Related:
Create New Tag
Cam-bmx Cam-bmx
9/26/2017 12:15 PM

Hey guys I have been trying to get this spindle off of this demolition crank as I have a set of them off this guy one is left one is right but they both have a spindle on them so I am trying to get the spindle off the left one so I can use them

Photo

Ride till you die

HondaCRFRacer HondaCRFRacer
9/26/2017 12:21 PM

Put the spindle the through the bb and then put the other crank arm on and tighten the compression bolt on the one you put on the other side of the spindle and then use a rubber mallet and hit the other one with a rubber mallet....

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

scrub74 scrub74
9/26/2017 12:22 PM

Soak it in PB blaster for a while, thread a big bolt into the spindle and whack it with a hammer.

Mishinn_Control Mishinn_Control
9/26/2017 12:32 PM

Off topic... when I saw this & began clicking on it, I thought to myself... "this better not be a pic of a penis!"

CHILDISHGAMBINO CHILDISHGAMBINO
9/26/2017 12:37 PM
Mishinn_Control wrote:

Off topic... when I saw ...more

LOL

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/26/2017 12:53 PM

Get a "deadblow" rubber mallet. They work so much better for getting yhings off. Go to home depot!

grumpySteve grumpySteve
9/26/2017 1:17 PM

Put the axle in your bb, put the bolt in, but not tightened, about 2 turns out. Smack the bolt with a rubber mallet

dave lawrence dave lawrence
9/26/2017 6:37 PM

Find a socket that matches the spindle diameter, put that in and hit that with a hammer. Usually you would put the spindle through a frame and BB.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/26/2017 6:52 PM
Cam-bmx wrote:

Hey guys I have been ...more

When you do get it off, apply a thick layer of grease on your splines! That will help for removing them in the future.

Cam-bmx Cam-bmx
9/26/2017 6:52 PM

Got it off now when I go to put it on the bike I can't get it back on, no matter how hard I try to hammer it in.

Ride till you die

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/26/2017 6:54 PM
Cam-bmx wrote:

Got it off now when I go ...more

Is your bottom bracket spacer not aligned correctly?

Bulletpup Bulletpup
9/26/2017 6:55 PM

If you feel around and look around your bottom bracket can you feel or see like a lip anywhere? If you put the spindle in the first bearing and let it hang out till you align it properly with a finger from the other side, it should slide in with a slight nudge.

grumpySteve grumpySteve
9/26/2017 10:25 PM
Cam-bmx wrote:

Got it off now when I go ...more

Hammering it is your problem. You probably put it on a little pissed and have probably damaged the splines. You should be able to find the splines and at least start to get it on without needing any force

Cam-bmx Cam-bmx
9/27/2017 1:05 AM

The bb is fine it goes through just fine, I got a couple extra spindles just got to get them off cranks so I'll try a different spindle

Ride till you die

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP