Related:
Create New Tag
Ikonic Ikonic
6/21/2013 3:13 PM

I'm looking for a good rear hub. In my opinion, The quieter the better. Any ideas?

Ride Hard, Bail Harder.

Chrisaustin Chrisaustin
6/21/2013 3:14 PM

I always had the idea that the louder the better...

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

handlebar-to-face handlebar-to-face
6/21/2013 3:15 PM

I don't know but coasters are quiet if you don't mind getting one of those or just pack your current hub with grease that's what I did

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

Ikonic Ikonic
6/21/2013 3:19 PM

I know most people like the sounds loud but I find the ticking kinda annoying

Ride Hard, Bail Harder.

Soulrebelrastaman Soulrebelrastaman
6/21/2013 3:23 PM

Don't get the BSD back street then, I got that thing and its loud as fuck.

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

Topsey Topsey
6/21/2013 3:29 PM

The problem is the majority of hubs nowadays all have individually sprung pawls & that makes them louder. Also the more pawls generally the louder it is. Then on top of that the more teeth in the ratchet ring (Which is what the pawls contact with, which is the clicking noise) the louder the hub will be so stick well clear of Profile Elite or Eclat Dynamic & Premium Stinger hubs. If you can find a 3 pawl hub with a single wrap around spring (Which will have shittier engagement) & pack it with grease you will have a quite hub. I am afraid though if you want good engagement & a stronger driver you will have to deal with the noise.

jj0996 jj0996
6/21/2013 4:36 PM

you could get a good aftermarket and put extra grease in it but the problem with that is too much grease will cause your hub to slip due to too much shit between the pawls and the teeth

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

Aav1996 Aav1996
6/21/2013 7:50 PM

My hub used to be loud as hell over the time I went putting lube in it whenever I felt it need some and now..... It's quiet as hell....

future FBM future FBM
6/21/2013 8:14 PM

Little triflow in my remix made it quiet

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

MaximusBikes MaximusBikes
6/21/2013 8:50 PM

My bro has a quando hub that is a cassette with sealed bearings and all but is almost dead silent! the tires rolling is louder!

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

Chris12345 Chris12345
6/21/2013 9:18 PM
Topsey wrote:

The problem is the ...more

My animal javelin is a 3 pawl wrap around spring and its loud as hell and has good engagement.

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

isnowyaznV2 isnowyaznV2
6/21/2013 10:50 PM

I have a Salt Trapez L/R hub and that's pretty much aftermarket I guess. I've never really degreased it that much but I do put a bit of lube on the pawls and ratchet. The driver uses a wrap-around spring but it's still loud as hell. Back then, I'd experiment with quiet and loud hubs and I just absolutely could not stand a full day with a quiet hub. It drives me nuts unless I'm riding a legit freecoaster.

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

layloemay layloemay
6/22/2013 12:00 AM

Topsey is spot on. Of all the cassette hubs I ran though, to me the least noisiest good hub is the GSport Ratchet.

FEDEXdoobie FEDEXdoobie
6/22/2013 12:39 AM

My cult match is pretty quiet

whocares whocares
6/22/2013 7:57 AM

I run the Eclat Dynamic on one of my bikes and it's one quiet hub. Damn near silent if you asked me. The hub doesn't really make itself known unless your blasting downhill or something. I also have a Primo ReMix and a G-Sport Ratchet to compare to and consider those pretty damn loud. Never lubed either of them since I got 'em.

Back into BMX after 17 years. I just want to learn how to manual dammit!

2012 Fit WiFi Custom

sk8termatt sk8termatt
6/22/2013 11:42 AM

my stock hub is almost silent its the salt am hub I think lol but its unsealed and I hate it

andyferly andyferly
6/22/2013 3:20 PM

Odyssey v3.

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP