Bulletpup Bulletpup
2/25/2018 10:15 PM

I always worry about hopping and having my rear peg catch the underside of the rail and eating shit.

Same thing i worry about when I mess around on school lunch benches and bleachers or anything with an overhanging lip really.

I vote ledges are easier to get the balls to try but im sure certain tricks are easier on rails. Double peg grinds dont feel right when I try them on ledges; even if the ledge has angle iron.

thairishguy thairishguy
2/25/2018 11:15 PM
Bulletpup wrote:

I always worry about ...more

Double pegs are probably just one of those tricks that go more naturally with rails. Onrails you grind more on the inner peg while ledges are more of the outer peg, the balance point would be closer to the wheels on a rail than on a ledge.

Phunny93 Phunny93
2/26/2018 7:01 AM

What's a Rail? LEDGES LEDGES LEDGES

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP