Related:
Create New Tag
REM0TED REM0TED
1/1/2017 9:05 AM

I have a black and green madmain, I also have a Carrera but its gears are broken at the moment, I've been riding BMX for 4-5 days and can do pretty high bunny hops, some 90's and fakies/fakie outs, but I dont wanna take my BMX to school in case some chavs are like "do a 180" which i cant do, should i take it anyways?

sXeBMXer sXeBMXer
1/1/2017 10:33 AM

School like secondary or like college?

Personally I would take it to school and people could piss directly off if they didn't like it!. when I was in grade school, it was a huge thing to be a bmx rider. My whole group of friends rode to school together...like 20 of us, and were allowed to do stuff at recess. The "cool kids" had bmx bikes. We were known all over the neighborhood as the "bike gang" even though we didn't do bad stuff. We were just always together.

If people ask you to do tricks you can't do...just say "I'm not there yet". If they give you shit, hand them the bike and say "ok, YOU do it"

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

#jamiemorris1 #jamiemorris1
1/1/2017 11:10 AM

I would say yes take it but I would be more worried about someone stealing your bmx or people putting pens through your tyres or taking parts off of the bike, ask a teacher or site security if there is anywhere in good vision of cctv and try to lock it up there, I used to take my bike to school and no one said anything but i stopped because I was worried about people destroying my pride and joy.

ggallin422 ggallin422
1/1/2017 11:23 AM

Do whatever you want man. Fuck what people think. Don't worry about what's cool or trendy. Just do your own thing, and be true to yourself. That's what really makes a person "cool".

grumpySteve grumpySteve
1/1/2017 11:52 AM

who cares what people at school might say? If someone says "do a 180" just say "I did, last night, whilst climbing off your mum"

sundaybmxRR sundaybmxRR
1/1/2017 4:10 PM

Tell them to fuck off. I rode to school all the time and got the classic "get a car faggot!" yelled by some 16 year old whose rich dad just bought him the latest model Mustang that he'll probably wreck anyway trying to show off for his friends. I just told them to fuck off and suck a cock

Spenlard Spenlard
1/1/2017 4:46 PM
sundaybmxRR wrote:

Tell them to fuck off. I ...more

Ya i walked and rode to hs even in the snow until i saved enough for MY OWN car which i could actually treat like MY car while these kids basically driving rentals as far as restrictions because their parents are buying on bimmers and audis they could never ever fix on their own and have nothing legally to do with. Actually met my girlfriend of 3 years because she lived close and would give me rides sometimes when she saw me walking lol. Humble is sexy bruh

It's so much more satisfying owning your things not renting them, fuck the oppression man! Ride your bike to Timbuktu in this maf. You're racing your own race not anyone else's. Something I wish I realized more through school

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

sXeBMXer sXeBMXer
1/1/2017 7:02 PM
Spenlard wrote:

Ya i walked and rode to hs ...more

Humble is sexy....so freaking true!! And the rest of your post is spot on as well....kids living in the world of their parents "rentals". I never lived that way either. Bought my own car. Worked on my own car. I even payed for my own college without help from my parents. They gave me small amounts her and there...like $50 every once in a while. But I worked a job starting sophomore year (prep cook/chef type stuff) till I graduated from college and went on in my career teaching. Hell, I used to ride my bike to work when I could. Would keep it in the corner of the breakroom.

Agreed with most on here about doing your own thing. People will only hate when they are insecure...and it would suck to be that insecure. Lots of good punk rock advice...

Definitely check on the safety of the bike thing as well. Would suck to come out afterwards and find your bike has been jacked, or dicked with somehow.

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

Spenlard Spenlard
1/1/2017 8:13 PM
sXeBMXer wrote:

Humble is sexy....so ...more

Hahah hell yeah man the scrub life is something everyone should experience ..

I bought a car in Columbus once, sorry to hear you live there man

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
1/1/2017 9:32 PM

Why give a shit?

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

cmc cmc
1/1/2017 9:41 PM
REM0TED wrote:

I have a black and green ...more

It sounds like you want to learn 180's though. So, yeah, if you want to be able to show off a few tricks, spend a few weeks learning them, then bust out.
adamnmexican adamnmexican
1/1/2017 9:44 PM

If you wear head phones you can't hear anyone anyway

It’s all bmx

Beamex Beamex
1/1/2017 10:32 PM

You seem a bit self conscious. As long as you aren't running training wheels on it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Does your school have a good secure place to lock up bikes?

REM0TED REM0TED
1/2/2017 2:29 AM
Beamex wrote:

You seem a bit self ...more

Yeah, i have a small lock too, and there is little bike sheds that they lock after 9am

Colonydirt94 Colonydirt94
1/2/2017 6:09 AM

Ha I ride mine to work everyday and everyone always makes jokes like "let me see a backflip" or "let me see that thing where you spin the back of the bike around". Its whatever. I like being with my bike as much as I can and just laugh off the jokes. I suggest the same.

Smoke Drink Die

ggallin422 ggallin422
1/2/2017 6:39 AM

Living in fear of being asked to do a 180? While we are on the verge of ww3. To be young again...

cmc cmc
1/2/2017 6:48 AM
ggallin422 wrote:

Living in fear of being ...more

Yeah, I hear ya. But we were on the verge of WW3 in 1987 too.

And I remember being pretty stoked when I finally *was* able to pull a few tricks for other kids who yelled "do a trick."

It's a pretty significant first riding experience in my opinion. Kind of like winning a race.
sXeBMXer sXeBMXer
1/2/2017 11:58 AM
Spenlard wrote:

Hahah hell yeah man the ...more

my whole life has been the scrub life! And I love it. So good to be free of the demands of mainstream first world society. As long as I have a place to keep my bikes and instruments dry, and a place to poop, I am happy.

I actually like Columbus other than the fact that we don't get much of a winter. Just big enough to feel like a city, but not so big that we have big city issues. You can ride most places and not worry about thug stuff and gang stupidity...parks are small, but chill. Reeeaaalllyyy low cost of living (which helps with the scrub life being comfortable). I have a house here in town that in any other city would be a $700,000 property...here in town it was only $200,000. Sweet old 1920's Arts and Crafts style house (architecture is my other love beyond music and bikes) in a great neighborhood. My mortgage is a quarter of most of my freinds in other cities...I'll take it!

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

Exil Exil
1/2/2017 4:02 PM

I ride my bike to school every day, hell the gate was locked one day so I rode through the school instead of hopping it. Only shit people gave was looking at it in all its glory. If someone talks shit, don't mind them. At least you can do tricks, they probably don't even know the difference between a hub and a bb.

Spenlard Spenlard
1/2/2017 10:54 PM
sXeBMXer wrote:

my whole life has been the ...more

Hahaha I'm just kidding for the most parts. I must've been on a bad side lol. I actually bought my last car from a very dodgy dealership in an alley where only 1 guy spoke English. However I do remember seeing some pretty interesting buildings and stuff on the way in. Lots of pawn shops and shit, got those wrong end of town vibes lol. I assume it's not all that way but what I remember of it was

adamnmexican adamnmexican
1/3/2017 5:29 AM

also, they're more likely to steal your bike than laugh at you

It’s all bmx

michael.eckhart michael.eckhart
1/3/2017 3:28 PM
REM0TED wrote:

I have a black and green ...more

1st, who cares what people think. 2nd I'd be more worried about it getting stolen.
Usually most people would be impressed just by you trying to do tricks. Not everyone is a pro. But even pros fall all the time.

dave lawrence dave lawrence
1/3/2017 3:36 PM

Also if you have been riding all of a week and can hop and do 90s and some fakies, you have 90% of this forum beat.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP